Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → 1)Ideas for 2)success??? and 3)Profit!!!
1)Ideas for 2)success??? and 3)Profit!!!
2005-07-31, 11:57 PM #1
Okay, this thread is dual purposed! ONE I need advice, and TWO I will get to in a moment!

Advice! I always end up having mod ideas...basic gameplay concepts and little visions of mods or full games, sometimes I even write up little design documents for some....but I have no skills when it comes to making anything. I mean, I'm about to go into college to learn computer science, I want to program, but at the moment I know almost nothing. So I can't make these mods.

Do you think it's best to wait on these ideas until I can do them myself, let them out into the open to be forgotten and ignored, or try to start up a mod anyway ad build a team? It always seems like the mods that fail are the ones where some kid with no skills tries to gather up a bunch of people with skills, but can only get other people without talent, and the whole thing falls apart.

PART TWO:

Post gameplay you've always wanted to see but never have because A) the idea doesn't work or B) it's not currently possible. Or your favorite unique gameplay in a mod.
Warhead[97]
2005-08-01, 12:00 AM #2
Hmm, advice would be to start small. You gotta gets your hands dirty a bit before the mud wrestling starts. Make little things like the slow rocket mod that is taught in the JO/JA coding tutorial given out by raven in the sdk. Gameplay I want to see more of is multiplayer coop, that's my next project :)
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-08-01, 4:20 AM #3
Like tinny said, just start out small, makeing useful little things, like saber modifications, etc etc.

What I've wanted to see for a long time, is an fps that plays out like an RPG, where you're given an objective, say kill the evil person, and you have to find your own way too him.

↑ Up to the top!