Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does anyone know CSS?
Does anyone know CSS?
2005-07-25, 5:23 PM #1
If you do... how do i get this piece of crap div to align to the bottom of the table cell?

The div in question is outlined in black and under the usernames on the left side. It has the lightsaber in it. I want the div to align to the bottom of the table cell but I can't get it to do it. This is starting to piss me off.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-07-25, 5:24 PM #2
something unhelpful
Think while it's still legal.
2005-07-25, 5:58 PM #3
dear mods & fellow admins: do not move this thread again
2005-07-25, 5:58 PM #4
if there's a way, it'll be a hack.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-25, 6:00 PM #5
personally i'd just put them in the cell below (but then again, I wouldn't be using tables at all for displaying a thread).
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-25, 6:01 PM #6
i tried to do it with tables too but apparently height=100% isnt valid.
2005-07-25, 6:01 PM #7
Originally posted by Detty:
personally i'd just put them in the cell below (but then again, I wouldn't be using tables at all for displaying a thread).

we're getting rid of the bottom row of cells on ever post so that each post is only one row
2005-07-25, 6:08 PM #8
If each post is only one row, don't use tables at all. a thread view isn't conceptually tabular data, so tables shouldn't be used (the thread listings are tabular however, so tables should be used on the main pages).
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-25, 6:13 PM #9
unfortunately the rest of the forum is built on tables and i really cant change it without screwing everything up. many of the css elements are hard coded and i cant change them, meaning to use divs i would have to write a whole bunch of completely custom css and ditch the nice admin interface for css.
2005-07-25, 6:15 PM #10
it's hardly a nice interface, i'd go as far to say it's downright terrible. it's much easier to just have a stylesheet in a text editor.
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-25, 6:20 PM #11
yeah, but that also means ftp, and most of the admins dont have ftp. i really dont feel like rewriting the vb css admin thing either.
2005-07-25, 6:28 PM #12
screw it. ill just put it two lines down. >:|
2005-07-25, 6:30 PM #13
float the div which contains the body of the post to the right (you need to give it a classname and adjust it for any alignment issues the floating might cause), then you just need to make your little icon divs clear:right to drop below the float.
Flickr Twitter
2005-07-25, 6:33 PM #14
they're not in a div. and i really cant change them from table cells due to the way the css is set up.
2005-07-25, 6:57 PM #15
G.O.D V.B I.S S.U.C.H A P.O.S

↑ Up to the top!