Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → terrifying revelation!
terrifying revelation!
2005-08-01, 8:21 AM #1
I'm currently working in a corporate accounting office for an information business, and my current assignment is to run an upgrade version of our system through several trials to make sure that it's sturdy enough to use for all our accounts. My first task was to create a new user, and, with my odd sense of humor, the first name that came to mind was the Magical Mr. Mistoffelees from the show 'Cats' that I was forced to watch as an innocent youth.

I forgot how exactly one spells that silly name, so I looked it up on google, but as I was typing it in, I realized that Mistoffelees is merely an intentional corruption of MEPHISTOPHELES, that is, the Devil! What sort of show was this, pumping Satanistic doctrines under the unassuming guise of cat ears and makeup?!

(also, it would be very cool if certain someones posted the level queue... :mad: )

(edit: thank you sire satanist, in the frenzy of my original discovery, I left my typing fingers in the dust)
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-01, 8:24 AM #2
Haha.. never seen the show but that's pretty funny!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-01, 8:25 AM #3
You probably mean Mephistopheles or just Mephisto.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-01, 9:09 AM #4
I paid a hefty sum of gold to learn his True Name. Once I used it, I made him do my bidding. Now get me a sandwich before ol Mephy here turns your home into particles!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-01, 9:13 AM #5
Mephistopheles isn't the devil, only a demon. He was the second angel to be cast out of heaven, after Lucifer. He appears quite a lot in The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-01, 10:02 AM #6
oh dear, I was using Goethe's Faust as a reference, where he does rather seem the Devil himself. So too in The Master and Margarita.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-01, 10:29 AM #7
I always knew Cats were evil
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-08-01, 11:33 AM #8
You should've used Rum Tum Tugger...
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-08-02, 4:23 PM #9