Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "Friends" Finale...
"Friends" Finale...
2004-05-07, 5:26 PM #1
I watched this show a bit, and all I can say is...good ridance. I Can't believe they kept this god damn crappy piece of crap show on TV for a hole ****ing decade!!! Though, I gotta say, Rachel was pretty hot. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Post your comments!

[This message has been edited by Delphian (edited May 08, 2004).]
2004-05-07, 6:29 PM #2
Yes, im quite the woodsman.

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-05-07, 6:32 PM #3
I watched TV Land. They had a live feed of the tv land crew watching the show on a tv in a room. extremely entertaining.

------------------
There are two asses in Massassi... and I'm one of them.
The Matrix Unplugged|My Portfolio|My Levels
2004-05-07, 6:37 PM #4
That's just sad.....

------------------
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-05-07, 6:42 PM #5
I thought it was really well done.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-07, 7:32 PM #6
I didn't watch it. I'm a rebel.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-05-07, 7:36 PM #7
I missed the Seinfeld one and now this. Grrr...

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-05-07, 10:58 PM #8
Watched it with my girlfriend. I hate birthing scenes - lame. It was mildly entertaining at some points.

------------------
EvilMagic.net: Brian's Web Log
2004-05-07, 11:02 PM #9
I think I've seen one episode at some point... didn't really catch my interest.
Never watched Seinfeld either until years after it went off the air but I was probably too young to have understood it then anyway.
2004-05-08, 3:41 AM #10
I hate Friends...

It's overrated. The actors are all greedy bas***ds. They refused to do any more episodes at one point unless they got over 1 Million dollars per episode.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-05-08, 3:50 AM #11
That's completelly understandable, considering the ammount of money ABC makes on each episode.

I thought that was the stupidest ending ever. From the way it ended, there was no reason for the actual show to end. The theme of the show was still intact at the end, thus, there'd still be a story. The way shows end is that everything breaks apart, or there is rest. Not both. Everyone lives in the same general area. Monica and Chandler went back and forth from their house a lot in the recent episodes, thus showing that it's not THAT far away. Ross and Rachel will be across the street from the old appartment, and Joey, (Let's just consider the spinoff a product of the ending of all of their friendships, which didn't happen at the end, so I'm disincluding Joey the spinoff) lives across from the old appartment. Oh, and pheobe lives wherever in the city. They all still live near eachother. All they did was leave the stupid appartment behind. Bo-friggin-hoo. Dumb ending. Rachel should have been a responsable adult for a change, instead of a whore, and just went and had a career instead of a boyfriend.

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-08, 4:03 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
That's completelly understandable, considering the ammount of money ABC makes on each episode.</font>

I thought Friends was on NBC? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/confused.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-05-08, 6:08 AM #13
It would have been a good ending if, at the very last minutes, the Texas Chainsaw Man came running into the apartment and terminated everyone....

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

-------@%

The Massassi JO/JA Single Player contest info
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-05-08, 6:43 AM #14
I can't stand friends. I appriciate the funny parts, but I can't make it through most episodes without running out of the room, trying not to throw up.

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-08, 9:00 AM #15
Oh come on its not that lame...

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-08, 9:38 AM #16
It's just not that funny.

It's far too realistic. The humor isn't impressive. I have quite a few friends that are far funnier and wittier than any of the Friends cast.

I might as well hang out with them.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-05-08, 9:41 AM #17
As lewis Black says, "I live in New York, Friends is not New York! It isn't realistic! The Simpsons is more realistic then Friends! I'm watching a cartoon and thinking it's reality, then I watch a real show and I think it's a cartoon!"

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Originally posted by Elana14: i would love a dong like that!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-05-08, 11:47 AM #18
And did you see the cast of friends on Leno after the show?

Proves that the writers were responsible for the humor of Friends, not the actors/actresses.

Was so dry, wasn't even funny. Leno was killing trying to get them to share memories, be funny...but they just were like "Yeah", "I don't know", etc.
2004-05-08, 5:54 PM #19
I was never a big fan, but enjoyed some of the early stuff when Joey and Chandler were living together. When Chandler got it on with the neurotic ***** from hell though I actively started avoiding the show.

*******s completely neutered the best character. Bleh.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1, 2 & 3 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-05-09, 1:30 AM #20
It was good before everyone had their leg over with everyone else. That was, oh, about five serieses ago?

------------------
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-05-09, 9:24 AM #21
wow...such vehement hatred. I actually liked the show...it made me laugh, especially Chandler (best character)...was I the only one here who was sad to see it go?

------------------
Men and their wars!... I think that men raise flags when they can't get anything else up!
~from Pippin
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2004-05-09, 9:28 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sugarless5:
was I the only one here who was sad to see it go?

</font>

yes

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-09, 9:41 AM #23
I enjoyed the show when it was on.
Chandeler (sp) was one of my favorite characters

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-05-09, 9:59 AM #24
I hated that show.

------------------
I have a signature.
I have a signature.
2004-05-09, 3:37 PM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:
Oh come on its not that lame...

</font>

Yes, it is.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-05-09, 3:44 PM #26
Funny how the author of this thread suddenly "Edits" his opinion on the show after he's seen all of our opinions...

JediKirby

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-09, 3:49 PM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Echoman:
It would have been a good ending if, at the very last minutes, the Texas Chainsaw Man came running into the apartment and terminated everyone....

</font>

Conan will live forever!

I guess SNL did a mock of the whole rachel and ross thing where one was going to paris on the airplane, etc, etc. Expect they used Bush and Rumsfeld. hehe.

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-05-09, 3:59 PM #28
I liked the show, haha, It had it's funny moments and managed to keep you glued to it.

and hey, it beats the crap out of Star Trek and Stargate, on top of a lot of the crappy sci-fi shows some of you watch.

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net

[This message has been edited by matrixhacker (edited May 09, 2004).]
2004-05-09, 4:03 PM #29
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by matrixhacker:
it beats the crap out of Star Trek and Stargate, on top of a lot of the crappy sci-fi shows some of you watch.

[/B]</font>

*twitch*

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-09, 4:06 PM #30
/me seconds twitchyness

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-09, 4:35 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
yes

</font>

No.

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-05-09, 4:36 PM #32
Never really liked Friends... I do like Seinfeld, though. 'Cause he's actually funny. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-05-09, 5:08 PM #33
Quote:
and hey, it beats the crap out of Star Trek and Stargate, on top of a lot of the crappy sci-fi shows some of you watch.

</font>

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/eek.gif]

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-05-09, 6:56 PM #34
Friends is decent. Joey makes me laugh the most.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-09, 7:15 PM #35
I loved Friends, and was quite sad to see it go. I always thought that the script was very clever, and just the memory of some of the lines can still make me laugh.
"My pet pig never jumps in the air and catches frisbees at the park. Actually, my pet pig never even jumps in the air. He's pretty much a ground pig."
-A Hallmark Birthday Card I Got
2004-05-09, 7:16 PM #36
Quote:
I liked the show, haha, It had it's funny moments and managed to keep you glued to it.

</font>

I would avoid sleeping tonight...

------------------
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2004-05-10, 5:00 AM #37
Yes the nerds are coming for your soul.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-10, 5:11 AM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I hate Friends...</font>

Haha, SAJN, now you're my favourite nerd [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gandalf1120:
Quote:
Originally posted by matrixhacker:

</font>

I would avoid sleeping tonight...

[/B]

oh yeah! We'll get you... comparing Friends to Star Trek is allready too much!

------------------
My levels
And the ultimative TinyCTF

pazarol a világ, én meg segitek neki
My levels
2004-05-10, 1:05 PM #39
Yes, Matrix, you jsut narrowly avoided me hunting you down ala "Most Dangerous Game" by not mentioning Farscape. But i'm still coming after you for the other two. Newport, Rhode Island, was it?

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
"I'm a Cannabal-Vegitarian. I will BBQ an employee if there is no veggie option"
-DX:IW
A Knight's Tail
Scions of Light[/i]
The Never Ending Story Squared[/i]
A Knight's Tail
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2004-05-10, 1:08 PM #40
I like friends, it's a fun show to watch. I haven't seen the finale but i'll probably watch it whenever it's shown over here.

My favourite american sitcom has to be Will and Grace though. That really makes me laugh, while friends gives me a good chuckle.

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!
----@%

[This message has been edited by TheJkWhoSaysNi (edited May 10, 2004).]
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW

↑ Up to the top!