Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → this is a test, posting from opera
this is a test, posting from opera
2003-07-16, 1:09 PM #1
i'm liking it so far, its very fast compared to IE, ive seen the light!

------------------
Memory believes before knowing remembers. Believes longer than recollects. Longer than knowing even wonders.

Council of 13
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2003-07-16, 1:52 PM #2
just reminded me to go get opera, so heres me too coming live from opera....pretty good, like the mouse gestures....

------------------
I heard someone say once that the world is a fine place and its worth fighting for....I agree with the last part.

People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots website
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2003-07-16, 2:13 PM #3
I love how the rendering engine makes everything a mess.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2003-07-16, 2:44 PM #4
It's better than IE.

------------------
[12:42] Spork: I wish I knew, coned sucked. owned owns coned and pwned.

A lack of muscle can be made up for with suprise and a baseball bat. I'm not advocating anything, but...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-07-16, 2:47 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Emon:
I love how the rendering engine makes everything a mess.

</font>

i ran into a little bit of mess but it has so far only been on ONE site which aint too bad, with IE i run into mess all the time plus this thing is so **** FAST its sweet [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] i now only have one browser open and a nice little tab bar then if i need to i can open up another browser, etc its sweet [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] i'm going to use this thing for when i finally get my new computer up and running i'm going to download the opera and few other like mozia and see which one i like the most then stick with that one

one sweet feature is the auto redirect it only takes it seconds to go from me posting to the actual post on the forum.

one thing i haven't figured out yet, how do i get rid of AD's is there some sort of plugin for that.

------------------
Memory believes before knowing remembers. Believes longer than recollects. Longer than knowing even wonders.

Council of 13

[This message has been edited by GrndAdmThrawn (edited July 16, 2003).]
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2003-07-16, 2:47 PM #6
Mouse gestures rule.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-07-16, 3:05 PM #7
Ah, yes.

Use Opera over IE.
Use Miranda over AIM/ICQ/MSN/Trillian.
Use M2 over OE.

The new soft[ware] revolution.

</random>

------------------
Sigs are for n00bs.

[1337 FRNDS_Pommy | 3.14 of 14 | ยป And-GTx2]
一个大西瓜
2003-07-16, 4:00 PM #8
I've actually run into more rendering issues with IE then Opera. For example IE doesn't appear to properly parse some css tags, like um margins.. which is really bizarre.

Take for instance one of the most stylistically beautiful sites on the internet: http://kalimonster.com/
Looks gorgeous in Opera, looks like hammered hell in IE.

------------------
My Cup of Tea
Capite Terram
"Its easy for you to think you know what you are talking about Dor, cause you dont know, so you dont know wether it is right or wrong." -Ubuu-
"If I had known it was harmless, I would have killed it myself.." -A Scanner Darkly [Philip K Dick]-
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2003-07-16, 4:04 PM #9
Mozilla Firebird is too fast for your sorry little high-pitched screaming program.

I shall stand next to Firebird until the day it becomes ad-filled!

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-07-16, 4:24 PM #10
M2 sucks. You cant get rid of the **** Preview Pane.

------------------
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2003-07-16, 4:34 PM #11
What's OE and M2?

And for the adds, it's easy. Go to File --> Quick Preferences --> Open Requested Pop Up's only.

And while you're there, make sure you identify yourself as MSIE6.0

------------------

A lack of muscle can be made up for with suprise and a baseball bat. I'm not advocating anything, but...
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-07-16, 4:35 PM #12
OE=Outlook Express
M2=??

------------------
Death is just a friend you haven't met.

Ex-Council of 14

June 16 - A night that will live in infamy.
2003-07-16, 4:42 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GrndAdmThrawn:

one thing i haven't figured out yet, how do i get rid of AD's is there some sort of plugin for that.
</font>

Do you mean the banner ad at the top? You have to *cough cough* pay *cough cough cough* for them to go away.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-07-16, 4:44 PM #14
I sure hope GBK doesnt see this :\

------------------

Restless 2

Sanctum de la Mort
2003-07-16, 4:48 PM #15
I don't really mind the banner add... I mean, what else would go there? It's wasted space anyway.

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-07-16, 4:52 PM #16
Oddly enough I dont use the mouse stuff, I perfer hitting the Z button.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2003-07-16, 8:46 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Do you mean the banner ad at the top? You have to *cough cough* pay *cough cough cough* for them to go away.

</font>

ehh, i don't mind it that much, what i mean is like those AD on top of most website theyre annonying when i was using IE i had AD-shield and i would right click on any ad and bam it would go bye bye

would the same thing work for opera?

and oh yeah btw i'm also downloading mozilla and firebird to check em out, i'm just checking out browsers to see which one i like the most for when my system is finally together and booting up into gentoo linux

this thread was edited by mozilla, and its okay but it seems too much like IE, but then again i would guess most browser would be IEish

this thread was onice again edited by mozilla firebird and yeah the firebird is a bit faster

i guess i will be sticking with opera for a while i'm liking it

------------------

Council of 13

[This message has been edited by GrndAdmThrawn (edited July 17, 2003).]
2003-07-16, 9:41 PM #18
What, you thought posting from Opera would be different somehow?

------------------
Brutally honest since 1998
2003-07-16, 10:19 PM #19
nah, its not, but i just like the whole thing with tabs its nice for a change, i usualy still have 2-3 copy of opera open and each has 5-30 tabs each so... it REALLY cleans up my clutter on the screen so that's one reason why i'm liking opera so much.

yeah i multitask a lots heh i usualy got about 30-40 internet windows open then few other programs window open and oh man i got to tell u that it makes my poor littl 1ghz chugg

------------------

Council of 13
2003-07-17, 5:42 AM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
I don't really mind the banner add... I mean, what else would go there? It's wasted space anyway.
</font>

I didnt even notice it after a little while either, but without the banner ad that whole bar is a little bit narrower and hence you get marginally more browsing space [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-07-17, 6:27 AM #21
And you support the opera team, but who cares?

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2003-07-17, 10:46 AM #22
I'm using Mozilla 1.4 as of current. I use that or Firebird.

------------------
0-7338-6628-6
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2003-07-17, 4:24 PM #23
Spork- That's what F11 is for. (full screen)

And besides... you have a wheel on your mouse.. use it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] OMG! 1/5 of an inch more viewing space!! Wrar!

------------------

[This message has been edited by happydud (edited July 17, 2003).]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-07-17, 5:21 PM #24
Yeah but in fullscreen you cant see anything else! And anyways, it's more like... 1/4 of an inch [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-07-17, 5:32 PM #25
Broswer: Mozilla Firebird
Email Client: Thunderbird
Chat Client: Trillian PRO. Trillian Pro>>>>Trillian.

------------------
Official Staff of Massassi Temple:
-Chat Op
-Level Poster
-Forum Admin
-Level Comments Admin
-EC Admin

Moral to the Story: Don't Mess
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2003-07-18, 5:52 AM #26
So all you opera people use the version with ad-banner and do not intend to support the developers?

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2003-07-18, 8:27 AM #27
1. Opera's rendering engine blows, it is worse than IE's and worse than Gecko (Mozilla, et al).

2. It's not free. IE and Mozilla or Mozilla based browsers are free.

------------------
2003-07-18, 8:48 AM #28
AOL is far superior to a piece of s***. Only in the way that you can browse the internet with it... otherwise, they're the same.
DO NOT WANT.
2003-07-18, 8:53 AM #29
Pffft, that's nothing special, I would have posted from the Opera if only I could find an ethernet jack for my laptop somewhere around there.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-05-14, 3:32 AM #30
bump

------------------
This space intentionally left blank.
This space intentionally left blank.
2004-05-14, 3:40 AM #31
Ringbearer, you're a waste of carbon.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-14, 3:42 AM #32
In befo da lock.

Numpty.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

↑ Up to the top!