Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ouch
Ouch
2005-07-29, 2:10 PM #1
So today at work I fell and hurt my arms. I had ice on them, but both my elbows have now stiffened up to the point where I can hardly bend them without being in extreme pain. This sucks. I need painkillers.
Stuff
2005-07-29, 2:19 PM #2
How long did it take you to type that?
DO NOT WANT.
2005-07-29, 2:20 PM #3
You might wanna get that checked out. Arms are kind of important.
2005-07-29, 2:24 PM #4
No they aren't. You can learn to use your feet to grab things.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-07-29, 2:50 PM #5
[QUOTE=Chaz Ghostle]No they aren't. You can learn to use your feet to grab things.[/QUOTE]

\m/

[edit:] Mind telling us how you injured them?

And I'm with zecks, get it checked out. Even though feet are fun to grab things with, you just look uncool without arms.
2005-07-29, 3:17 PM #6
Without arms, you could become the Black Knight!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-07-29, 3:30 PM #7
Sue for a whole lot of money!

The stiffness isn't uncommon for an impact injury. Ibuprofen is your friend, as is alternating ice and heat: 15 minutes icing, 15 minutes heat for a couple of rounds. If the pain and stiffness persist for more than a day or two, go get it checked out.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-29, 4:15 PM #8
Just don't go Rush Limbaugh on us whatever you do!
2005-07-29, 6:07 PM #9
workman's comp!
2005-07-29, 8:16 PM #10
I was at karate on wedneday, sparring a 2nd degree black belt (I'm brown senior).

I told him to wait a second, I looked down, and said "Yeah. That hurts a lot." And then I decided to give gravity a pop-quiz.

It passed. I examined the floor quite thoroughly after this. I wasn't able to move my right leg for a good 20 minutes; something happened to a muscle or tendon and whenever I moved my foot it sent lightning bolts of pain jumping and leaping up my shin.

Still don't know why, I didn't get hit there or anything..

Anyway. Still hurts. Pity me.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-07-29, 9:10 PM #11
Well, I've got two fractures, one in each elbow... :mad:

There goes the rest of my summer. And no, you do not want to know how long it's taking to type this. Or how painful it is. Thankfully I have some T-3s; those should help.
Stuff
2005-07-29, 9:29 PM #12
You should invent some kinda crazy thought-transmitted autmated reader in which all you have to do is think what you want to say and then it types it for you. And stuff. And yeah...
2005-07-29, 10:07 PM #13
Originally posted by happydud:
I was at karate on wedneday, sparring a 2nd degree black belt (I'm brown senior).

I told him to wait a second, I looked down, and said "Yeah. That hurts a lot." And then I decided to give gravity a pop-quiz.

It passed. I examined the floor quite thoroughly after this. I wasn't able to move my right leg for a good 20 minutes; something happened to a muscle or tendon and whenever I moved my foot it sent lightning bolts of pain jumping and leaping up my shin.

Still don't know why, I didn't get hit there or anything..

Anyway. Still hurts. Pity me.

HIYAAAH KITCHIKAH! *paralyses happydud* BET YOU'RE NOT SO HAPPY NOW, HUH?

*bows*

He probably nailed you in some obscure pressure point.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-07-30, 10:22 AM #14
They'll grow back, right..?
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-07-30, 10:27 AM #15
Injured list in Kenpo Karate:

1.) Cracked rib - 2000
2.) Broken rib - 2002
3.) Broken pinky finger - 2003
5.) Thumb to the Eye/Blurred vision for weeks - 2005

That's it really.
2005-07-30, 1:42 PM #16
Force heal never occured to you yet?
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-30, 2:32 PM #17
You apparently need arms to execute it. >.>

↑ Up to the top!