Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Audio Help
Audio Help
2005-08-03, 11:14 PM #1
Can you Pre-future post a Threat?
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2005-08-03, 11:14 PM #2
Yes.... yes you can.

:)
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either

2005-08-03, 11:15 PM #3
what do you prefer being threatened with?
幻術
2005-08-03, 11:16 PM #4
It's all twisty and turvey and inside out!!!!

2005-08-03, 11:26 PM #5
Ok, So I’m going back to college in a few weeks, and it is now time to start getting things together. When it comes to audio, I normally just use a pair of semi-sealed monitor headphones, good ones. But last year my roommate proved the need for actual speakers, and then proceeded to spend good money on bad audio equipment.

Remembering this, I have dug out a pair of Harvard speakers from my mothers old turntable, before you all go laughing at me, they are 8” speakers paired with a 2” high range drivers, and most importantly they sound pretty damn good. They are 40-watt speakers, and can put out quite a lot of sound when driven from some of my older audio equipment. The problem is, I don’t think my laptop has the juice to drive them. So I have been thinking about buying a small 25~40 watt amp. I just don’t know where to go looking for one, or if i really need one for that matter. Radioshack has a 40 watt PA amp for $100, but I know better that to just buy from radioshack on matters such as these.

So Massassi, I ask you: Where might I go to buy a decent 25~40 watt amp, and what might I expect to pay for such at thing?

↑ Up to the top!