Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You still think The Island is Real?
You still think The Island is Real?
2005-07-22, 7:22 PM #1
Heya all. Didn't see a post about this yet, so......what's everyones feelings on The Island? I personally thought it was very very entertaining. Special effects were great, acting was good. Humor too. I really liked it.
What if you found a portal to a parallel Universe?
2005-07-22, 7:28 PM #2
I never understood the whole cloneing a complete human instead of specific organs part...but eh, I never saw the movie yet so you know.

No, I don't think The Island is in a real life scenerio.
2005-07-22, 8:05 PM #3
Cloning the whole person is better because it's very hard to grow organs on their own - they weren't designed to be grown that way. Then there's the whole part about keeping them alive and useable. Sure, you could grow a heart in a test tube, but unless it's kept working (i.e. pumping blood), it would be so weak as to be completely useless.

Easier still would be cloning the whole person; clipping off the head at an early embryonic stage, then keeping them alive using feeding tubes, etc. Full-grown humans (with brains) are just too unpredictable.
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:07 PM #4
WOO EXPLOSION CAR CHASE MORE EXPLOSIONS BOOOM BOOM CLONES BOOM

:p
2005-07-22, 8:10 PM #5
It's Michael Bay; what did you expect? I haven't even seen the movie yet, and I know it's going to be about 5 minutes of actual science fiction and 85 minutes of car chases and explosions. :p
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:32 PM #6
Sounds good...

I was looking forward to this movie (Scarlett Johansen, *drool*) until the most recent trailers seemingly gave everything away. I hate when distrobution companies do that.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!