Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I don't see what all the fuss is about.
2005-08-01, 7:51 AM #1
I watched Over There last night, the drama show about a squad in Iraq, and I don't understand what all the complaining was about. I found it very entertaining. I find it amazing that people would complain about this show and then turn around and watch video on the news of actual soldiers getting blown away by an IED. At least with this show you know it's fake(insofar that the squad probably doesn't even exist). The one problem.... I have is with the two main women soldiers in the show. In the first episode they were in the firefight because their supply trucks were disabled or something, that was never fully explained. And then at the end of the show it does the clips of the rest of the season and it seems these two women always seem to be around this Infantry squad. Is their truck always breaking down by this one squad while it's engaged? Riiiiight.... /End possible spoiler.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-01, 10:44 AM #2
I really liked it as well. The only explanation on the woem I can think of is that their part of the battalion's motor pool.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-01, 11:03 AM #3
i liked it, there has only been 1 epsidoe so far right?
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-01, 11:16 AM #4
I haven't seen it, but I imagine the logic of the complaint would be something the lines of what you'd get if you made a thriller based on Columbine.
2005-08-01, 11:29 AM #5
I thought it was alright, kinda slow paced, but then again the squad was trying to wait out the enemy until they surrender , so i suppose that it was a good time for character development and all that crap to take place.

I was thinking the same thing about the women being there, but we'll have to wait and see how the show integrates them through the rest of the episodes. It'll probably be good, but for some reason I have a feeling this show won't last though.
2005-08-01, 4:51 PM #6
Flipping channels I caught about five minutes of it last night. I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Is it going to be re-run again?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-08-01, 5:08 PM #7
I saw it advertised awhile ago, but then totally forgot about it and haven't watched it. The previews for it looked pretty good, so I guess I'll have to remember to try to watch it.
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2005-08-01, 5:27 PM #8
'twas, eh. It seemed really 'I'm trying to be gritty and realistic'. And the guy getting vaporized by the 40mm round seemed really pointless and unrealistic. A 203 round shouldn't do that.

I sort of liked it. Just seemed like they threw in random sex and unrealistic violence to make it seem realistic. I'll probably watch it so that people can ask me if it has made me not want to join the military and I can say no.

↑ Up to the top!