Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Academy for $19.99 each at Best Buy
Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Academy for $19.99 each at Best Buy
2004-05-16, 2:44 PM #1
I guess now is the time to pick up these two games. Especially Knights of the Old Republic, which many have claimed to be the best Star Wars game.
2004-05-16, 5:31 PM #2
Yeah, I saw that in the flyer today. I'm pretty tempted to buy KotOR.

------------------
gree gree.
2004-05-16, 6:05 PM #3
kotor won't run on my computer... i already have 9 hours into the xbox version and it's only $5 more... by the time i actually get it it will probably drop to $20

and JA doesn't run well enough to bother

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-05-16, 6:21 PM #4
Meh... Think I'm gonna pick up the PS2 Prince of Persia, XIII, and Splinter Cell 3-pack for $AUD80 first [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited May 16, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-17, 6:25 AM #5
Well, since we're talking about Kotor, I was just wondering if I could run it on my PC, relatively lag-free.

Specs:
933 mhz Pentium III processor
256 RAM
20 GB hard drive
16 MB NVidia Riva TNT2 video card

And I assume that would be all that matters...

Yeah, I know my comp sucks. But I'm getting another 20 GB hard drive for my b-day, so I guess that's a start.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-05-17, 6:58 AM #6
yea, saw that yesterday, thinking of picking a copy up thursday/friday

------------------
Kroko> Massassi is like Nazi Germany online, only it's not in Germany.
|\|\|\|\|\|
<kak> WHY DO THESE RETARDS CONTINUALLY TRY LINUX?
<kak> IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU COOL.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-05-17, 8:08 AM #7
Dang it, I just bought KotOR for 30 at best buy two weeks ago. AAhh!

------------------
"I like my women how I like my coffee, in a plastic cup." - Eddie Izzard
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-05-17, 8:54 AM #8
Die! I just purchased both games for $30 (40% off) on Amazon like 2 weeks ago. JA is quite good, but KOTOR is taking some getting used to. I got Unreal 2 for $2.95 and I'm loving it so far!

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-05-17, 9:28 AM #9
Too bad my comp could never run either of those. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
He who passeth in shall passeth out.
2004-05-17, 10:33 AM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da_Roosta:
Well, since we're talking about Kotor, I was just wondering if I could run it on my PC, relatively lag-free.

Specs:
933 mhz Pentium III processor
256 RAM
20 GB hard drive
16 MB NVidia Riva TNT2 video card

And I assume that would be all that matters...

Yeah, I know my comp sucks. But I'm getting another 20 GB hard drive for my b-day, so I guess that's a start.

</font>

Sorry, but there's really no chance in hell.
2004-05-17, 11:11 AM #11
The video card is what would kill you (requires 32 MB). Besides that, you almost (P3 1Ghz) meet the minimum system requirements. If you replaced your video card, you may be able to play it, but it's not going to be lag-free, even if you tweak it. You can play many games under the minimum system requirements, but generally, they're relatively accurate.

------------------
www.MentatMM.com (status = down :/)
Napalm Death Squad (status = alpha)
2004-05-17, 12:31 PM #12
I picked up JA from Fry's today for $19.99. I'm going to borrow KoTOR from a friend.

W00t.

------------------
"Why aren't I'm using at these pictures?" - Cloud, 4/14/02
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-05-17, 2:11 PM #13
How about my PC, will it run KotR smoothly? Oh and JA has the same requirements as JO?

Specs:
2.5 ghz Pentium IV
256 MB RAM
64 MB Geforce 3
2004-05-17, 2:28 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:
How about my PC, will it run KotR smoothly? Oh and JA has the same requirements as JO?

Specs:
2.5 ghz Pentium IV
256 MB RAM
64 MB Geforce 3
</font>

I think JA is a tad bit higher. I can run JO on its lowest graphical setting with no lag, and I run JA on its lowest graphical setting with ALMOST no lag. So, if you can run JO fine, chances are, you can run JA fine.

Unless your comp's just wack.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-05-17, 2:36 PM #15
FINALLY JA drops in price. Been pissing me off for the longest time about that game being 50 bucks for so long. If it STAYS down that low, I'll consider picking up a copy soon.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-05-17, 4:43 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cloud:

Specs:
2.5 ghz Pentium IV
256 MB RAM
64 MB Geforce 3
</font>

Not lag free if you want high quality--RAM and Video Card will kill you. Other than that, you're gold. 800x600 all settings normal, should be fine.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!