Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half Life 2
Half Life 2
2005-07-27, 12:33 PM #1
Wow, just got this game and it is awesome. Only $35 final price on NewEgg. For some reason though, it doesnt use my 2 rear speakers. I have it set to 5.1, but the 2 rear speakers are silent. I've tested them in other programs and everything and they work fine, but not for HL2. Any ideas?
2005-07-27, 12:37 PM #2
Headphones?

>.>
<.<
Think while it's still legal.
2005-07-27, 12:41 PM #3
Run an audio test (available in one of the main menus in CS: Source or HL2). What happens?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-27, 2:07 PM #4
HL2 has some Surround Sound problems.
2005-07-27, 4:04 PM #5
Doom 3's sound is better <_< >_>

I keed (not really, but I do)

I dunno, upgrade your soundcard drivers?
D E A T H
2005-07-28, 4:40 PM #6
Yeah, I recently started to replay the single player part of this game again ever since I canceled my account with WoW (my reason for cancellation is personal, has nothing to do with the quality of WoW). I'm on the part where I'm helping Barney inflitrate the combine base .
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-07-28, 4:51 PM #7
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Yeah, I recently started to replay the single player part of this game again ever since I canceled my account with WoW (my reason for cancellation is personal, has nothing to do with the quality of WoW). I'm on the part where I'm helping Barney inflitrate the combine base .

Does Barney have infinate health. I'm guess yes. Quite useful guy.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-28, 4:56 PM #8
Not infinite. He managed to die on me a couple times, the stupid bugger.
Life is beautiful.
2005-07-28, 4:58 PM #9
Really? It must have really bad damage for him. The worst thing for Barney I saw was when he was stuck at a door. Dumb AI.

I even saw him get blasted by the suppression (sp?) ray a couple of times.
2005-07-28, 8:52 PM #10
Lets just say with me he got hit more then a couple times. :) *coughcoupledozencough* I actually was rather surprised when he did actually die, since after getting hit so many times I considered him invulnerable.
Life is beautiful.
2005-07-28, 8:52 PM #11
Originally posted by SavageX378:

I'm at that part too. Hard as hell
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-07-29, 1:15 PM #12
I'm replaying for the 3rd time (and waiting for my sweet speakers to come so i can play with those as well) and im on waterways. Ive only been playing about 2 and a half hours though so im not to far into it.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-07-29, 1:34 PM #13
...uh....what? Helping Barney infiltrate a combine base? Are you talking about HL2? I don't remember any part like that.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-29, 1:36 PM #14
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]...uh....what? Helping Barney infiltrate a combine base? Are you talking about HL2? I don't remember any part like that.[/QUOTE]

Me neither.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-07-29, 1:38 PM #15
Oh, wait, I wonder if they mean when you are trying to get into the Cathedral in city 17. I think Barney appears in that level. I'm all confused now.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-29, 1:47 PM #16
Its towards the end of the game where Barney and some rebels are helping Gordan get into the citadel.
2005-07-29, 2:01 PM #17
Damn rebels die too fast. But faster than Russians in Call of Duty?...I dunno.
2005-07-29, 2:09 PM #18
Originally posted by Echoman:
Damn rebels die too fast. But faster than Russians in Call of Duty?...I dunno.

much faster... at least from friendly fire... i had to restart a mission in CoD because the same stupid russian kept standing up when i was tryin to shoot someone who was shooting from a window... hit the same guy in the head 3 or 4 times before the mission failed
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-08-03, 7:29 PM #19
So any more help on this? I cant run an audio test right now because I dont have internet to the PC which is needed to get to the CS:S main menu. Is there a patch somewhere? I updated my sound drivers to no avail.
2005-08-03, 8:03 PM #20
As far as I know, every patch for Half-Life 2 is downloaded through Steam so I doubt you can find the patch elsewhere on the net.
2005-08-04, 9:45 AM #21
I just bought the game for £15. Tried to install it without Counterstrike, it didn't work because the morons decided to put a HL2 resource in the wrong cab file - namely the Counterstrike one. So i installed it with Counterstrike, no problems. Right now it's decrypting, it's been about 10 minutes so far.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-08-04, 10:04 AM #22
I just received my HL2 Collector's Edition from Amazon today, after an order about a week ago. It was a great bargain with free shipping at $39.99 in comparison to $80 retail. I plan to install it in 5 minutes or so!
2005-08-04, 10:21 AM #23
and now it's updating, man I love being able to play games as soon as I buy them.
Flickr Twitter
2005-08-04, 11:03 PM #24
Mine won't work off-line. So now that I'm home from college, I can't play my HL2 installed on my laptop. Any suggestions?
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2005-08-05, 9:01 AM #25
Did you save your account information on your computer? I think there is something like that which is required if you want Offline mode.
2005-08-05, 6:27 PM #26
Yes. I can load steam, but I can't load HL2, specifically.
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2005-08-05, 6:45 PM #27
"This game is not ready to be played in offline mode."

I get that alot...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-05, 7:12 PM #28
i hate headcrabs and barnacles, they're part of the reason i hated the first half life, i hope they don't occupy the whole game :(
Flickr Twitter
2005-08-05, 8:06 PM #29
Nope, so far (I am at Water Hazard) I have only seen lots of Combine troops, tentacle roof thingies, and small flying droids.

Watch out for the floods of flaming barrels! It's a Combine troop favorite!
2005-08-05, 8:39 PM #30
Originally posted by Detty:
i hate ... barnacles...

Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
Nope, so far (I am at Water Hazard) I have only seen lots of ... tentacle roof thingies...

he's gonna hate water hazard.

I hate small flying droids though. The saws are evil. It takes like 5 hits to take one down or something. Wastes of ammo that are hard to just run away from.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-05, 8:45 PM #31
Thats what the crowbar is for. Swing away!
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-05, 9:16 PM #32
Even better is the gravity gun.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-05, 10:39 PM #33
Originally posted by ProdigyOddigy:
he's gonna hate water hazard.

I hate small flying droids though. The saws are evil. It takes like 5 hits to take one down or something. Wastes of ammo that are hard to just run away from.

Or you can jsut grab them with the grav gun, and blast them into a wall.
Or even blast them at other people, thats fun too =D
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-08-05, 10:46 PM #34
You don't start with the gravity gun
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-06, 8:40 AM #35
Crowbar works well on them if you practice. They can't hit you unless they're close... and you can hit them when you're juuust outside that range with the crowbar.

2005-08-06, 9:00 AM #36
The manhacks are fuuun. Vicious whirring noise. Love the distressed yelping that it makes, as well as the physics when they start spinning as they clumsily ricochet off of corridor walls and objects.

Plink at them with the pistol. Crouch. Put your back to the wall or, better yet, a corner so they can't swarm you. Get out your crowbar. Start swinging. You just need to keep your cool and hit them juuust a split-second before they'd hit you.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.

↑ Up to the top!