Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2005-08-01, 7:43 PM #1
Haven't been around in a while, so I just thought that I would make a quick thread to let people know I was here. Oh, and I recently saw this movie and was wondering what people thought of it.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-08-01, 7:45 PM #2
I saw it last weekend; I thought it was quite good. Tim Burton ftw
Stuff
2005-08-01, 7:53 PM #3
The new one was so much better in my opinion. I never really liked the old one. It wasn't that close to the book (not that I care much), but what made me dislike it even more was that it was a musical. It was a OMGHEARTWARMING MUSICAL. Everyone goes apes*** over Gene Wilder and this movie, but I just didn't enjoy it at all. It was rather stupid I feel. The new one isn't only closer to the book, it's also less of a crappy musical and more of a family comedy with a good story. The oompa loompa songs in this one are not stupid and annoying but comical and funny. The whole movie has this Tim Burton feel to it, and the music in this movie is great. (The opening credits music makes my spine tingle) Most movies that I see more than once, usually by the end of the movie I am going "My god is it over yet?", not this one. I saw this movie three times and each time I was 100% loving it through the entire film. Depp made a perfect Wonka and NO, stop with the Michael Jackson stuff. Even Depp and Burton said they didn't mean for it to look like that. The way i see it, Wonka has been locked away in a factory most of his life with candy and cool gadgets and the likes, he acts like a kid beacuse he still is one at heart.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-01, 7:54 PM #4
SAJN you are wrong.
Ooompa loompas were mad homo-erotic in this one, and their songs were really stupid and I cringed when one would start. I agree it was a good movie, but empty without Gene Wilder.
2005-08-01, 7:56 PM #5
haha "mad homo-erotic" <3
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-01, 8:02 PM #6
I liked them both.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-01, 8:10 PM #7
Originally posted by Avenger:
I liked them both.

twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-08-01, 8:14 PM #8
Originally posted by kyle90:
I saw it last weekend; I thought it was quite good. Tim Burton ftw

;)
2005-08-01, 9:12 PM #9
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
SAJN you are wrong.
Ooompa loompas were mad homo-erotic in this one, and their songs were really stupid and I cringed when one would start. I agree it was a good movie, but empty without Gene Wilder.

!? their songs were straight from the book as i recall. and there was no man on man oompa loompa sex, so your comment will be stricken from the record.

gene wilder didnt act like he was in a factory with no one to talk to but foot tall workers for 15 years.. depp did. i love the old one, but to say the [insanely more accuate]new one isnt better.. crazy talk.
2005-08-01, 10:04 PM #10
I love Depp, but Wilder's Wonka can't be topped. I didn't like the Oompa Loompa songs in this one. In the musical version, it was fitting. In Burton's, the songs felt forced and out of place, and though they were good, they couldn't top the classics.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!