Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Someone please explain this to me... and I ask a small favor
Someone please explain this to me... and I ask a small favor
2004-05-16, 3:12 AM #1
Plenty of stuff for you to complain about, I know, but this little story will confuse you to no end.
Last night, my mom was going on about how, today, we had to go to church at 9:30 because my brothers both had birthday parties to go to and I had an end-of-year confirmation class party to go to (if I wanted, which, obviously, I didn't). Then, I wake up at 7:05, and I'm like "crap! gonna be late for school" (when I start driving myself to school, we won't have this problem of arriving 2 minutes before the bell half the time and getting tardies every other time, but that's a different story).
Then, after leaping out of bed to get dressed for school (on a Sunday morning), I realized that there was no school, and I still had 2 hours before I had to leave for church, so I ate breakfast and logged onto massassi.
Just now (about 8:45), my mom comes into the room (in a bad mood) and snaps at me "Ok, I don't want to hear any complaining." And I said "If it's that I need to get ready for church I know". She says "Don't give me an attitude! Stop being a snot!" (which I wasn't being, btw). Then she was like "you don't want to go to your EOY Confirmation party, fine! You can go to church at 11:30".
Now I'm utterly confused, because "what about my brothers' birthday parties?"

Sorry. I am just confused and I need to let off a little steam.

---------------------------------

Also, (instead of posting another topic) my grandfather is dying of cancer (it started around December sometime; the cancer originated in his bladder; they took the bladder out to deal with it, but something went wrong afterward and it got all in his back, and now it's spread elsewhere). Now, (months later) he's not expected to live more than a week or two. Please keep him in your prayers (or your alternative of choice) and also his family (especially my father, who feels very guilty about it and tries to avoid eveyone, even my mother -- he is cranky about the whole thing and will sometimes get very angry at small things due to this situation combined with stress from his job). Thx.

------------------
for(i = 0; i < 00; i = i + 1) Print("massassi is good (:");
PrintInt(i); //print the integer value of infinity
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-05-16, 5:26 AM #2
My advice: Kick back and don't worry about it.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-16, 5:34 AM #3
I can't understand what you wrote.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-05-16, 5:37 AM #4
I'm sorry, Slaw, about your Grandfather that is! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

As for the other thing, whoah, that kind of lost me too. We didn't go to church this morning, 'cuz pretty much my entire fmaily isn't feeling too great, and we've been going crazy this weekend in terms of hleping out at church/neighborhood events.

On topic, I was confirmed back in 2002 when I was 13. I'm Episcopalian. What denomination are you?

------------------
~ Vader's Corner ~
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-05-16, 5:47 AM #5
i set my alarm clocks this moring, but i dident feel like going to church, i was up for 18 hours yesterday (not my usual). so i dident go, and now i'm chilling at massassi.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-05-16, 5:53 AM #6
i suggest some rewiring of your mother's brain... something is messed up

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-16, 5:54 AM #7
So your mother was in a bad mood, you said it yourself. Dont take it personally.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-16, 11:12 AM #8
I'm not offended by it or anything; it was just completely random and almost "scared" me.

Good Vincent, that's exactly what I intended [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif].

Fortunately, the whole thing seems to have blown over. And as it turns out, we didn't go to church at all, with my 2 yr old brother being sick (too sick for the nursery, which was, for once, the plan).

Also, Daft, I'm Catholic (my dad's family was originally Episcopalian, but they converted)

------------------
for(i = 0; i < 00; i = i + 1) Print("massassi is good (:");
2004-05-16, 12:53 PM #9
wait, you had a Confermation party BEFORE church? or do you just have church every few hours on sunday?

------------------
Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
|\|\|\|\|\|
<kak> WHY DO THESE RETARDS CONTINUALLY TRY LINUX?
<kak> IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-05-16, 6:47 PM #10
My church's mass schedule:
Saturday:
-5:00 or 5:30 (dunno which)
Sunday:
-7:30
-9:30 (aka Youth Mass)
-11:30
-Sometime in the afternoon is a Spanish mass

The party would've been just after 9:30 mass.

------------------
for(i = 0; i < 00; i = i + 1) Print("massassi is good");
2004-05-17, 1:51 AM #11
Whats up with confirmation, anyways?

------------------
Signature.

*so original*
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-05-17, 2:34 AM #12
Confirmation was kinda useless and useful for a careless mustard like me.

Useful = all the gifts and money I got
Useless = everything else

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!