Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → When your heart stops
When your heart stops
2005-07-26, 11:26 AM #1
Today I was going on to my university website to look for classes and register. Well, I found I could not register online(though I realized later I was trying to register for the wrong semester). So I'm a little confused and I look at the calendar. It says classes start on the 27th. For a moment, I thought I was past registering and I wouldn't be able to go to school this semester. So, I begin freaking out and the whole time I'm thinking "Why would classes start on a Wednesday?" I try to call my mom twice at work to tell her my situation and whither or not I should drag my dad up to the unviversity with me to register since I evidently can't do it online and my parents are paying for the first two years of college. At this point I'm freaking out and really starting to lose it because college is my livlihood at this point in my life. But then, something occurs to me. Classes start on AUGUST 27th. It's still July. I have never been so relieved in my entire life. My mom calls me back, I tell her the story and she says "Well, you deserved it for putting it off so long." Yeah, I did.

What times have you guys had where you felt the world was about to end?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-26, 11:28 AM #2
When I came to these forums.
2005-07-26, 11:30 AM #3
<blog>

Today I went to work and ate Kraft Dinner, I went to a club called Cosmo last night with my girlfriend and got nicely smashed... hang overs on Tuesday's suck. I'm ok now, alittle cold. Love ya all thanks bye!

</blog>
2005-07-26, 12:02 PM #4
When I was held at gunpoint by that stupid MSWord paperclip yesterday...
DO NOT WANT.
2005-07-26, 12:31 PM #5
This topic makes me think of a favorite bash quote:
Quote:
<DeadMansHand> haha, last night, me and pete went out to celebrate his engagement and got hugely drunk
<DeadMansHand> we got this great idea to bury eachother in the sand close to the water and see who would chicken out first
<DeadMansHand> took about a half hour, but the water got up to my face so i freaked and got out
<DeadMansHand> i looked around for pete and he must've chickened out before me and stumbled home or something heh
<DeadMansHand> What'd he say when he woke up this morning?
<Thirteen-> uhh.. he hasn't come home yet.. i thought he was staying with you?
<DeadMansHand> holy ****.
<DeadMansHand> i ****ing hope im wrong about what im thinking right now
<DeadMansHand> im ****ing going back to the beach to make sure
<DeadMansHand> if he gets home, call me, i don't want to be worrying about this
<Thirteen-> will do. you better hope he's not still buried, you'll be in deep ****.
quit: (DeadMansHand)
<Tyran> wtf? pete came home last night you ****. Ken's going to be worrying about this **** all day
<Thirteen-> haha yea, but it will be fun while it lasts
join: (PeteRepeat) (bob@3F8C4655.11D1C8C.18637D35.IP)
<PeteRepeat> ****ing ken
<PeteRepeat> ken... that ****er buried me in the sand last night, i ran off about 5 minutes to it, left him there to be an idiot
<quiqsilver> pete, ken didn't come back last night, i thought he was with you.
<PeteRepeat> oh ****.
<PeteRepeat> if ken shows up, make sure he doesn't know that im at the beach digging for his body. i don't want him to think i care or anything.
quit: (PeteRepeat)
<Thirteen-> rofl. Those 2 are going to get a huge surprise when they meet at the beach.
<Tyran> i can't beleive how perfect their timing was
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-26, 1:16 PM #6
Man, I got the same sort of feeling last night. Our indoor cat got outside somehow during a really, really bad thunderstorm. He's a pretty stupid cat, so I was utterly convinced that he had managed to drown himself, get himself run over, etc. Nearly had a full blown panic attack.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-07-26, 7:52 PM #7
Most universities will let you enroll for the semester late, Kieran, even up to a few weeks into classes. I had to do it once, cost me $220 in late fees.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-07-26, 8:17 PM #8
Oh, about August through November 2and of last year.
2005-07-26, 9:15 PM #9
I've had two of those moments. Once when I pulled up to my house and a truck pulled into my driveway and some guys got out and started towards my car. And the other was after my mom's accident and the doctor came out and told me he was neruologist. :(
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-07-27, 2:22 AM #10
When some dude held a gun against my forehead.
2005-07-27, 8:25 AM #11
Two semesters ago at exam time. I was totally burned out, and was getting my times and dates mixed up, so I missed my poli-sci final exam b/c I thought it was on a different day than it actually was. I nearly s*** myself when I realized what I'd done, b/c I had an A going in that class.

Fortunately, I talked to my professor the next semester after I signed up to retake the class, and he let me make up the exam so I would not have to retake the class (on my own time and terms!) without penalty, since I did so well in the class the first time and I just made a simple mistake. That guy was awesome.

↑ Up to the top!