Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So yay, but which one.. (adsl)
So yay, but which one.. (adsl)
2005-07-22, 9:37 AM #1
Well I've got a good week till broadband (adsl) becomes availiable to me in my highland village heh. But.. I've run into a slight problem. I don't know who to pick. So does anyone here have an recommendations?

I'm looking for 2mbps ADSL with unlimited bandwidth and 256kbps or higher upload. No contention rate higher than 50:1.

(been thinking these guys were good, but a bit pricy... clicky)

I know that most of you don't live in the UK, but most companies are international ish.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-07-22, 10:09 AM #2
48.9 euros isn't very cheap for a 2/0.256 connection, granted, but if you are indeed living far away from any cities in your village, your choices might be limited. Who knows how much the company that owns the landlines over there charges all the possible ISPs for the right to transfer data.

EDIT: Sorry, but I cannot obviously actually suggest anything...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-07-22, 10:12 AM #3
http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/residential/XPNP/NP/index.asp
nope.
2005-07-22, 11:18 AM #4
a/s/l? What?
2005-07-22, 1:21 PM #5
I think I'll probably get the one I mentioned, but the connection should offer up to 2mb on all services that provide in the uk. (should)

hehe thanks.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-07-22, 2:17 PM #6
No matter who you go with, it'll be the same service. The only difference will be maybe the price, and the support staff.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-07-22, 2:36 PM #7
i'm with demon.

they're pretty decent.
2005-07-22, 2:59 PM #8
I've got road runner baby. It blazes.
>>untie shoes
2005-07-22, 3:37 PM #9
DO NOT PICK BULLDOG

thier customer services makes the meseed up version of the forums look good.
2005-07-22, 4:29 PM #10
If you are going to get ADSL then the company you're looking at seems pretty decent. If you would be looking to go wireless and are willing to spend a bit the ADSL modem I would recommend would be a 2Wire HomePortal 1701HG as it is pretty good. If you have any questions about ADSL fire away I know a good deal.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker

↑ Up to the top!