Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Damn Zombies!
Damn Zombies!
2004-05-14, 4:25 PM #1
I'm playing RCTW for the first time afte swiping it off of the bargain rack today for $13, and i'm in the first crypt level.

The game has been great up until now, but recently, the game has been freezing every time I set my targeting crosshairs on a zombie for too long. It's annoying as hell b/c the only way i can get out of this freeze is by turning the power off.

I know that it's probably my P.O.S. video chipset, but this is the Q3 engine and i shouldn't need a good card for that. JO runs great and without problems, and it's more or less the same engine, so i don't know what's wrong.

BTw, I'm using Lightmapping mode and 640x480 resolution. I would hate to use vertex lighting b/c it just looks so crappy.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-14, 4:29 PM #2
So buy a Radeon 9800 already [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-14, 4:33 PM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
So buy a Radeon 9800 already [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

</font>

Radeons cost money... which i don't have that much of.

i only bought RTCW b/c it was the last one on the rack for that price.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-14, 4:41 PM #4
Radeon's cost alot of money. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
2004-05-14, 5:44 PM #5
Yea, Pagewizard doesn't even have enough money to move out of his parents' house...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-05-14, 6:34 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Yea, Pagewizard doesn't even have enough money to move out of his parents' house...</font>

I bet you wouldn't have the courage to say that to my face in person, even if it was true. Insulting me from far away via a message board out of my immediate reach does nothing to make you look like a big man, now does it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 14, 2004).]
2004-05-14, 6:48 PM #7
Does it only freeze for the zombies?

That is kind of weird...

Anyways, the only thing I can think of is saving, then useing a cheat to skip past the zombie lvl(s),theres not to many of them.

Only a small part of the game has zombies in it, if I remeber right...

and thats a good thing,even though I like all things zombie related (storys,moives,games,ect)

Those guys were just annoying..

[This message has been edited by Grim Zombie (edited May 14, 2004).]
2004-05-14, 7:02 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I bet you wouldn't have the courage to say that to my face in person, even if it was true. Insulting me from far away via a message board out of my immediate reach does nothing to make you look like a big man, now does it?

</font>

No, but threatening people over the internet sure does!
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-05-14, 7:07 PM #9
RtCW? Pfft, real men play the original.

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-14, 7:11 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:

</font>

joke - n.
A mischievous trick; a prank.

[This message has been edited by Chris (edited May 14, 2004).]
2004-05-14, 7:22 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grim Zombie:

Only a small part of the game has zombies in it, if I remeber right...
</font>

Ya, like the last boss battle!

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-05-14, 8:03 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sine Nomen:
No, but threatening people over the internet sure does!</font>

pfft, I was only going to break his thumbs....

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-05-15, 10:10 AM #13
Note: you don't scare anyone.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-05-15, 10:31 AM #14
His lack of humor scares me.
2004-05-15, 10:47 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Brian:
Note: you don't scare anyone.

</font>

joke - n.
A mischievous trick; a prank.

------------------
2004-05-15, 10:54 AM #16
-50 points for Pagewizard!

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-05-15, 1:27 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
RtCW? Pfft, real men play the original.

</font>

Mine came with the original.

------------------
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-05-15, 1:35 PM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I bet you wouldn't have the courage to say that to my face in person, even if it was true. Insulting me from far away via a message board out of my immediate reach does nothing to make you look like a big man, now does it?</font>

No, but it sure put you into a tizzy. I can't imagine why anyone would get so worked up over a stupid message. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-05-15, 1:51 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
Quote:
No, but it sure put you into a tizzy. I can't imagine why anyone would get so worked up over a stupid message. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]
</font>

I was in a bad mood yesterday b/c my game kept crashing.

I switched back to vertex lighting and turned off dynamic lighting, and that seemed to help a little bit. I got throgh the second crypt level and the church level without problems and now I'm on the first level where you have to sneak around.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 15, 2004).]

↑ Up to the top!