Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Student Council for sure this time
Student Council for sure this time
2003-12-17, 6:39 PM #1
Okay tomorrow (for sure) is the big day where I say my speech. Thanks to Janitor Bob, here's what I'm gonna say as my presidential VOTE FOR ME speech. Thank you Janitor Bob, wherever you are...

When I first began to write this speech, I had NO idea where to start. So I did what I always do when I need vision, when I need purpose, when I need direction. I turned on Cotton Eyed Joe. And as that mesmerizing melody flowed through my mind, that beautiful beat opened my eyes to the questions philosophers have been asking for ages. Questions that need answering.

*Build up to yelling* Where did we come from? Were do we go! Where did we COME FROM! Cotton Eye JOE!

Then it hit me! We come from a dark and dilapidated dungeon. We come from a place of separation, a place that lacks ideas, that lacks vision, that lacks… spirit. And no, I’m not talking about just yelling, "We've got spirit yes we do” at the command of a wave of a few pom-poms, I’m talking about real spirit. Not phony, not simulated but true pride in our school. True belief that our school is the coolest school ever. If you don’t believe that then I ask “why not”. It is not the teachers, not the programs, not the building but rather you the students who make the school.

As I stand here, looking out at the faces of the future, the faces of tomorrow, I see a crowd of Contenders. I see malice, I see judgement, I see london, I see france, I see a school that needs to be given a chance.

Is that all we want to be? Contenders? We need to take a chance to be more than that. I feel that we need to do more things together as a school. I want to eliminate that massive gap that separates each and every classes. I love this school when the class boundaries are broken during 1st period, when both high school and middle school are able to come together in one class. I want to carry that further. I will try to organize events to bring our school together as one school. I don’t want us to call each other 9th graders, or 7th graders, or 10th graders, but rather *build up to yelling* (Name of High School and Mascot)

I truly believe that everyone in this room is important. I feel it is important to take care of the all important matters that would be presented to me. I will work hard at any task I am given, at any job I am assigned. I am fully willing to do whatever I am able to do to make our school the not a good school, not a great school, but the BEST school ever. EVER! I want to put the cool in the word school, but right now there’s an H in the middle and that H stands for Hell.

Thank you,
And as Thomas Jefferson once said, “Vote for Axis, for Student Council President”

This is kinda just to build up suspense. Tomorrow afternoon I'll announce if I won or not. I'm running against an Indian kid who for some reason has gained a lot of suport and a 5th grader that has the support of the ENTIRE elementry part of the school. My odds are low, but by God, I'll win!

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2003-12-17, 6:59 PM #2
I'm right here. And Good luck. Might want to throw in a subtle Lord of the Rings Reference in there. Like something from Sam's speech. "That there's some good in this school... and it's worth FIGHTING for"

I don't know.

Tell me if you've won, and I'll give you advice from a Fellow President.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"

[This message has been edited by Janitor Bob (edited December 17, 2003).]
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2003-12-17, 7:28 PM #3
Good luck

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-18, 2:40 AM #4
luck to you Axis

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-18, 2:59 AM #5
Hopefully I can get a bunch of fanatical 6th graders that support me to all sit in one area, then at the end of the speech I'll screem "I'm a contender YES I AM! I'm A CONTENDER HOW ABOUT YOU!" *points to fanatical fans of ME* and then they can screem "We're contenders...etc" and point to some other group of people. Thats usually how my school (k4-10th, population 170) gets assemblies and stuff going except they say 'we've got spirit how bout you' so I'll try to throw in my own new cheer. Hope it works, I need all the help I can get... *adds Sam's speech into his presidential speech*

------------------
"The Oracle told me I would die with my boots on. I've worn tennis shoes ever since." - Axis
2003-12-18, 3:48 AM #6
That one could backfire in sooo many ways. Imagine if you will, when you do that chant, the amount of crickets you will here when no one says it back to you? I would feel like an arse.

------------------
Prowling out of the tundra, swinging a jeweled meat hammer, cometh Outlaw Torn! And he gives a gutteral bellow:

"I'm seriously going to hump you until you scream like a banshee!"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2003-12-18, 4:13 AM #7
*WARNING WARNING!*

Expecting Audience Participation is near certain death. If you must try to do audience participation, always have a backup plan.

Plan for every contigency, including vomiting: "That's what I think of the opposition!" (kidding)

------------------

"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2003-12-18, 5:54 AM #8
Sounds nice axis, I hope you win, and I hope that chick likes succsess. I am sorry about that pres. post on her website. I didn't think about exposing you, I'm sorry. Also It would rock to qoute LOTR, and use Shire music. Say something like what gandalf said, something like this."God put us on this planet for a reason, to make something of our selves. When I see older kids being evil to younger students, it makes me sad, it should make us all sad, it is not our place deal out judgment, what we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"

I know, I suck at speaches [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited December 18, 2003).]
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-18, 10:14 AM #9
Ladies and gentlemen. I kicked BUTT!! The other kids all went up all nervous said there two or three sentence speeches, and sat back down. I got my freind (who is the history teacher/sound booth guy) to help me select music that'd go well with my speech, so when I said it, I went up, it played a very heroic tune, and I began. It went PERFECT. When I got done, everyone in the highschool/junior high stood to there feet and clapped. It was beautiful. I even made a couple of people cry.... (or so they told me). I didn't do my little cheer crap, but it's best I didn't. Hmm, oh yeah I won. The Indian kid I ran against is Vice pres, and the 4th grader that wanted to be president got nothing. I find that comical because she gave everyone in the school a free peice of candy (good candy to). Hrmm. I won yay! And I actually went up to the girl mentioned in my previous thread and was just like "Hmm, so I'm president.." and actually talked to her for a couple of minutes. She was like "Wow, your face is red." heheh, now I KNOW it's not just me... Very cool... I R WIN! HEIL ZIG FOR GREAT JUSTICE! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2003-12-18, 10:17 AM #10
Nice job man. You PWN [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-18, 5:32 PM #11
Good Show man. Good show. And you had music. Beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful.

Your wisdom showed through with the cheer, and as a result, you got a conversation piece.

Now the real battle begins.

Remember, while you, as President you cannot technically get anything changed merely by the power of your will.

But what you can do is represent. You can fight for students rights, and let them know you are fighting for them. Make the Administration your allies without compromising your beliefs or your promises.

Also, for goodness sakes, make your school fun. Make it funny. And now that your President, everybody is your friend. There are no people above you, but also, no people below you.

Well, the future of your school awaits. Make it one worth remembering

------------------

[This message has been edited by Janitor Bob (edited December 18, 2003).]

↑ Up to the top!