Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thats it humanity, out of the gene pool!
Thats it humanity, out of the gene pool!
2005-07-20, 9:03 AM #1
Just when you thought humanity couldn't sink any lower...

http://www.sbsun.com/cda/article/print/0,1674,208~12588~2969790,00.html

2005-07-20, 9:05 AM #2
Don't worry, I'm sure it can sink much lower.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-20, 9:13 AM #3
Ebonics = dialect, not completely different language.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-20, 9:55 AM #4
Eh, I dunno as I've never really heard true 'ebonics' spoken, but I know a lot of places in Cali teach it.
D E A T H
2005-07-20, 9:56 AM #5
Quote:
"Ebonics is a different language, it's not slang as many believe,' Texeira said. "For many of these students Ebonics is their language, and it should be considered a foreign language. These students should be taught like other students who speak a foreign language.'

Last time I checked, the first thing speakers of a foreign language learned was ENGLISH.
2005-07-20, 9:57 AM #6
That was weird.... I saw Obi's post before I made my reply... but it's before it.
2005-07-20, 9:57 AM #7
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Oh crap it's happing here in the US now!

We must learn to embrace stupidity! :rolleyes:

Strange...
2005-07-20, 10:05 AM #8
These future posts are getting annoying.
2005-07-20, 10:21 AM #9
Oh crap it's happing here in the US now!

We must learn to embrace stupidity! :rolleyes:
2005-07-20, 10:25 AM #10
How ridiculous. Ebonics is not a "foreign language". That is ****in ridiculous! It clearly IS slang! That's so stupid! I mean it's still english basically! I can't believe this. Government is stupid.
2005-07-20, 10:44 AM #11
This has been happening since 1996. I doubt it'll actually go through.

An even stupider idea is forcing students to learn Spanish. I'm glad I got through grade school before they forced Mextalk down my throat.
:master::master::master:
2005-07-20, 10:48 AM #12
We're "required" to take two years of a foreign language, but have had the choice of French or Spanish.
2005-07-20, 10:53 AM #13
Shoot man, I need to go there..

Learn me some ebonics.
2005-07-20, 11:15 AM #14
Woo, they should teach redneck too.
2005-07-20, 11:16 AM #15
hmmm... but if English is the language of America, should not American classes be taught in that language?

oh, I guess I'd better not get started in multilingualism in American education. :mad:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-07-20, 11:19 AM #16
Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
Woo, they should teach redneck too.

Redneck has like 5 different words for "sister."

Momma
Lover
Truck

I could go on.

But I won't. :P
2005-07-20, 11:24 AM #17
I thought ebonics was just an 80's trend or something like that.

...they're just training up the next generation of wiggers, that's it. :(
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-07-20, 11:26 AM #18
Originally posted by Achelois:
wiggers

This word should be banned.

It's just as bad as using the n word.
2005-07-20, 11:34 AM #19
It's bad enough I had to hear a 4 year old say "fizzle" the other day, now this?

So letting the slang of a bunch of uneducated idiots infest society even more is going to help? Just like the thing helping illegal aliens go to college is supposed to help?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-20, 11:36 AM #20
Haha, African Americans have many reasons throughout history to back up the fact that the n word is highly offensive.

I highly doubt teenagers riding on a particular trend can say the same.

Honestly, I hate the word too. Give me something to use in place of it other than a long-winded phrase and I'd use it readily, but I still don't find it to be offensive.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-07-20, 11:38 AM #21
Quote:

ebonics

n : a nonstandard form of American English spoken by some Black people in the United States

Holy ****

I didn't even know this type of rubbish existed!

Luckily it hasn't made it to England, phew.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2005-07-20, 11:41 AM #22
Originally posted by DMC87:
Holy ****

I didn't even know this type of rubbish existed!

Luckily it hasn't made it to England, phew.

Are you kidding? Have you never seen on tv/movies how young black people (and other races too) speak? It's just street slang. You know like "What's up dog" "Naw'm sayin?" "Yo this **** be wack" etc.
2005-07-20, 11:42 AM #23
Originally posted by Rob:
This word should be banned.

It's just as bad as using the n word.

Pfft. No it's not. Wigger is just a term for a stupid white idiot who dresses and acts like a black person. I don't think it's offensive at all unless you are one of these idiots.
2005-07-20, 11:47 AM #24
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Pfft. No it's not. Wigger is just a term for a stupid white idiot who dresses and acts like a black person. I don't think it's offensive at all unless you are one of these idiots.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
2005-07-20, 11:49 AM #25
Originally posted by Rob:
Redneck has like 5 different words for "sister."

Momma
Lover
Truck

I could go on.

But I won't. :P

hehehehehe
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-20, 11:51 AM #26
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Are you kidding? Have you never seen on tv/movies how young black people (and other races too) speak? It's just street slang. You know like "What's up dog" "Naw'm sayin?" "Yo this **** be wack" etc.[/QUOTE]

"Sure, why not? I am the token black guy. I'm just supposed to smile and stay out of the conversation and say things like: 'Damn,' '****,' and 'That is whack.'"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-20, 12:09 PM #27
Oakland tried this years ago. It was a ploy to more money. The district tried to set up an ebonics ELS program. They failed to get the funding.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-20, 2:55 PM #28
Quote:
Are you kidding? Have you never seen on tv/movies how young black people (and other races too) speak? It's just street slang. You know like "What's up dog" "Naw'm sayin?" "Yo this **** be wack" etc.

Yes, to see it is one thing. To believe people actually followed this is another thing entirely.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2005-07-21, 5:37 AM #29
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Pfft. No it's not. Wigger is just a term for a stupid white idiot who dresses and acts like a black person. I don't think it's offensive at all unless you are one of these idiots.[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point.

What is the root word of "wigger?"

To say that the word doesn't contain a racial slur, meant to be offensive is... well.. I can't think of a suitably large word at the moment to describe how idiotic that is....

PS, it is NOT stupid to adapt to another culture. Grow up.
2005-07-21, 6:04 AM #30
Originally posted by stat:
This has been happening since 1996. I doubt it'll actually go through.

An even stupider idea is forcing students to learn Spanish. I'm glad I got through grade school before they forced Mextalk down my throat.

I'm glad I was taught some Spanish in high school. Makes it easier to get through my required two years of foreign language in college.

Ebonics, however is just an extremely degenerate form of English.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-07-21, 6:09 AM #31
It occurs to me that if these children never learn how to communicate in proper English, don't recieve financial aid, and are completely unable to gain employment because of their debilitating mental illness, maybe we'll finally be able to cast that linguistic scourge back into hell from whence it came.

Oh, and I don't consider 'gangsta yo' to be a "different culture". I consider it to be a degenerate form of our own, created by a bunch of idiots whose only means of appearing 'special' or 'unique' is via antisocial behavior (or the pretense of it). White or black, they're still morons.
2005-07-21, 6:14 AM #32

So how about black guys dressing and acting like a white person? Is that just as stupid?
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-21, 6:16 AM #33
I didn't know dressing was based on race, last time I checked it was based on personal preference. Am I wrong?
2005-07-21, 6:32 AM #34
Originally posted by ORJ_JoS:
So how about black guys dressing and acting like a white person? Is that just as stupid?

So... wait.

I slip on a sleek, sheer, red, sequiny dress that comes about a third of the way down my thigh. Are you going to look at me funny?

Yes, because I'm a dude.

OMG THAT MEANS YOU'RE SEXIST!
2005-07-21, 7:57 AM #35
To this I say:

Word to Big Bird, ya'll
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-07-21, 8:42 AM #36
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]I didn't know dressing was based on race, last time I checked it was based on personal preference. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm trying to say. Nail on the head.
2005-07-29, 6:10 AM #37
I Hate not being able to speak English Properly I cant, I cant spell properly either its the school systems fault I blame my 1st grade teacher she was cruel and made me hate English for the basics. GRRRRRR.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

By encouraging it we only make it worse. I say ban degenerate forms of English altogether they are STRIGHT, GAY, WHITE, BLACK, YELLOW, WRONG, what ever you find politically incorrect. The student ether learns PROPER ENGLISH with every one else or they FAIL. Don’t give them an excuse, I don’t want my kids growing up with Ebonics as their secondary language, just so they can understand their Negro mates who lives down the road. If they are failing English give them remedial English class not an excuse to fail.
:mad: :mad:
Anarchistic, Srunched. you got a problem i got some metal storms lets settle this out side.
2005-07-29, 7:05 AM #38
Nah. I know a lot of people who speak their own version of Ebonics over here, and most of them are quite capable of speaking correct, normal language as well. It's a street slang thing.

Language wise, it is a very interesting development. Because this is how new languages evolve, you can't stop that. It's the same for all the language purists who say that our language is being spoiled with new expressions, but these people do not realize that languages always change, and that this is the way languages have always evolved.

If you're going to make a problem of ebonics, you could make a problem of dialects too. I know of some dialects that are far less understandable than ebonics.

What lies at the heart of this intolerance is, I suspect (flame me) hidden (or even unaware) racism. A dislike and intolerance of everything that is different.
2005-07-29, 7:33 AM #39
:p :p Its mainly the fact i cant speak english properly my slef and I hate others not useing it properly because it doesnt help me fix my problems.
Anarchistic, Srunched. you got a problem i got some metal storms lets settle this out side.
2005-07-29, 7:44 AM #40
Good point. People often hate to see others make the same mistakes as they themselves do.

↑ Up to the top!