Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → More terrorist attacks, this time Egypt
More terrorist attacks, this time Egypt
2005-07-22, 9:42 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/22/egypt.explosions/index.html

*sigh*
2005-07-22, 9:44 PM #2
Isn't it sad that I'm getting jaded from hearing about this stuff so many times? I can hardly bring myself to care anymore. But yeah, bad news.
Stuff
2005-07-22, 9:47 PM #3
What's the deal with bombing Egypt? Why?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-22, 9:49 PM #4
Because it's a secularist government.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-22, 9:52 PM #5
Honestly, I'm surprised Canada hasn't gotten attacked yet.
2005-07-22, 9:56 PM #6
Actually, secularist is not quite accurate. The government goes out of its way to suppress all opposition to its dictatorial rule, regardless of religious affiliation.
2005-07-22, 10:42 PM #7
Originally posted by Temperamental:

Why would they attack Canada?

It seems violence is on the rise lately. I do wonder what would be the next target for terrorism.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-22, 10:50 PM #8
Originally posted by Echoman:
Why would they attack Canada?

Why not? Don't be so blind...Although it may be heavily denied, canadian culture is very very much like US culture. Trust me, terrorists hate us canadians just as much as americans.
2005-07-22, 11:06 PM #9
Originally posted by kyle90:
Isn't it sad that I'm getting jaded from hearing about this stuff so many times? I can hardly bring myself to care anymore. But yeah, bad news.

Well, when you consider how many thousands of people die every day anyway...

But still, yeah. Stupid terrorists. :\
2005-07-22, 11:14 PM #10
Terrorists hate EVERYONE but their own kind pretty much, not just Americans and Canadians.

Why not attack Canada? It is on their list of the 6 countries that are targets. In fact, out of the 6 (may be more), only 2 have not been attacked yet. They are Italy and Canada.
2005-07-23, 12:42 AM #11
How do we stop terrorism? Not by war obviously...maybe we DON'T stop it.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-07-23, 12:43 AM #12
You really can't stop terrorism. It's an idea. All you can do is stop terrorist acts.

Also, how're things going Krok? Still away from home?
D E A T H
2005-07-23, 12:47 AM #13
Thanks for asking, Yoshi. Yes, I'm still in hospital (except not right now...but I will be in four hours from now).
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-07-23, 12:49 AM #14
Why not attack Canada? It is on their list of the 6 countries that are targets. In fact, out of the 6 (may be more), only 2 have not been attacked yet. They are Italy and Canada.

You know as much as I try to put that out of my mind you're absolutely right we are a primary target for them. But I guess putting it out of your mind and pretending this isn't happening is foolish, we need to be on alert and watching for things like this instead of falsely believe that just cause we haven't been attacked means we will never be attacked.
2005-07-23, 2:10 AM #15
I'm surprised Italy hasn't gotten hit yet. Their prime minister is a billionaire who controls the majority of the television stations and says things like, "If you want, I can organise a conference in which I will prove communists have really eaten babies and done even worse things."

Every time I read about him it boggles my mind. Here's a picture of him after a face lift operation in 2004:
Attachment: 6269/berlusclift.jpg (5,871 bytes)
2005-07-23, 7:52 AM #16
Quote:

canada will be attacked. i'm sure of it.
2005-07-23, 8:19 AM #17
Originally posted by Isaak:
Actually, secularist is not quite accurate. The government goes out of its way to suppress all opposition to its dictatorial rule, regardless of religious affiliation.

That's still secularist. But a harsh secularism.
2005-07-23, 8:21 AM #18
http://ahom.ru/images/terror.jpg
2005-07-23, 8:21 AM #19
Pretty brutal in Egypt.

Wasn't there also a bombing in Beirut?

I was always under the impression that Egypt had a bad rep in the eyes of radical Islamists for having mild relations with Israel.
2005-07-23, 8:49 AM #20
gah. wrong thread >.<
2005-07-23, 11:40 AM #21
Canada will be attacked.

It's not a matter of IF it will happen, it's simply a matter of WHEN it will happen.
2005-07-23, 12:09 PM #22
Originally posted by Isaak:

Secular means the government is free of religious rule/law.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-23, 12:14 PM #23
So much for the 'war on terror' actually working.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-07-23, 12:19 PM #24
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

:rolleyes: Obviously there are still going to be terrorist attacks, war on terror or not. It's not the kind of thing that can be stopped. Personally I believe we need to start introducing racial screening, because let's face it. White, black, hispanic, jews aren't the people bombing London's trains etc. It's arabic people. I believe they should screen based on this and search mainly arabic people. It may be "offensive" or politically incorrect but hey, drastic times call for drastic measures.
2005-07-23, 12:22 PM #25
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:

There was terrorism long before the war started there will be terrorism long after, any act by a human being that inflicts fear and mass histeria is an act of terrorism...
2005-07-23, 12:23 PM #26
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]any act by a human being that inflicts fear and mass histeria is an act of terrorism...[/QUOTE]

Well then, these latest attacks weren't terrorism at all then. :p
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-23, 12:32 PM #27
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]:rolleyes: Obviously there are still going to be terrorist attacks, war on terror or not. It's not the kind of thing that can be stopped. Personally I believe we need to start introducing racial screening, because let's face it. White, black, hispanic, jews aren't the people bombing London's trains etc. It's arabic people. I believe they should screen based on this and search mainly arabic people. It may be "offensive" or politically incorrect but hey, drastic times call for drastic measures.[/QUOTE]

That's not only exactly what the terrorists want us to do, it's also exactly the kind of reaction that fuels them. Congrats. You're a tool.
D E A T H
2005-07-23, 12:37 PM #28
And doing nothing is going to help too.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-23, 12:45 PM #29
I think racial profiling should be used....to a point. Just as I don't think Grandma Whitey is going to be carrying a bomb, I don't think the clean-cut business-man Arab that was born here and has a high position in a prominent company is going to be blowing things up either. We just need to use common sense. That Arab guy that acts nervous, guards his baggage just a bit too possesively, speaks only a little bit of English, and as born in a country known to breed terrorists would have me worried.
2005-07-23, 1:47 PM #30
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]That's not only exactly what the terrorists want us to do, it's also exactly the kind of reaction that fuels them. Congrats. You're a tool.[/QUOTE]
Oh shut the **** up. I hate that bull**** excuse that if we show any fear or raised alarm that we are just "giving in to terrorism". These people are a threat to our freedom, security and general way of life. They are enemies that need to be stopped. If we just sit there and do nothing they are going to succeed. And I really don't think the terrorists would like it if the government introduced racial profiling because it would probably prevent alot of their attacks. So yeah, just shut your yappy little mouth...
2005-07-23, 1:58 PM #31
You know....sometimes I wonder about things shown on the news like dog bites, kidnapping, etc. Sometimes you see a lot of stories about bombings, dog bites, and think that the occurence of such things have increased when in reality they may be the same, it's just that the media is highlighting more instances. Just makes me kind of curious. *shrug*
2005-07-23, 2:13 PM #32
I saw a black comedian the other night who was talking about airport security. He said that we should just screen the arabs. Who highjacks planes? He said it's never a black guy. You can't steal a plane and then sell it. You can't take it to the pawn shop. If you get robbed and the getaway car is a cadilac on gold rims, you probably got robbed by a black guy.
While a lame stetch, it's about right. Who are the suicide bombers? What race do the radical muslims from arab countries usually wind up being?

It's like in Rise of Nations. If the enemy keeps using spies, you use scouts to spot them. It's not about giving in to terrorism, it's the fact that all these guys are disgruntled arabs. Now I don't believe everyone who is arabic should be searched/shot/imprissoned, but I think the whole giving into what they want thing is bull ****.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-07-23, 2:21 PM #33
That's sad :(

I was watching the History channel's special on Terriorism. Didn't see this coming.
2005-07-23, 2:51 PM #34
Quote:
I think racial profiling should be used....to a point. Just as I don't think Grandma Whitey is going to be carrying a bomb, I don't think the clean-cut business-man Arab that was born here and has a high position in a prominent company is going to be blowing things up either. We just need to use common sense. That Arab guy that acts nervous, guards his baggage just a bit too possesively, speaks only a little bit of English, and as born in a country known to breed terrorists would have me worried.

So by your logic then, every black person has a right and should be afraid of every single white person on the planet, because of the 500 years of slavery we made them endure under our command/whips.
2005-07-23, 3:21 PM #35
So by your logic then, every black person has a right and should be afraid of every single white person on the planet, because of the 500 years of slavery we made them endure under our command/whips.

Wow you have me completely dumbfounded with this one. I don't even know what to say...except that you have reached a new plateau of complete idiocy. Is your brain just decaying at a constant rate or what??
2005-07-23, 3:27 PM #36
There's only one problem with the "war on terror." There seem to be more terrorist attacks now.
>>untie shoes
2005-07-23, 3:34 PM #37
Or we're just hearing about them more becaue they concern us a little more than they did in the past.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-23, 3:35 PM #38
Quote:
Re-read what I said. I said nothing like that. I said go after the select few that have the qualities of past terrorists or is overly anxious/nervous.
2005-07-23, 3:41 PM #39
...aren't the suspects of the bombings in London Southeast Asian?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-23, 3:44 PM #40
There are radical Islamic fundamentalists in the Phillipenes and Indonesia.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!