Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → TV Tuner
TV Tuner
2005-08-04, 9:02 AM #1
I was thinking about getting a TV tuner for my computer, so I don't have to take my TV to college (TV is smaller than my monitor, and I'm travellling half way across the count, so the less I need to take, the better). Are there any suggestions out there, and what should I be looking for?
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2005-08-04, 9:14 AM #2
I would go with an ATI All in Wonder card. Mine works great, I have a 9600. Only thing is if you already have a nice video card, in which case you would want a seperate TV tuner, ATI makes a nice one of those, even a HDTV version.
2005-08-04, 11:39 AM #3
Check out this site:
http://www.tv-cards.com

The actual tuner chipset is the most important thing to look for. I did some research on it a while back but ended up using my dad's ATI TV Wonder PCI for school. Which is an okay card, there's much better for cheap. After the tuner itself you'll just want to look at inputs/outputs, software package and other misc features.

Hauppauge tuners are generally considered to be very good. I'd stay away from anything ATI unless it's the HDTV tuner. Everything else is only mediocre.

By the way, for some reason I'm under the impression that you go to RIT. This true?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-04, 4:30 PM #4
I highly recommend the Hauppauge PVR-350, its an excellent card all around.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2005-08-04, 5:34 PM #5
Clicky.

(Scroll to the bottom)
2005-08-04, 6:47 PM #6
RIT? No. University of Nebraska Lincoln
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2005-08-05, 12:56 AM #7
Nnnnevermind then.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-05, 4:44 AM #8
Originally posted by GeneralRamos:
RIT? No. University of Nebraska Lincoln

That's where I'm at.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2005-08-05, 7:57 AM #9
I second the 9600 All In Wonder. I'm using one now and it's a dream.

I actually got mine for halfprice... Go Black Friday sales! Woohoo!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!