Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK Editing News
JK Editing News
2005-07-26, 2:28 PM #1
I've seen all these incredible and wonderours projects on JK. Sometimes I'll check the screen of the day thinking that the game is jedi outcast, but then to my suprise it turns out to be the original game. There was the gun mod that used 6,000 polygons in the models, there was the realistic water one, the ones being developed that could go beyond the thing limit...what has become of these?

Basically, what's the deal with all these cool new developments in jk editing? Have any been released? And what is the status on the ones that haven't. ANd how accessible are these tools to normal editors?
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-07-26, 2:35 PM #2
http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?t=34473
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-07-26, 2:37 PM #3
The realistic water one is a new game engine that can read JK formats.

People who don't visit the Showcase Forum make baby jebus cry.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-26, 2:48 PM #4
JK editing is still alive and well, and when the Sith2 engine is completed, that could start a whole new age of JK editing and we could see an even larger amount of these impressive new levels and mods you're talking about.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2005-07-26, 4:20 PM #5
I wish the news on the front page of Massassi would actually try to keep up...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-26, 4:32 PM #6
Originally posted by ProdigyOddigy:
People who don't visit the Showcase Forum make baby jebus cry.

Yeah.. I mean.. this USED to be an editing community..
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-07-26, 4:48 PM #7
I kinda got the USED part when I noticed that game editing material was a minority of the showcases around here.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-26, 5:18 PM #8
I stop by the showcase every once in a while. I never find out what becomes of the projects though. I usually see the begining posts and read the rest if the author promises more pics.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.

↑ Up to the top!