Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How can I record a short audio clip from a DVD?
How can I record a short audio clip from a DVD?
2005-07-27, 2:21 PM #1
I've got The Matrix Revolutions and I just want to record the music clip from the title screen of the DVD. Someone I know knew a trick whereby you could fool sound recorder into recording whatever the system was playing, but alas I have forgotten it.

If anyone knows this or any other method of recording that clip, I would be most grateful.
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2005-07-27, 2:25 PM #2
Start >
---->Control Panel
-------->Sounds and Audio
------------>Device Volume
---------------->Advanced...
-------------------->Options
------------------------>Recording

Depending on your sound card it should say, "Wave Out Mix" or "Stereo Mix," but check whichever one is there.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-27, 2:28 PM #3
Go to your Windows "Volume" controller box thingy, go to Options-> Properties and click "Recording", press "Ok". A box should come up with options like "Stereo Mix", "Microphone" "Line In", click on the check box below "Stero Mix". Then open up you favorite recording program ( If you use Goldwave or something, you might have to fiddle around with the volume controls in the program). Otherwise, if you're using the windows Sound Recorder, you should be all set, all you need to do is press "record" :D
2005-07-27, 3:07 PM #4
Awesome! Cheers!
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2005-07-27, 4:01 PM #5
I always detested this sort of recording, and I always will. Nothing short of purely digital audio ripping is good enough for me. The truth is I might not be able to tell the difference if two samples were given to me, but when I'm doing it myself, the principle is everything. That's why I set out to seek for tools to do digital ripping straight from vobs - and I didn't return empty handed from that journey. It started at Doom9, like all rightful journeys for the mastery of ripping should...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-07-27, 4:11 PM #6
Murder Death Kill
D E A T H
2005-07-27, 9:18 PM #7
You could probably find that music on a file sharing program, if you looked hard enough.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!