Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → #massassi
#massassi
2005-07-24, 2:27 PM #1
We're having problems with a troll, so everyone is currently banned. PM an op to get a +e that will let you get in despite the ban. Thanks.

EDIT: We now set the channel to invite only. PM an op for an invite.

-DSettahr
2005-07-24, 2:43 PM #2
List of ops for those who don't know...

~brad
~HermoineDies (usually GoY)
~mscbuck
&Jon'C
&Vinny
&Wolfy
@DSettahr
@JediGandalf
@mb
@schnarf
@SiliconC
@Nikumubeki
@Ishi

Currently not ops but are usually:

skimpy
Ford
blujay

Edit it for more ops that I'm forgetting. :)
2005-07-24, 3:16 PM #3
This is an unrelated question but, wasn't kak an op?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-24, 3:18 PM #4
kak has not been seen in #massassi for quite some time.
2005-07-24, 3:47 PM #5
Originally posted by Anovis:
List of ops for those who don't know...
~HermoineDies (usually GoY)

?!?!?!

:mad:
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-07-24, 4:24 PM #6
Originally posted by Echoman:
This is an unrelated question but, wasn't kak an op?

He's done with us.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-07-24, 8:15 PM #7
Invite is silly. I don't see why it is nessecary.
2005-07-24, 9:30 PM #8
Because all your #nar goons like to come in harrass us. Remember, like you used to do? With all your clone flooding? Yeah, I remember.
2005-07-24, 11:00 PM #9
I gave up on #massassi a long time ago.

<Member> Penisfish!
<Membererer> Penisfish!
<Memberer> LOLOL!
<Membererererer> PENIS ROFL! FISH!
<SAJN_Master> Hi
<Members> STFU!
<Memberzzzz> YOU SUCK! DIE!
<Membzsar> Stop Spamming the chat SAJN!
<Membar!> YEAH LEAVE!
<Member> Where, were we? Oh yeah! Penis!
<Memberz> LOL PENISFISH!
*SAJN_Master has been set to mode -voice kick permaban*

This is why I use Trillian :p I only talk to the people I am friends with, and I don't need to bother with all the 'intelligence' in #massassi

:o

I'm sure that chat has changed a bit since the last time I was in there, but I don't see why I would want to go back to a place I'm not welcomed at in the first place.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-07-24, 11:25 PM #10
Haha. You commenting on intelligence. Haha. HAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-07-24, 11:32 PM #11
Haha, don't be an ***.

And SAJN, if anything the chat is gotten worse.
2005-07-25, 12:42 AM #12
SAJN's got a point there, though.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-07-25, 5:01 AM #13
I tend to shy away from public chats, pretty much for that reason. I don't mind posting on the forums cause I read the topics I want to be involved in but as for live chatting I'd rather do that with people I know.
2005-07-25, 6:37 AM #14
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Because all your #nar goons like to come in harrass us. Remember, like you used to do? With all your clone flooding? Yeah, I remember.[/QUOTE]

All it took stopping that was a few banned hostmasks. This is just someone proxying and spamming. He obviously, will run out of proxies. It's a lot easier for you to kickban then it is for that individual to continually find a proxy and repeatedly join the server.

:rolleyes:

ReT
2005-07-25, 6:54 AM #15
You'ed be suprised, some people have alot of time on their hands.
2005-07-25, 10:21 AM #16
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
SAJN's got a point there, though.

Especially since they opped that Nikumubeki fellow.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-25, 10:31 AM #17
:gbk:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-07-25, 10:49 AM #18
Originally posted by ReT:
All it took stopping that was a few banned hostmasks. This is just someone proxying and spamming. He obviously, will run out of proxies. It's a lot easier for you to kickban then it is for that individual to continually find a proxy and repeatedly join the server.

:rolleyes:

ReT

Wait, are you defending the spammer? And by the way, [url]www.stayinvisible.com[/url] <---thousands, literally, of proxies. It's not hard to implement a proxy either. Trust me, they did the right thing.

I don't think the chat's so bad, and we actually have some intelligent conversations sometimes. Most of the time it's just stupidity though.
D E A T H
2005-07-25, 10:55 AM #19
At least we have this Nikumubeki fellow for intelligent discussions. :rolleyes:
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-07-25, 11:19 AM #20
[12:58] <Nikumubeki> Now that thread's going to turn into a "Nikumubeki sucks as an op" convo
[12:58] <Nikumubeki> >:(

I must say, I'm agreeing with that notion. So, how about it then?
D E A T H
2005-07-25, 11:55 AM #21
err... ALL ABOARD?

:(
2005-07-25, 12:15 PM #22
If you don't like it don't go, if you like it go. That wasn't to hard was it?
2005-07-25, 12:26 PM #23
wow I haven't been to #massassi in sometime myself.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-07-25, 1:14 PM #24
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Wait, are you defending the spammer? And by the way, [url]www.stayinvisible.com[/url] <---thousands, literally, of proxies. It's not hard to implement a proxy either. Trust me, they did the right thing.

I don't think the chat's so bad, and we actually have some intelligent conversations sometimes. Most of the time it's just stupidity though.[/QUOTE]
Do any of those thousands of proxies support CONNECT method on port 6667? I don't think so. Furthermore I don't see how you would know how hard or easy it is to implement a proxy if you don't even know what kind of proxy to use, suggesting you have never actually used a proxy for IRC at all.

And I fail to see how in ANY way my post implied me as "defending" the spammer.

[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Because all your #nar goons like to come in harrass us. Remember, like you used to do? With all your clone flooding? Yeah, I remember.[/QUOTE]
You guys made such a big deal out of that and that, like this, was nothing.

I don't see why one of you OP's couldn't install a script like NoNameScript, which has features that auto kick or kickban when a message is repeated multiple times or an individual outputs too much text within a certain amount of time.

ReT
2005-07-25, 1:23 PM #25
Originally posted by ReT:
Do any of those thousands of proxies support CONNECT method on port 6667? I don't think so. Furthermore I don't see how you would know how hard or easy it is to implement a proxy if you don't even know what kind of proxy to use, suggesting you have never actually used a proxy for IRC at all.

And I fail to see how in ANY way my post implied me as "defending" the spammer.

You guys made such a big deal out of that and that, like this, was nothing.

I don't see why one of you OP's couldn't install a script like NoNameScript, which has features that auto kick or kickban when a message is repeated multiple times or an individual outputs too much text within a certain amount of time.

ReT

Not all, but quite a few. And I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume what I have and haven't done. And seriously, I don't think you, of all people, should be telling the ops what they should and shoud not do.
D E A T H
2005-07-25, 2:28 PM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Not all, but quite a few.[/QUOTE]
StayInvisible.com is not an actual proxy site. It however, contains links to sites that have proxies. HTTP Proxies!

1) http://www.proxy4free.com
Proxy lists that specify if each proxy supports CONNECT method on port 6667? No.

2) http://www.publicproxyservers.com
Proxy lists that specify if each proxy supports CONNECT method on port 6667? No.

3) http://www.anonymitychecker.com

4) http://www.proxz.com

5) http://www.digitalcybersoft.com/ProxyList

6) http://www.checker.freeproxy.ru
Proxy lists that specify if each proxy supports CONNECT method on port 6667? No. A total of 10 Socks 4/5 proxies though that might possibly support IRC.

7) http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/
Looks like some CONNECT method proxies here, not terribly easy to find though.

8) http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

9) http://www.multiproxy.org/anon_proxy.htm

These are almost all HTTP proxies. Duh. Go check if you don't believe me.

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume what I have and haven't done.[/QUOTE]
Now you see why I assume you don't know anything about IRC proxies, huh? I would appreciate it if you didn't talk about things you know nothing about.

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And seriously, I don't think you, of all people, should be telling the ops what they should and shoud not do.[/QUOTE]
It what way was I "telling the ops what they should and shoud not do"? Hahaha, suggesting a script is in no way telling the ops what they should and should not do. Try again son.

ReT
2005-07-25, 3:03 PM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi][12:58] <Nikumubeki> Now that thread's going to turn into a "Nikumubeki sucks as an op" convo
[12:58] <Nikumubeki> >:(

I must say, I'm agreeing with that notion. So, how about it then?[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Also, am I tall enough to ride the mantrain yet?
2005-07-25, 3:08 PM #28
enough.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[

↑ Up to the top!