Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm not a murderer... but this would *make* me one!
I'm not a murderer... but this would *make* me one!
2005-08-02, 12:11 AM #1
If this happened to me, the first thing I would do after being set free would be to release my unspeakable frustration and anger in a torrent of murderous acts, starting preferably with the plaintiff/prosecutor/jury members, indefinitely until they're all dead or I go down in a blaze of glory at the hands of the authorities. No amount of money or compensation would be able to quell the bloodbath.

You'd better hope you don't have a hand in my wrongful conviction.

Seriously, I'd like to think I could just take it like the guy in the article, but I think being wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years would drive me to be a psychopath. I wouldn't be able to feel like justice is done until every last one of them is dead. I'd rather be murdered than wrongfully imprisoned.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-02, 12:26 AM #2
They must watch Law & Order: SVU.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-02, 12:26 AM #3
What really sucks is that the legal system doesn't easily allow for DNA tests in cases like this.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-02, 12:27 AM #4
Quote:
"I'm thankful justice has been served. The court system is not perfect, but it works."

How in the #$&@ could he say that after being imprisoned that long for being falsely accused of rape?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-08-02, 12:28 AM #5
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
How in the #$&@ could he say that after being imprisoned that long for being falsely accused of rape?

He dropped the soap of LURVE in prison.
2005-08-02, 1:02 AM #6
He got a degree and learned how to play seven instruments. His time wasn't entirely wasted. Prison is a great reprieve from life, from a certain point of view.
2005-08-02, 1:43 AM #7
Hmm... The article didn't mention any compensations, did it? Maybe that means the man will get a bill for the food, lodging and educational and other facilities he has used without a good cause.

That would be a good continuation for the story... After all, he had no business being in the jail, eating their food and all. He was nothing but a freeloader for 19 years!
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-08-02, 5:56 AM #8
I'd sue. Seriously. That's 20 years of lost wages that he could have been earning with his degree, not to mention 20 years of his life spent behind bars for a crime he didn't commit. Any sane person should be furious at this. There should be a large amount of compensation he should be getting for their mistake.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-08-02, 6:29 AM #9
Oh yes, and 'sane' person, instead of being glad they're free and enjoying the rest of their lives should return to the same system that imprisoned them and demand retribution and let this injustice consume them with rage... :rolleyes:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-02, 7:15 AM #10
Yeah seriously. Justice system ****ed up big time. Think about it. It could have been really worse. He could have been falsely accused and convicted for a capitol offense. He wouldn't have gotten his degree and learned to play seven instruments as he would be pushing up daisies. So, he spends 19 years in a prison, improves his life I'd say. Yeah, no real reason to be pissed.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-02, 8:32 AM #11
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:

I'm sure he was furious at first, but after all serving those years in prison and being denied parole four separate times, he'd probably resigned himself to serving out his sentence. If that's the case, I can understand why he'd be happy enough with the result to overlook the system's failings. He still deserves compensation, though.

And like JediGandalf said, it's a good thing he wasn't convicted of a capital offense. The U.S. justice system would have some very difficult questions to answer if he had been.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-02, 8:35 AM #12
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
Any sane person should be furious at this.

...right
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-02, 9:04 AM #13
He probably is mad on some level. He's just not going to let the whole jail business take any more of his life then it already has. No point wasting your time getting angry at the system.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-08-02, 10:06 AM #14
Originally posted by Avenger:
What really sucks is that the legal system doesn't easily allow for DNA tests in cases like this.

Yeah, in even in the pre-sentence stages, there is a time limit for evidence to submitted and scrutinized. Basically, if you are in the slammer, something that could expand the case might be disregarded.
2005-08-02, 10:34 AM #15
Yeah... if I were thrown in prison for that long, for a crime I didn't commit, I'd be dicing people up with a sword once I got out.
2005-08-02, 11:34 AM #16
And we would call you... the Massassian in the Iron Mask.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-02, 11:45 AM #17
Oh we all know what will happen if Jon'C had a twin brother.

Anyways, if I were him I would just put that all behind me and get on with my life.
2005-08-02, 11:53 AM #18
Quote:
And like JediGandalf said, it's a good thing he wasn't convicted of a capital offense. The U.S. justice system would have some very difficult questions to answer if he had been.
Wait, what? Nobody tries to prove the innocence of people who have already been executed, and there have been dozens of innocent people on death row who only escaped the chair because a law school professor thought their case would make a good class exercise. The US justice system already has some very difficult questions to answer. Like, "why are you killing people who aren't guilty of any crime?"
2005-08-02, 12:05 PM #19
Quote:

If it was a capital offense, the questions would never have been raised at all.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-02, 12:49 PM #20
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Yeah seriously. Justice system ****ed up big time. Think about it. It could have been really worse. He could have been falsely accused and convicted for a capitol offense. He wouldn't have gotten his degree and learned to play seven instruments as he would be pushing up daisies. So, he spends 19 years in a prison, improves his life I'd say. Yeah, no real reason to be pissed.

PFFT! Oh. good. god. You think spending 20 years in jail "improved his life"???? I bet he would have a good yell at you if he saw that. I mean CMON! Just because he learned 7 instruments and got a degree, his life is better because of jail??? He was locked behind bars with no freedom for a 1/4 of his life for no reason. Do you have any CLUE what living in a prison is like?? This is such ****in injustice it makes me sick, and you have people like you who think it's ok because he spent the time well, and "at least he wasn't sentenced to death" *STABS OWN EYES OUT WITH KNIFE* I can't believe you can say that this man "has no real reason to be pissed". That is simply beyond my comprehension how a compassionate person could say that.
2005-08-02, 12:54 PM #21
Although I do agree the goverment should pay for their mistakes, and he should be paid something for being in jail for nothing, I think JG means that he didn't go to jail for absolutly nothing...he learned how to play musical instruments and had a time off to think about things and life.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not him. He does what he wants I guess. Maybe he realized that you just have to accept things sometimes. Bad things happen to good people. Maybe he just wants to put it all behind him (like I mentioned earlier).

/shrug
2005-08-02, 1:06 PM #22
Originally posted by Anovis:
Although I do agree the goverment should pay for their mistakes, and he should be paid something for being in jail for nothing, I think JG means that he didn't go to jail for absolutly nothing...he learned how to play musical instruments and had a time off to think about things and life.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not him. He does what he wants I guess. Maybe he realized that you just have to accept things sometimes. Bad things happen to good people. Maybe he just wants to put it all behind him (like I mentioned earlier).

/shrug

I agree...I'm not saying this man should still be in a murderous rage over this, I'm sure he got over that years ago, after all, he always knew he was being wrongly imprisoned, so it makes sense that he wouldn't be mad anymore once they finally let out. I just felt it was wrong to say that he has no reason to be upset and to say that "hey, at least he didnt get wrongly executed so he shouldn't be mad". Thats just an awful attitude.
2005-08-02, 1:16 PM #23
I don't really think it matters what we think seeing as how it happened to HIM, and not us (no not the band HIM, unfortunately). So yeah.
D E A T H
2005-08-02, 1:20 PM #24
Teh jsutice system IS messed up.. You can murder someone and be out in 2 years (like the guy who murdered my girlfriends uncle), and you can steal a cell phone and be sentenced to life (read that int he newspaper the other day).

THAT is messed up ****.
2005-08-02, 1:40 PM #25
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Teh jsutice system IS messed up.. You can murder someone and be out in 2 years (like the guy who murdered my girlfriends uncle), and you can steal a cell phone and be sentenced to life (read that int he newspaper the other day).

THAT is messed up ****.

Also, you can go to jail for life if you punch a police officer.
2005-08-02, 1:40 PM #26
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
If it was a capital offense, the questions would never have been raised at all.

Good point. I guess I should clarify that I meant, "If, in some unlikely scenario, something like this had come out after an execution..."
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-02, 1:57 PM #27
What's sad is that might be on his record forever, unless he gets a pardon. So basically now whenever he goes in looking for jobs, he has to put it down and hope for the best.

I say sue, that guy might not be able to get a decent job now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-02, 2:06 PM #28

THAT is messed up ****.

Unless you're declared insane, you can't get out in two years. I can't speak about the cell phone bit. But you do realize the Canadian and American justice systems are different things, right?
D E A T H
2005-08-02, 2:59 PM #29
Murder, if it's manslaughter, is a seven year minimum.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-02, 3:07 PM #30
Quote:
Unless you're declared insane, you can't get out in two years. I can't speak about the cell phone bit. But you do realize the Canadian and American justice systems are different things, right?

A. Obviously since I am canadian, I would be speaking of my justice system.

B. I took law, yes, I can tell the difference.

C. You CAN be out in 2 or a few more years, there's such a thing as parole, or even good behavior, etc.

D. The point of whether or not you can be out in two or more years is null, because the fact of the matter remains that if you take a life you should be locked away forever.

E. Ever hear of Carla Homolka?

F. Hell, my last boss was in jail 14 years of a 20 year sentence, and while he was in jail he murdered someone, yet he still only served 14 years and got off and is now on parole.
2005-08-03, 12:23 AM #31
Originally posted by Ictus:
Wait, what? Nobody tries to prove the innocence of people who have already been executed

Incorrect.
2005-08-03, 2:09 AM #32
D. The point of whether or not you can be out in two or more years is null, because the fact of the matter remains that if you take a life you should be locked away forever.

That's brilliant. :rolleyes:
Pissed Off?
2005-08-03, 2:12 AM #33
Originally posted by Avenger:
That's brilliant. :rolleyes:

Not really.
2005-08-03, 12:53 PM #34
Rob: Who, then? All the groups I've heard of are more concerned with saving an innocent life than scoring political points.

↑ Up to the top!