Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So I just got out
So I just got out
2005-08-04, 3:20 PM #1
I just got my wisdom teeth surgically removed today. Apparantly you are supposed to feel sick from the anesthesia and very tired and want to sleep. You are also supposed to bleed a lot. My doctor is very stunned because I feel completely normal and could run miles if I had to. I'm also not tired. I have not taken my pain medication since I got the surgery done (7 hours ago) and I am not sore or in pain in any way. I just want a freaking mexican food dinner. In other words, how did you feel when you got them out?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-08-04, 3:20 PM #2
I felt like **** for 2 days.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-04, 3:24 PM #3
I felt fine, just incredibly tired.

Haha, of course the painkillers probably helped a lot with that.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-04, 3:29 PM #4
I felt fine for the first 9 hours I was out, just sat and watched TV. Then I tried to eat a hot dog and found I was bleeding profusely and didn't even know it.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-08-04, 3:30 PM #5
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I felt like **** for 2 days.

Same here. Percocets are fun though.
Stuff
2005-08-04, 3:32 PM #6
I felt fine I know. The thing that made me horribly sick were the painkillers. After it I watched a ton of David Bowie movies and went to math class the next day. :p
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-08-04, 4:14 PM #7
I had my wisdoms pulled last May. I was in sheer agony shortly after I got my wisdoms out. It was mostly because I didn't take my pain killers often because they gave me nausea (which always results in me barfing up a storm). The bleeding was pretty bad too. I didn't stop bleeding for a good 5 hours. I started to feel better on the third day though.

BTW... is it wisdom teeth pulling season or something? I think I've heard at least 4 people saying they had their wisdoms pulled, including one of my guildmates when I used to play WoW. It was kinda funny too how that guy said in the morning in the game "I have to log. I got to go get my wisdoms pulled" and later that afternoon, he was back on! Now that's determination! The next day though, he had to go AFK while doing a dungeon run in SM because "his mouf hurt".
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-04, 4:34 PM #8
I felt fine. I felt like playing guitar/singing all night.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-04, 4:39 PM #9
I had another ingrown toenail removed today. They're always fun. Lidocane or Novacaine shots into your toe and all.
2005-08-04, 6:05 PM #10
I passed out due to blood loss.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-08-04, 6:09 PM #11
My father took away my real painkillers and just gave me advil. He probably snorted them, and let me languish.
:master::master::master:
2005-08-04, 6:15 PM #12
My orthodontist just gave me the good news that I need to have mine taken out within 6 months. I guess there'll be something else to look forward to at Christmas time now.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-08-04, 7:12 PM #13
Thanks to the pain medication, I didn't feel too bad, but I ended up bleeding alot. So I basically ended up watching season 1 of Miami Vice for two days. Man, that show is awesome.
2005-08-05, 1:08 AM #14
My mouth was numb for hours, I was drooling over everything.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-08-05, 1:20 AM #15
Yeah, I was very numb for hours and I slept for a long time. I woke up many hours after the surgery, then 30 minutes later all the numbness had gone away and apparently my mother had switched out my gauze or whatever once, so I took out the new set and i wasn't bleeding anymore....so I went on with my day. Never even felt pain, never bled again..ate some chips and a hot dog the next day, gave back all the pain meds. This was a week ago...I guess it really is wisdom-teeth season. I got all 4 of them taken out. I guess I am lucky that mine was so painless.
Warhead[97]
2005-08-05, 5:32 AM #16
I was perfectly fine, like drizz.

I felt fine and wasn't in any excruciating pain. I mean, my cheeks were swollen and of course it hurt to have solid food, but sitting idly, I was fine.

I was very tired though. I slept a lot for about 2 days. I went to sleep at like 4PM, and woke up at 8 or 9 AM.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-05, 6:55 AM #17
2nd day, I'm still not swollen. A tad bit sore if I stretch my mouth like yawning, but thats it.
2005-08-05, 9:18 AM #18
You're incredibly lucky.

I felt like s*** when I got mine out.
2005-08-05, 9:45 AM #19
That's because in Texas they don't put gauze on your wounds they put a big hunk of left over bacon fat on your wounds so you don't even notice the pain while your sucking down a gallon of bacon grease every hour.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-05, 10:03 AM #20
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
That's because in Texas they don't put gauze on your wounds they put a big hunk of left over bacon fat on your wounds so you don't even notice the pain while your sucking down a gallon of bacon grease every hour.

:rolleyes:
2005-08-05, 3:49 PM #21
rofl
2005-08-05, 3:51 PM #22
Man, i'm supposed to get them removed but haven't. I'm guessing it costs a ton, any safe way to do it at home by yourself and some family/friends?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-08-05, 3:53 PM #23
All 4 of mine are coming out on the 8th, I'll let you know how it goes.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-05, 4:01 PM #24
Originally posted by tinny:
Man, i'm supposed to get them removed but haven't. I'm guessing it costs a ton, any safe way to do it at home by yourself and some family/friends?

All you need is some vodka and a steak knife.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-08-05, 4:02 PM #25
I was dead tired and bled all over the place, but no nausea.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-05, 8:04 PM #26
I haven't yet, but I will not be taking any pain meds. (I'll be knocked out for the procedure, of course, I'm not THAT crazy)

I'm just not a fan of pain meds. I've never ever used anything stronger than advil my entire life, and that's through multiple surgeries and other absolutely wonderful things. The docs just say I'm looney.
2005-08-05, 8:38 PM #27
My wisdom teeth came in nice and straight and I got plenty of teeth in my mouth. It's a ***** to floss back there though. It does feel like I have another set of teeth that could possibly come in. That'd be great for the top row (gap) but BAD for the bottom.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-08-05, 9:34 PM #28
I had my right side wisdom teeth out last week. Getting teeth pulled is far easier to deal with than getting cavities filled. At least in my limited experience. I highly recommend that unless there are complications you skip getting put under and just get the local.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-08-05, 9:38 PM #29
Heh. Still feeling great. Went out tonight with buds, ate whatever I wanted. Guess I'm lucky as hell.
2005-08-08, 3:34 PM #30
Got it done today. I went under for it and it was very surreal. I remember that I remembered parts of the procedure, but now don't recall which parts.

I feel fine so far, but I'm told the worst is in the 2nd to 3rd day.

I woke up and said I wanted General Tso's Chicken.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-09, 3:50 PM #31
I got mine out yesterday too. I bled a lot for about 6 hours or so, and it was somewhat painful during that time, but since then I've felt fine.
2005-08-09, 4:07 PM #32
So do your impacted teeth actually hurt before you get them taken out? [All 4 of my wisdom teeth are alligned correctly].
nope.

↑ Up to the top!