Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I hate stupid people.
I hate stupid people.
2005-08-04, 2:00 PM #1
Rant

Ok so where I work at, everyone knows me. Everyone likes me. If you say "Outdoor Cafe" (Where I work) people think of me. Employees and Customers alike all know me and like me.

Today I worked with some kid whom I've never worked with before. I've seen him at shift changes, perhaps even exchanged an "Hi" or "What's up".

I don't remember though.

So I was working an extra couple hours to get more hours, so we're working together for a while.
Well not really.. business is dead at this time. He comes up to me. "Why don't you do something?" in a pissed off voice. I casually reply "There's nothing to do" which is true. He retorts "Why don't you go home now then?"
Conversation continues until I finally ask him what his problem is. He says it's me, and I am extremely annoying.

WTF.
I've never talked to the kid for more than 2 seconds. I see him maybe twice a week. And he's giving me crap for no reason.
Normally people pissed at me/hating me doesn't bother me. Because I've usually earned it by doing something stupid. But this has no reasoning behind it and it's totally pissing me off.

Worst part is, right before he came up to me he was sitting down in a chair relaxing. I mean at least I was standing up ready for a customer or whatever.

ARG.
Maybe he's jealous?
2005-08-04, 2:08 PM #2
Kill him and change the daily special. :em321:
2005-08-04, 2:08 PM #3
Perhaps.

What I usually do to people like that, is I knock them off their high horse by using superior english/intellect skills.

My dad says I should be a lawyer when I grow up, but I digress.

I would talk to your manager I guess, complain about him.
2005-08-04, 2:11 PM #4
No, I don't go tattle everytime someone pisses me off.
But the worst part is, I'm pretty much assisstant manager there as well..
I could get him fired if I wanted, no problem. I've done it in the past. (Hehe, don't piss me off when I'm stressed out)
2005-08-04, 2:17 PM #5
Maybe you arent so hot. Everyone has a cocky radar.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-04, 2:19 PM #6
I'm not cocky though. I think I'm a loser. But people seem to like me.
I'm always putting myself down. Low self esteem, woohoo!

But if you're going to argue who's a better worker in the cafe, I'll tell anyone to screw off and it's the end of discussion. But that wasn't the case.
2005-08-04, 2:24 PM #7
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]I'm not cocky though. I think I'm a loser. But people seem to like me.
I'm always putting myself down. Low self esteem, woohoo!

But if you're going to argue who's a better worker in the cafe, I'll tell anyone to screw off and it's the end of discussion. But that wasn't the case.[/QUOTE]
If it helps any, I think you're a loser too. :eek:
2005-08-04, 2:30 PM #8
I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Thrawn.

No matter what you think, you aren't carrying the company. Even if you do work harder. They'll just hire someone else, and pay them less.

That said, people who get extra hours are annoying to other people. No matter what.

When they cut hours way back at K-mart, my co-workers actually complained to corporate because they "pretend-cut" my hours. IE, they had me come in before, and work later than my scheduled time. It's not like I work that damn hard. I'm just one of the only people willing to have the crap worked out of him for the crappy pay they give us.
2005-08-04, 2:45 PM #9
He probably wants to be alone and do whatever he wants, so it would make sense for him to try to convince you to go home.

Plant cameras.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-04, 2:50 PM #10
Is he your superior in any way at the cafe? If not, screw him and ignore it.
2005-08-04, 5:41 PM #11
Indeed
Pissed Off?
2005-08-04, 5:49 PM #12
It definitely sounds like a case of jealousy to me.
You got extra hours, and he hates you for it.
Who cares? Let him steam. His negative attitude is only going to cuz problems for himself.
If he comes at you with this crap again, and he starts to get to you, just inform him of his obvious jealousy, and let him know that if he actually did some real work, he might get more hours too.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-08-04, 6:47 PM #13
If he does it again, tell him to go to hell.
2005-08-04, 6:52 PM #14
Originally posted by Stinkywrix:
Perhaps.

What I usually do to people like that, is I knock them off their high horse by using superior english/intellect skills.

Yeah, I usually just knock 'em down with a baseball bat.
2005-08-04, 7:04 PM #15
Originally posted by CavEmaN:
Yeah, I usually just knock 'em down with a baseball bat.

Like they say: "Its takes over 30 muscles in the face to give someone a glare but it only takes 3 muscles to knock 'em in the kisser." :D
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-04, 7:04 PM #16
Poppycock, Caveman. Everyone knows you can't afford a baseball bat...
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-04, 7:23 PM #17
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Poppycock, Caveman. Everyone knows you can't afford a baseball bat...

Who said anything about buying... ;)
Yeah, going down to the local little league and stealing one is much more cheaper then going to a shop. In fact it's a BARGAIN.
2005-08-04, 9:26 PM #18
in response to the title, ynu dont know how many times I say that in a day
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"

↑ Up to the top!