Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Compulsive liers, or just plain stupid?
Compulsive liers, or just plain stupid?
2004-05-14, 6:06 PM #1
So once again a friend of mine is *****ing to me about how he doesn't have a girlfriend, how Uni is too much for him, how he hates everyone, etc, etc...
Last week he said he was going to become a monk and give up woman. The week before it was online dating. The week before that he was going to use his psychic abilities to aquire a female better half for himself. Whatever.
This week is something new all together - he wants to go to prison. He's somehow got the idea that people in prison live better than he does, and even better than I do. He thinks that if he goes to prison, he'll get his own little room that he'll never have to leave, and he'll just stay there and surf the net. Yeah, because clearly all people in prison have their own computers with them, and internet access built in to the rooms. But lets not forget the 3 course meals and cable TV. I must have missed the memo when they decided to start rewarding criminals with a high quality of living.
But strangely enough, this is not the only stupid person I know. There's Bubbles, who has told some quite amazing tales of his $2000p/hr job, his super model girlfriend, 200x CD-ROM, and the "fact" that he's played every game ever made in the history of video games. And from a little test we did, he appears to have even played games that don't even exist. Apparently "Grandma Monkey's Banana Revenge 3" wasn't as good as the second one.
And then there's the idiot who knocked his girlfriend up when he was 17, who of all the people I know is probably the most full of ****. If he tries to tell me another of his bull**** stories of how he had sex with a TV actress (world famous, no less) I am going to kill him. And I'll just mention he has a list (as in, written in a book) of people he's seen naked. He thinks he's awesome because he's seen Shannon Elizabeth with her top off. Yeah, and so did the other thousands of people that saw American Pie.

What the hell is wrong with these people? I suppose my friend that thinks prison is a government paid holiday could just be really gullible, or thinks I'm really gullible (although I'm more inclined to think that he's just a complete idiot) and Bubbles... well, that kid just has issues. And don't get me started on the moron with the naked list. How a guy as downright ugly as him can be convince he's God's gift to woman is really quite pathetic. And pretty damn distrubing, too.

Are people really so insecure with what other people think of them that they somehow manage to miss the fact that the stories they fabricate are so ridiculous and unbeleivable that all they're doing is making a bad image for themselves? Here's a tip, shut the **** up and stop talking to me. Go see a therapist or something. At least they'll get paid to listen to your ****.

[/rant]

------------------
«»The Scratchware Manifesto
thoughts from beyond observance
2004-05-14, 6:10 PM #2
Wow. I hate to say this, but I think it's time to find new friends.

------------------
"I sound like angry chickens, or maybe a space robot."
-Les Claypool of Primus
2004-05-14, 6:15 PM #3
That was a hell of a rant, dude.

Yeah, I say ditch the loosers. Find some friends that dont act like idiots.

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
:wq
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-05-14, 6:19 PM #4
Well I havn't seen Bubbles since I finished school, and the wannabe man-whore isn't really a friend. I've stopped answering his phone calls, mainly becuase I've had enough of hearing him use the 'c' word all time. He was okay when I first met him about.. 5 years ago.

And the guy that wants to go to prison seemed to have quit his bovine scatology when he got to Uni, but today seems like he's getting back into the habbit, and I just want to mash his face in with a brick.

------------------
2004-05-14, 6:23 PM #5
That's an odd crowd you've got there

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-14, 6:24 PM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:

This week is something new all together - he wants to go to prison. He's somehow got the idea that people in prison live better than he does, and even better than I do. He thinks that if he goes to prison, he'll get his own little room that he'll never have to leave, and he'll just stay there and surf the net. Yeah, because clearly all people in prison have their own computers with them, and internet access built in to the rooms. But lets not forget the 3 course meals and cable TV. I must have missed the memo when they decided to start rewarding criminals with a high quality of living.

</font>

I have one word for you.

Canada.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-05-14, 7:01 PM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Avenger:
That's an odd crowd you've got there</font>

You have no idea. -.-

------------------
2004-05-14, 7:13 PM #8
Damn straight! Grandma Monkey's Banana Revenge 3 sucked! 2 was soooo much better... I mean you have 5 different types of bananas... you had normal banana, anti arthritis banana, anti age banana, quad damage banana and the best of all the swiss army banana.. man that thing's awesome!

*looks around, runs*

------------------
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)

B'tduz: A popular dwarfish game which consists of standing a few feet apart and throwing large rocks at one another's head.

"Yes, it's a bloody flying alligator setting fire to my city!" - His Grace His Excellency the Duke of Ankh, Commander Sir Samuel Vimes.

Morituri Nolumus Mori
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-05-14, 7:38 PM #9
Hehe, Bubbles.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-14, 7:53 PM #10
That is the greatest rant thread ever. I mean it has everything, a psychic convict monk wannabe, a Pagewizard clone, a guy named "Bubbles" (gold in itself) all served up in Jin's unique brand of dry acerbic wit.
2004-05-14, 8:02 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Run:
a Pagewizard clone

</font>

not hardly. From what I read, this wanna-be guy has nothing on me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited May 14, 2004).]
2004-05-15, 3:12 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
I have one word for you.

Canada.

</font>

no, Minnesota, best place to run away from your friends

------------------
Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
|\|\|\|\|\|
<kak> WHY DO THESE RETARDS CONTINUALLY TRY LINUX?
<kak> IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-05-15, 3:18 AM #13
Do you somehow attract people like that?

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-05-15, 3:20 AM #14
Thanks for reminding me of why I'll never go to Australia.
2004-05-15, 9:49 AM #15
I'm slightly confused. Do you think that game isn't real or something? I never played Grandma Monkey's Revenge 2, but the 3rd one was one of my favorites back in the day. It's a great old-school sort of game.
[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/233/3.jpg]

I know someone like you said, that makes up all sorts of lies and makes up stories and crap but really it just shows how insecure she is... It's really annoying and I hate it.

------------------
www.tednation.tk

[This message has been edited by Axis (edited May 15, 2004).]
2004-05-15, 10:01 AM #16
I thought maybe that you were through complaining about stuff noone cares about.

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-05-15, 2:20 PM #17
Oh Tracer, you never fail to put a smile on my face.

So Joe comes around last night. Unannounced, of course. But he doesn't come straight to the door, oh no, he goes around to all the windows first and bangs on them. Yeah, real mature. And this is the guy that wants to join the special forces.
He shows up almost every Friday night. Why? God only knows. We have next to nothing in common. I thought he would have figured that out by now, after the whole 4 years of knowing each other. All it ever is when he comes over is stories from school that I don't care about, stories from what he did at the pub the other night that I don't care about, then he starts with the military talk, which surpisingly enough, I don't care about. The conversation gets so boring he starts telling me how to clean my oven! WHICH I DON'T CARE ABOUT. He was like, "Oh it might look clean, but the fat gets stuck on this and starts to clog up the vent." (He was talking about the grate on the fan vent thing.)
The thing is, I never use my oven. There's been no fat that could get stuck on it. If it was any cleaner, you'd be stripping away the metal.
And, like always, he starts asking if he can borrow stuff off me, after he starts picking out what he wants to borrow.. -.-
Last time he came over he asked if he just look something up quickly on Google. I say sure. I come back a few mins later to see how he was going, AND HE WAS ON YAHOO CHAT. What was he doing? He'd plugged my headphones in to use as a microphone, and was shouting abuse and racial slurs at everyone and anyone. GAH! And then he starts trying to convince me of how fun it was! Last time I ever let him on my computer.
And he always wants a drink or something to eat. Always. It's almost the first thing he says. Usually after he's taken the glass out of the cupboard or begun rummaging through my pantry. It's not that big of a deal, but it just annoys me that he seems to just come around here to whore my possesions. He always says he's going to lend me a game when he takes one of mine, but of the many that I've leant him, he's only leant me one in return, which was Vietcong. And that game ****ing sucked.

Which reminds me of this other idiot - Mark. Damn that guy was an idiot. As soon as he found out my address he just starting showing up unannounced, too. Even brought "friends" around once. Poor kid, he should realize by now that he has no friends. I remember just after I bought GTA:VC, he shows up over here, see's that I've bought it, and then goes "Okay, I'll have a copy of that." WTF? Not even a please or a proposed trade of games. No, he just suddenly demands to have a copy of a brand new $90 game I bought with my own money. Hows this, BUY YOUR OWN KAKDAMN GAME.
He invited me and a whole bunch of other people to a party he was throwing. Told everyone there'd be lots of people, music, drinks, etc.
We went for the free drinks of course, and what did we find?
The "lots of people" were his family. As in, his mom, his dad, his retarded brother, and a cousin or two. The "free drinks" were not free. In fact, they were non-existent. We stayed for the roast chicken dinner and then said we were going down to the bottle shop to pick up something to drink. We never returned.
I suppose that might have been a touch cruel, but it would have been more cruel to stay there any longer. Cruel to me, that is.

I think I must attract these sorts of people. Like there's a sign above my head that says "INSECURE SOCIAL REJECTS SIGN UP HERE." Except for Joe. He's not insecure or a social reject. He's just ****ing annoying.

------------------
2004-05-15, 2:23 PM #18
Time for a little sit-down chat with a huge serving of the blunt truth, Tell him that he isn't your friend and that he annoys the hell out of you and to go away.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-15, 3:06 PM #19
I thought this thread was going to be about politicians [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-05-15, 4:33 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jin:
Oh Tracer, you never fail to put a smile on my face.

So Joe comes around last night. Unannounced, of course. But he doesn't come straight to the door, oh no, he goes around to all the windows first and bangs on them. Yeah, real mature. And this is the guy that wants to join the special forces.
He shows up almost every Friday night. Why? God only knows. We have next to nothing in common. I thought he would have figured that out by now, after the whole 4 years of knowing each other. All it ever is when he comes over is stories from school that I don't care about, stories from what he did at the pub the other night that I don't care about, then he starts with the military talk, which surpisingly enough, I don't care about. The conversation gets so boring he starts telling me how to clean my oven! WHICH I DON'T CARE ABOUT. He was like, "Oh it might look clean, but the fat gets stuck on this and starts to clog up the vent." (He was talking about the grate on the fan vent thing.)
The thing is, I never use my oven. There's been no fat that could get stuck on it. If it was any cleaner, you'd be stripping away the metal.
And, like always, he starts asking if he can borrow stuff off me, after he starts picking out what he wants to borrow.. -.-
Last time he came over he asked if he just look something up quickly on Google. I say sure. I come back a few mins later to see how he was going, AND HE WAS ON YAHOO CHAT. What was he doing? He'd plugged my headphones in to use as a microphone, and was shouting abuse and racial slurs at everyone and anyone. GAH! And then he starts trying to convince me of how fun it was! Last time I ever let him on my computer.
And he always wants a drink or something to eat. Always. It's almost the first thing he says. Usually after he's taken the glass out of the cupboard or begun rummaging through my pantry. It's not that big of a deal, but it just annoys me that he seems to just come around here to whore my possesions. He always says he's going to lend me a game when he takes one of mine, but of the many that I've leant him, he's only leant me one in return, which was Vietcong. And that game ****ing sucked.

Which reminds me of this other idiot - Mark. Damn that guy was an idiot. As soon as he found out my address he just starting showing up unannounced, too. Even brought "friends" around once. Poor kid, he should realize by now that he has no friends. I remember just after I bought GTA:VC, he shows up over here, see's that I've bought it, and then goes "Okay, I'll have a copy of that." WTF? Not even a please or a proposed trade of games. No, he just suddenly demands to have a copy of a brand new $90 game I bought with my own money. Hows this, BUY YOUR OWN KAKDAMN GAME.
He invited me and a whole bunch of other people to a party he was throwing. Told everyone there'd be lots of people, music, drinks, etc.
We went for the free drinks of course, and what did we find?
The "lots of people" were his family. As in, his mom, his dad, his retarded brother, and a cousin or two. The "free drinks" were not free. In fact, they were non-existent. We stayed for the roast chicken dinner and then said we were going down to the bottle shop to pick up something to drink. We never returned.
I suppose that might have been a touch cruel, but it would have been more cruel to stay there any longer. Cruel to me, that is.

I think I must attract these sorts of people. Like there's a sign above my head that says "INSECURE SOCIAL REJECTS SIGN UP HERE." Except for Joe. He's not insecure or a social reject. He's just ****ing annoying.

</font>

what a little ***** this guy seems to be....

Edit: Read the rules.

[This message has been edited by BuuBox (edited May 15, 2004).]
2004-05-15, 6:01 PM #21
Sounds to me like you're one of those kids who can't say no.

Just tell him to go **** himself and I bet he won't bother you anymore.

------------------
My Life.
2004-05-15, 6:41 PM #22
On the issue of the liars: If they try that BS with you again, tell them exactly that, "Bull****". Tell them you know what they are saying is complete **** and not even a sheltered 2nd grader would believe them.

On the issue of the clingy losers: While I feel sorry for you Jin, I also want to punch you at the same time. You are allowing these people to take advantage of your passive and giving nature. Be a man and tell them you don't want them around anymore. "Get the hell out of here" seems to work well. Otherwise stop complaining because you deserve it if you don't have the balls to stand up for yourself.

Hey Buu, how about that word get auto-censored then?

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited May 15, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-15, 11:35 PM #23
Believe me, my friends and I let them know that we think they're full of ****. They just doesn't seem to get it. Another friend of mine, Nick, used to lie out of his *** all the time. Every time he said something, no matter what it was, he would get an instant reply of "Shut the **** up, Nick" until he eventually just stopped lying compeletly. However this tactic has not worked with neither Bubbles or the Pagewizard-wannabe. Bubbles just says "Nah, nah, for real!" untill your ears begin to bleed, and the other idiot just says "Fine, I'll prove it to you." which is accompanied by him instantly changing the subject and/or pretending like the conversation never took place.

And I can't just tell them all to **** off. They are okay people, or else I wouldn't still be friends with any of them (well, I'm not friends with the Pagewizard-wannabe, he just seems to think I'm still his friend. And I'm quite sure Mark knows I want him dead, too). But they all have these little features to their personalities that just make me want to take to them with a chainsaw. Admittedly, I am pretty intolerable of just about everything. Joe came around before to use my computer like he asked, and I made it quite clear of what he was allowed to do and what not, and I'm pretty sure he got the picture. He just did what he needed to do, and then left. Which is just what I wanted him to do. Still kind of pisses me off that he just shows up when I'm right in the middle of washing my dishes. Ugh, pick up a ****ing phone and call to tell me that you're coming over. Idiot.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!