Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me choose my cellphone!
Help me choose my cellphone!
2005-07-18, 10:37 AM #1
Help! Ok, here's the dilemma: I've had my kyocera phone for a while, works great, never had any problems with it. My father comes to me today, and has found his old phone he lost a few months back, equally as in good condition as my current phone. He tells me if I want to use that phone ( since he already bought a better one), I could have that set up, but I'm unsure if I want to, here's the pros and cons of both:

Kyocera
Pros: Newer.Color screen, better ringtones, don't have to change anything, nor worry about having to change my number or anything of that sort.
Cons: I always thought it was sort of an ugly phone, plus it's not as small as the other one. It's inability to flip makes it so if I'm at class I can either turn it off, and risk it turning back on in my pocket, or put the keylock on and have to silence the ringer before it goes from vibrate to ring, if I get rung.

Picture:
[http://www.letstalk.com/img/prod/100/545/24488_pdi.gif]

Motorola:
Pros: More sleek, looks cooler works pretty well, is smaller and is a flip phone.
Cons: Older, no color screen, run the risk of having to change my number to get re-activated, cheesy sounds and ringtones.

Picture:
Attachment: 6186/mov60i_00.jpg (20,191 bytes)
2005-07-18, 10:40 AM #2
N-gage >.>
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-18, 10:50 AM #3
Personally, I've never been one for all the bells and whistles. If it makes the phone calls that you need to make, then buy it. Personally, I'd go with the Motorola, except for the fact that you run the risk of having to change your number. But there should be a way around that.

Also, what are the prospective prices?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2005-07-18, 10:54 AM #4
Oh, free for both. I already own the kyocera, and the motorola is my father's old one.
2005-07-18, 10:57 AM #5
The first one, I've never really liked flip phones.

They be annoying.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-07-18, 11:11 AM #6
motorola. it has more class.
2005-07-18, 11:13 AM #7
Kyocera, I hate flip phones.
nope.
2005-07-18, 11:14 AM #8
i haven't heard many good things about kyocera but i have been the owner of 2 motorola flip phones (currently owning one at this time too) and I love motorola. Plus, flip phones are the in thing at this time.
2005-07-18, 11:36 AM #9
i like flip phones because they take up less pocket space.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-18, 11:38 AM #10
Not really. They're about the same size. (For the new non-flip phones anyways.)
2005-07-18, 11:41 AM #11
FLippin;)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-07-18, 12:01 PM #12
First one, definatly....
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-07-18, 12:06 PM #13
I'd go with flips anyday, but don't get that Motorola phone. Friend has one, and it's terrible. Screen is sooooooo small, and navigating the menu is awful
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-07-18, 1:21 PM #14
I say flip too. I got my first flip phone about 6 months ago. I like that buttons don't get pressed in my pocket. A color screen doesn't really have all that much use unless you get a lot of pictures and such.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-18, 1:31 PM #15
A few weeks ago I lost the charger to my phone. I was left with a similar situation as you. I could either A, buy a new charger and continue using my current phone, or B, get my account transferred to my father's old phone. It was newer and nicer than my phone, so I decided to see if I could get it transferred. I walked right in to the Verizon store, showed them both phones and explained that I would like to have my account transferred. The lady took my father's phone, asked me my number, messed around on the computer for a bit, and then called the phone to see if it worked... and it rang. When it was all said and done with I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Didn't cost me a dime, and I kept my old number.
yay for not posting much ever
2005-07-18, 1:58 PM #16
http://antimult.ru/antimults/antibrand/003epizod/antimult-epizod003.swf.zip
幻術
2005-07-18, 7:21 PM #17
As someone whose name starts with A, I am a strong advocate for flip phones.

Far too many calls at 3am Sunday mornings from people who forget to lock their keypad...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-07-18, 11:54 PM #18
Firstly, who is your carrier? No carrier will make you switch numbers if you switch your phone.

From the sounds of it, it just sounds like you need to decided what you like better, a cool flip phone, or a color screen. Doesn't seem that hard to me.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-07-18, 11:56 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin_W
A few weeks ago I lost the charger to my phone. I was left with a similar situation as you. I could either A, buy a new charger and continue using my current phone, or B, get my account transferred to my father's old phone. It was newer and nicer than my phone, so I decided to see if I could get it transferred. I walked right in to the Verizon store, showed them both phones and explained that I would like to have my account transferred. The lady took my father's phone, asked me my number, messed around on the computer for a bit, and then called the phone to see if it worked... and it rang. When it was all said and done with I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Didn't cost me a dime, and I kept my old number.

You probably could've called over another phone and had it done in half the time. It's really not that hard and the phone companies don't really care how much you switch your phone, as long as you have the phone already.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-07-19, 2:02 AM #20
I have a Motorola V525, so I am probably a little biased towards flip phones, but I would definitely go for the Motorola. No troublesome phone calls if you accidentally sit on the Kyocera after forgetting to lock the keypad.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-07-19, 12:51 PM #21
ew. motorola. :( i love my nokia 7610 smartphone. <3
Mmmm.
2005-07-19, 1:03 PM #22
Oh and what provider are you on? Same as your dad?
Mmmm.
2005-08-07, 9:19 PM #23
Originally posted by Martin_W:

how do you lose your charger? :eek:

↑ Up to the top!