Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What do you enjoy doing at concerts?
What do you enjoy doing at concerts?
2005-07-22, 5:10 PM #1
Okay, so I went to an excellent concert last night. For anyone that knows them, He Is Legend played an awesome show in Nashville. They had so much energy, and all the music was dead on. However, not all is well in concert-dom.

At said concert, a mosh pit broke out. But not your usual pit. These kids were actually punching and kicking and beating the hell out of each other, on purpose. There was a big group of people up near the front listening and singing along to the music, and right behind them, a big open circle where the pit was. I was on the very back edge of the front group, so I would constantly get kicked and punched in the back. NOT COOL.

Anyway, I just lived with it, and tried my best to listen to and enjoy the music. I know this should be on various live journal/my space/any other blog site, so to make this thread any good, post what you tend to do at concerts.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2005-07-22, 5:33 PM #2
You should have fought back.
2005-07-22, 5:35 PM #3
Originally posted by Delphian:
You should have fought back.

Meh. I was enjoying the music and didn't want to get into a fight.

And I was scared ****-less.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2005-07-22, 5:40 PM #4
I've seen mosh pits like that before. Not uncommon.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-22, 5:40 PM #5
wuss.

i voted pit but usually a flail around and rave like a lunatic on ecstacy and people usually make room for me because i kinda act like a crazy fool, i dont "mosh" or "slam" i just kinda do a weird rave type dance thing where i go everywhere flailing with my arms and legs, sometimes i hit people but then they charge into me so i charge back and we hit each other and its fun.
2005-07-22, 5:48 PM #6
one of my friends got hit in the head by the guitar of the guitarist because the mosh pit got too close (no stage)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-22, 5:54 PM #7
I go to a lot of ska and punk shows. Usually I'm in the pit, but the pit is a bit different than a rock concert pit. People dance and skank around in a vague circle and shove eachother around when people get too close and when the music kicks up.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-07-22, 5:55 PM #8
Originally posted by Genki:
one of my friends got hit in the head by the guitar of the guitarist because the mosh pit got too close (no stage)

my friend broke his toe in a napalm death pit, its expected.
2005-07-22, 5:57 PM #9
I saw a girl get her nose broken because she was standing at the edge of a it and someone got shoved towrd her. His head snapped back and nailed her right in hte face. Looked pretty freaking painful.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-22, 5:58 PM #10
Running on stage in the nude
2005-07-22, 6:05 PM #11
"I run around in a little circle, I'm wondering who to beat.
And you know it's really cool, because I played football in highschool.
Gonna push some little girls tonight, look out boys cause
When I'm in the pit, I'm gonna punch and kick.
When I'm in the pit, don't you know
I'm gonna **** up ****!"
2005-07-22, 6:52 PM #12
I want an "I've never been to a concert" option!
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2005-07-22, 8:30 PM #13
'Areas at the front' where people really get into the music are awesome, but if everyone is just beating each other up that's lame.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-07-23, 6:25 AM #14
Being up front and singing along with the music.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-23, 7:28 AM #15
I've only ever been to one concert, but the music played wasn't exactly mosh-worthy. I was a few rows from the front and just sang along and got drunk with everyone else.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-07-23, 7:34 AM #16
i went to a guns and roses concert in 94 or something like that (skin and bones tour (out of ~100 concerts i've been to, it's in the top 3)). the people in front of us were getting pissed that we were up and singing along and rockin' with the band.
it's f'in g'n'r man!! you can't just sit and relax.

my concert going buddy has left many concerts with busted ribs, toes, nose, hands... many times. he's as rowdy as they come.
2005-07-23, 8:31 AM #17
I get to the venue early, for a reason.

So I can be up front.

YOU ARE NOT going to pull me out of my spot. The last kid that tried, got a broken nose. He was probably 14. I got thrown out of the venue, because HE PULLED MY HAIR ON PURPOSE TRYING TO GET ME OUT OF MY SPOT, and I turned around and decked him. Atleast he wasn't going to enjoy anymore of the show with his face all jacked. Heres an awesome memory from the point of view of the kid;

"One time at a concert, I pulled this guy's hair, because he wouldn't give up his spot. Even though I asked him. I mean seriously, what kind of ******* comes to a concert hours before the door opens and stands front stage center the entire concert? Well anyways, the prick turns around and ganks me straight in my face! Blood everywhere! Then a bouncer pulled him out of the crowd and threw him out. It was hella awesome."

I am tired of these stupid kids body bashing up against me. Take that crap to the back. I came here to enjoy music, I got here early to be up front. I cannot enjoy the music, if I have to constantly worry about idiots bashing into me. Take it to the back.

I don't care that you do it. Take it to the back. The front area should be reserved, as a courtesy, to those who go to live shows to enjoy live music, and not idiots who like to bash into each other.

Mosh pitters can all go to hell.
2005-07-23, 8:33 AM #18
To enjoy the music, duh.

Luckily I haven't had any trouble in the concerts I've attended to.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-07-23, 8:45 AM #19
I like losing my hearing to overly loud music. ;) :p
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-07-23, 1:31 PM #20
What kind of concerts do you guys go to? That changes how people act. If you go to metal concerts there are probably going to be people beating eachother. If you go to an emo show, people are usually going to stand around with their arms crossed. At hardcore shows, they're gonna stand real close and quazi-headbang. If you go to a ska show, people are probably going to be dancing. If you go to a country concert...well I don't really know. I assume people would we standing around holding beers, but I've never gone to one yet.

Anyway, you have to expect it. I was at the front of an RBF concert last week, and the moshing fags kept pushing into us and cramming us. It was a sausage fest. I eventually left the very front and went off to the left where I didn't have drunk guys running into me all the time. That's when it starts to get annoying.
Rob, that blows and I would have punched the bugger too.
2005-07-23, 1:55 PM #21
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
If you go to a country concert...well I don't really know. I assume people would we standing around holding beers, but I've never gone to one yet.

Swaying and singing along and things. I've not been to one, but I know people who have.
nope.
2005-07-23, 2:16 PM #22
I can't understand why people go to a concert to beat the hell out of each other instead of enjoying the music. I mean... you pay for the concert, not to get beaten. I generally don't go to concerts because I don't want to deal with this crap. I came for music. That's it. I can get beat up without having to pay for it, thank you.

Even moreso, I don't understand rage rock. The idea is to actually break bones of people around you. That deserves a big WTF and a Morons of the Year award.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-23, 3:00 PM #23
pogo!
幻術
2005-07-23, 3:01 PM #24
meh, future poster.
幻術
2005-07-23, 3:38 PM #25
I don't like concerts. The music is usually loud and annoying, with hardly any "music" too it. The beating thing sounds like a good idea for the Darwin Awards.
2005-07-23, 4:33 PM #26
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The music is usually loud...

It's supposed to be loud. The Bible says so.

Psalm 33:3. Seriously... and the musicians rejoiced.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-23, 4:43 PM #27
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I don't like concerts. The music is usually loud and annoying, with hardly any "music" too it.

...how many concerts have you been to?
2005-07-23, 6:23 PM #28
I see where he's coming from. It's usually so blaring that you can't actually make out anything. That's where earplugs come in.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-07-23, 6:48 PM #29
For all of you that swing your legs and arms around at the emo concerts I have it out for you. Learn what a ****ing mosh pit is..

I was tring to enjoy my friends show and I get hit in the head by a flying fist and I grabed that kid by the throat and he never did it agian...
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-07-23, 7:01 PM #30
where is the "saluting the boobies" option?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-07-23, 9:00 PM #31
http://www.myspace.com/stophardcoredancing
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-07-23, 9:09 PM #32
hey! I two-step at shows!

I don't describe bands by it, nor do I know how what would work.

but still
2005-07-23, 9:26 PM #33
I stay home. From these stories, if I ever go to a concert, I'm taking a 500k volt taser.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-23, 11:01 PM #34
pits are stupid. hardcore dancing kids need to die. makes you look like an idiot.
2005-07-23, 11:11 PM #35
pits aren't stupid but hardcore dancing is... (i refer to the area where the morons "dance" as the circle of stupid... not a pit)

i've been in a few good pits there is nothing like a good pit
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-07-24, 4:25 AM #36
pits are fun.

you know, some people like to put some energy into the intensity of the music, but dancing hardlys fits extreme metal, do you people who stand there analysing the music every go dance at a club?

i've never seen that hardcore dancing before because i've never been to an emo show before.

i rave, its fun.

sometimes i charge into people but i usually apologise, although not all time, i might have hit someone before but i can't remember i'm usually wrecked as a badger at gigs.

one funny moment i remember at a gig was this crowd surfing knobjockey kicking me in the back of the head so i grabbed his ankle, spun him and brought him to the floor face first, i laughed.
2005-07-24, 5:32 AM #37
Originally posted by MBeggar:

I am so glad you posted that.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"

↑ Up to the top!