Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Creating offshoot menus in the Start Menu for certain folders...
Creating offshoot menus in the Start Menu for certain folders...
2004-05-16, 8:41 AM #1
I know there's a way of doing it for things like My Pictures and My Computer (and there are certain codes for getting things like Printers) but is there any way of getting say, My Downloads as a shootoff folder instead of just a shortcut?

------------------
We are all dying to live, yet living to die...
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2004-05-16, 8:43 AM #2
Can you tell me how to make an offshoot folder for My Documents? 'Cause i used to have it set up like that but now it's not, for some reason, and i can't figure out how to make it work.

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story²[/i]
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-16, 11:49 AM #3
There's a registry edit for it - I've seen it somewhere, but I don't know where - I've got some XP mags kicking around my room - I'll have a quick skeggy and get back in ten mins or so: it might be in one I've got here. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[EDIT:]

Gah. It's not in the ones I've got here at Uni, it must be at home - I tried a quick Google but all I got was people trying to get folders onto the menu - that's the easy bit! Getting them to expland on hover is the hard bit... sorry mate!

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

[This message has been edited by Martyn (edited May 16, 2004).]
2004-05-16, 12:09 PM #4
Oh, and Noble, go into your start menu properties, and tell the My Documents folder to be As Menu, rather than As Link. Problem sorted (hopefully)

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

↑ Up to the top!