Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Blind kid who could beat you in Mortal Kombat
Blind kid who could beat you in Mortal Kombat
2005-07-29, 12:05 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050728/ap_on_hi_te/games_blind_gamer

That rocks.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-07-29, 12:08 PM #2
I bet he's a button-masher. :p
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-29, 12:09 PM #3
Too bad it's fabricated in a number of ways.

For example, the blind kid was playing against n00bs, as evidenced by their stupid questions. There aren't enough audio cues to beat a pro who can see. A large majority of the data used to make a decision in fighting games is visual. Especially a 3D one. My guess is this guy just memorizes all of the insane 10x combos and such and hopes he lands them on his opponents. Any pro would rip apart someone who just whiffs until he can land a combo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on his parade, more power to him if he wants to do what he's doing, but the article gives him an inflated sense of accomplishment.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-29, 12:14 PM #4
Lets see how he does at counterstrike :em321:
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-07-29, 12:15 PM #5
Umm...somebody say Kenshi?
2005-07-29, 1:13 PM #6
Old. :p

Was recently in an EGM magazine about him and his accomplishments. I didn't think the article really did a good job of explaining how he would beat some games, but it was an interesting read
2005-07-29, 1:17 PM #7
Am I the only one who thinks it odd that the article keeps going on about how "characters were decapitated, eviscerated and gutted without mercy," and "blood-spattered character's corpse," when there is no blood, and everyone's body parts stay attached in Soul Calibur 2? I also just noticed that they spelled "calibur" wrong.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2005-07-29, 1:32 PM #8
Free said pretty much what I was thinking, but take a look at the screen in the picture. He's barely winning. I wouldn't say he "easily dispatches" opponents.

Although it's still pretty good for someone who can't see :p

Clueless: They were probably getting mixed up between Soul Calibur 2 and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
2005-07-29, 1:35 PM #9
Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks it odd that the article keeps going on about how "characters were decapitated, eviscerated and gutted without mercy," and "blood-spattered character's corpse," when there is no blood, and everyone's body parts stay attached in Soul Calibur 2? I also just noticed that they spelled "calibur" wrong.

This kind of thing happens all the time, you can catch aloty of little things like this, like I was watching one of those car chase cop shows, and as the cops were chaseing some guy driving around like an idiot, the narrator quickly spits out "He continues to weave through the streets......just like from his favorite video game!" Dot, dot, dot. They have no way of knowing what his favorite video game is, or that he even plays video games.

Anyway, I think the kid is pretty cool. I mean even beating noobs while your blind is impressive to me.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-07-29, 3:23 PM #10
Reminds me of the Pinball Wizard.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-07-29, 3:32 PM #11
Yeah, Pinball Wizard is the first thing that came to mind.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-07-29, 4:01 PM #12
Im with these two ^^^

↑ Up to the top!