Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ruthvens trip to Finland cometh to an end
Ruthvens trip to Finland cometh to an end
2005-07-25, 5:38 AM #1
12th of July - I fly to Tampere using Ryan Air. During take-off all passengers are urged to hold the fusilage together and pray to god for their lives.
I meet Sami (Morpheus of Massassi) at airport and stay at his mates house.
WTF?? It hardly gets dark in this country at night?
And I dont understand a word these people are saying.

13th of July - After not sleeping at all I spend the ENTIRE day travelling on trains cos we have to cross one side of finland to the other, to Savolinna which is where Sami lives. Try out the sauna (TOO HOT) and then jump into the lake (TOO COLD) . Sami laughs at me cos I'm a wuss. Once we get to his house, I fall into a much needed coma.

14th of July - I do nothing but play guitar, drink milkshakes, read Whitewolf books, and surf internet. Head into town for a bit, when i suddenly realise.... FINNISH WOMEN ARE HAWT!!! Damn you england u suck.

15th of July - Sami's friend Ansku comes round and gives me her rock festival ticket, stunned by her finnish beauty, I almost ravish her, but manage to keep it in my pants of steel.
2 hour car journey the festival area. And OMG. Hot finnish goth girls everywhere.
This is paradise.
We meet up with Samis friends and start drinking. After an hour or two, random finnish people start to crowd around me, attracted to the area by the aluring lovely posh english accent I possess. In my drunken state at least 5 finnish guys get my email, I managed to scare off all the finnish women, dont ask me how.

In my drunken stupor I stagger home with some people. Pass out.

16th of July - 1st day of Ilosaarirock festival - HUNGOVER!! Goddamn, I feel dead and I have to see my favourite band in 1 hours time. APOCALYPTICA !!!!!
Sami and I, as well as one the guys we met last night were pretty close to the action, and for over an hour I screamed by head off to the best music ever.
Forget about hangover, but it immediately comes back when apoc leave the stage.

Dont drink anything taht night.

17th of July - 2nd day of Festival - Sonata Arctica and CMX. Feel much better today. Spend much time just sitting there on the grass smoking and drinking and getting loads of attention from finnish people. I love them, they're so much friendlier than english people. Just before Sami and I and some other mates leave the festival, I get word of some english people in the vicinty. So Sami and I walk around the camping area shouting that we're english. We didnt find the brits, but we did get lots of attention from women and people who gave us free booze and ciggies. Sami's accent is so briliant they thought he was english to.

Note to self : come back next year, single, and do this everynight.

18th of July Do nuuuthing. Hang out with sami's band members, very cool genuine guys, they like the idea of using fruityloops with their rock music.
I introduce Sami to the Tea Cigar. 50% tobacco, 50% Tea Granuales, smells like weed, but keeps you awake.

19th of July Go to a bar and meet Sami's female friend Jenna, and I immediately fall in love, but I have a gf back in england who I love so no going there. See some other people and bla bla bla go to sleep.

20th of July - I go to airport, say my goodbyes and fairwells to my good friend Sami, and depart.

Thats the end of the finland trip.... but wait... theres more...

21st of July - I sit in Stanstead airport for 6 hours waiting for the bus back to Guildford. During this time the following happens:

-Irish girls crowd round me looking at my art work
-Start talking to Jesus from Spain who gives me an entire pack of marlboro free
-Start talking to Andre from Estonia with Jesus. Buys me coffee to keep me awake.
-Finnish girl talks to me cos she heard me saying finnish girls are awesome.
-Spot a british celebrity at the terminal and I shout "Heeeyyyy" at him and he goes "Heeeeeyyyyyy" back (fat bloke from radio name of Jono something)
-Walk next to 2 policemen, holding mp5's, I start talking to them, they let me hold AN MP5 GUN (but they have this lock on the saftey so it was cool).
- Travel through London only an hour before the new bombs hit.

All in all, AMAZING HOLIDAY!!!! Going back as soon as possible.
Attachment: 6295/IMG_05542.jpg (31,709 bytes)
Attachment: 6296/IMG_05512.jpg (37,688 bytes)
Attachment: 6297/IMG_05222.jpg (48,818 bytes)
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-07-25, 5:39 AM #2
Sounds like you had fun. :)
2005-07-25, 6:19 AM #3
Sami is awesome; wish I was there 8)
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-07-25, 6:34 AM #4
This thread needs more pics of hot Finnish girls!
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-07-25, 7:11 AM #5
Glad you had a good time. After all that work on the Stargate mod, I'm fairly certain you needed a break.
What ever you do, DON'T press the red button!
The Stargate Clan wants you! sgclan.com
2005-07-25, 7:16 AM #6
I take it the weather was pleasant enough. It has been quite a warm summer so far, and certainly not too much rain.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-07-25, 7:26 AM #7
Quote:
[http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=6297&stc=1]

This guy reminds me of Ozzy.

And wow, Jono, haven't heard of him in a long time [a few years since he stopped doing the breakfast show on virgin].
nope.
2005-07-25, 7:43 AM #8
boko thats sami
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-07-25, 8:27 AM #9
Originally posted by Impi:
This thread needs more pics of hot Finnish girls!

how about these hot people
Attachment: 6299/rokkitytot_riikka_01.jpg (36,972 bytes)
Attachment: 6300/apocalyptica_riikka_01.jpg (28,375 bytes)
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-07-25, 9:28 AM #10
yay cello
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-25, 9:29 AM #11
The girl on the cello looks awful, but the 3 on the left look great.

Edit: Sorry my friend, spelling changed...
2005-07-25, 9:30 AM #12
Do Finns really turn up the heat in those saunas?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-25, 9:35 AM #13
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]The girl on the cello looks awful, but the 3 on the left look great.[/QUOTE]

fixed, sorry I play it and hate when people misspell it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-25, 10:06 AM #14
actually the person on the cello is a guy, Eicca, but he's a bada$$ pretty boy who plays the cello like a demon
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-07-25, 10:59 AM #15
He from Apocalyptica?
D E A T H
2005-07-25, 11:03 AM #16
That's not Finland, here's a recent pic... who am I kidding, it's always like this:

[http://jpatokal.iki.fi/photo/travel/Finland/Winter/Otaniemi_Snowy_Tree.JPG]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-07-25, 11:36 AM #17
Originally posted by Ruthven:
FINNISH WOMEN ARE HAWT!!! Damn you england u suck.

I KNOW!! I totally couldn't believe how true the stereotypes are, Scandinavian women (not strictly inclusive of Finland, but that's a technicality) are ridiculously hot. I felt ugly in Finland :( :p

Originally posted by Echoman:

god yes, Sami was trying to kill me last time I was there!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-07-25, 11:41 AM #18
Originally posted by Echoman:

Originally posted by maevie:
god yes, Sami was trying to kill me last time I was there!

Hmm..?

I wonder what you are talking about. It's you who are turning the heat down. We keep the level of heat at normal levels.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-07-26, 4:50 AM #19
sami also tried to kill me... damn that steam.
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-07-26, 5:14 AM #20
Originally posted by Ruthven:
actually the person on the cello is a guy, Eicca, but he's a bada$$ pretty boy who plays the cello like a demon

That is the single uglyest man I have ever seen, and I thought I had seen much worse.
2005-07-26, 5:31 AM #21
Whoawhoawhoa!! My participation is required also!! You big thread-starter you :mad:

More pictures are required here Holmes!!

[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/amuli.jpg]
My best friend enjoying a traditional festival dinner (yes, the burger is cold and has nothing in it but meat and buns and I usually go for cold microwave pizzas)

[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/Apocalyptica.jpg]
[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/spin.jpg]
More apocalyptica goodness.

[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/Balanssi.jpg]
Me and my friend summoning up those cool festival vibes, peace duuuude!

[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/Sisko.jpg]
Mah sister giving the Englishman some massaging goodness, too bad she's already taken by my best friend :em321:

[http://www.boomspeed.com/chaosmage/sucka.jpg]
NEVER fall asleep at a festival with drunken people around....the only reason he didn't wake up with a bottle up his ***, his limbs tied together with duct tape and his face covered with wet paper was because he's a foreigner and we show mercy for them. :D

And as a side note: It was SO cool having Ruthven here, had SO much fun with him and he's a cool guy and all my friends pretty much loved him too....this has been one of the best summers ever so far. :)

Oh, and when it comes to the sauna, foreigners are wussies and suck
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-07-26, 6:08 AM #22
haha.. ive been told stories of taking people behind the saunas and getting shot.

damn.

badass.

can i come visit?
2005-07-26, 6:10 AM #23
i've never been in a sauna.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-26, 4:45 PM #24
Heh. Those pics are awesome. I wish I had fun like that in summer here. :(

You took advantage of Ruth when he was drunk. Looks like JediKirby's wildest dream! ;)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-26, 10:36 PM #25
Anyone wanna come to Phoenix for the summer? 110 degrees Fahrenheit isn't so bad every day.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-07-26, 10:59 PM #26
I want to visit you too. Sweden is close enough to Finland.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.

↑ Up to the top!