Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MGS 3 trailer, it is Big Boss.....
MGS 3 trailer, it is Big Boss.....
2004-05-15, 3:53 AM #1
http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mgs3_e3_2k4.html

The best trailer for E3 so far (wish I could get one that is of better qualityt though), I'm hyped up for the game just like MGS2. You get to see Ocelot in the trailer and...well let's just say, remember how the President "greeted" Raiden in MGS2?

[url="http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mgacid_e3_2k4.html[/url]"]http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mgacid_e3_2k4.html[/url][/url] the trailer for the other new MGS game.

[This message has been edited by Cloud (edited May 17, 2004).]
2004-05-15, 4:14 AM #2
Technology is great isn't it? That looks really awesome.

------------------
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right." -Isaac Asimov
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-05-15, 4:48 AM #3
I am enjoyin the 640x480 323MB E3 Trailer high quality...

Thank you IGN Insider.

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-05-15, 5:51 AM #4
Dont you have to pay for IGN insider?

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-05-15, 6:20 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:

</font>

Yes.

------------------
Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
2004-05-15, 6:45 AM #6
The ending, that was funny.

I wonder if we'll get to see young raiden in his children's unit?

The electric guy, he simply looks badass.

The translation was... bad. "This is a sneaking mission."

WTF WERE THOSE FLOATING THINGS BEFORE THE HELECOPTER!? DUMB!

JediKirby

------------------
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-15, 6:57 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:

</font>

yes unfortunatly... I'm battling myself weither its worth it or not.
2004-05-15, 8:11 AM #8
they are still showing the same stuff they were showing last year? or are they actually showing something new?

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-15, 8:32 AM #9
I still need to play MGS2 for the PC, I'm having trouble finding a copy for a reasonable price.
GOOGLE FIND THESE SITES PLEASE KTHXBYE
http://www.stevebcartoons.com
http://www.kingcola.com
2004-05-15, 8:36 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
they are still showing the same stuff they were showing last year? or are they actually showing something new?

</font>

Yes they are showing new footages. The whole trailer is new, it shows more of the story. I hope Kojima will reconsider remaking Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the PS2 or something after this game is released.
2004-05-15, 6:48 PM #11
That looks awesome. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I can't wait. I know it takes place before all the other Metal Gear games since you are Big Boss, but I wonder if they take the story from MGS2 and show how it ties in.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-05-16, 5:49 AM #12
Pretty cool... Shame it gave away so much of the story, though.

And is that Sniper Wolf I see?

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-16, 7:04 AM #13
Yup. That's Sniper Wolf, Goruckivich, Ocelot, and a Raiden look-alike. Methinks the electric guy might have links to Mantis, but I personally think that'd suck nuts. And I'm sure more people from Foxhound will pop up, since the name of the squad they mentioned was "Fox."

JediKirby

------------------
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-16, 2:16 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Pretty cool... Shame it gave away so much of the story, though.

And is that Sniper Wolf I see?

</font>

That can't be Sniper Wolf though because she would be old with grey hair in Metal Gear Solid. Gurlukovich and Ocelot makes sense because they're really old in MGS. The Raiden look alike, maybe Raiden was cloned off of him?
2004-05-16, 3:39 PM #15
This game is essentially deciding for me what console I get for college.

------------------
"This thread is still alive? Someone should kill it."
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-05-17, 1:55 PM #16
Sniper Wolf WAS old and grey in Metal Gear. See Gamecube port. There's even backstory about her, if you... you know, played the game? :-P

JediKirby

------------------

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-17, 2:02 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
Sniper Wolf WAS old and grey in Metal Gear. See Gamecube port. There's even backstory about her, if you... you know, played the game? :-P

JediKirby

</font>

Sorry it has been a long time since I played Metal Gear Solid. I don't own the Twin Snakes edition either. I don't know though, Wolf looks too good for her age.

↑ Up to the top!