Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help
Help
2005-08-06, 12:45 AM #1
There’s a Brown recluse spider under my microwave, which is sitting on my counter. It was dark in my kitchen, I flipped on my light and that thing ran incredibly fast under the microwave. There’s also a lot of crap in the way, and considering how fast that thing moved, I don’t feel like putting my hands in any dark places. That spider’s poison can eat away flesh and I need your help on how to kill the *******. Options?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-06, 12:50 AM #2
Burn your house down.

Problem solved.
2005-08-06, 12:52 AM #3
An option without pissing off the insurance company maybe?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-06, 12:54 AM #4
Light the microwave on fire?
2005-08-06, 3:45 AM #5
Look in your telephone book if there are some professionals that can help you with that.

Or just burn down the kitchen...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-06, 4:04 AM #6
I don't live in an area where brown recluses even exist, but I was under the impression they were kinda rare; are you sure it's a brown recluse and not just a normal brown spider? Where I live, people always freak out and think everything is a black widow (when it's in fact, say, a wolf spider, which looks absolutely nothing like a black widow), but I'm getting off track. Sorry.

If you have bug spray, spray it all around the microwave then try to spray under it. Keep at a good distance. Remember that you can always wipe up the poison later, so it's not bad to lay it down thick.

If no bug spray, use a sponge (or toilet scrubber for extra reach without getting your hand near spider) to apply a thick, goopy line of soap (like hand soap or body wash or something) around the microwave, then try and flush the bug out with soapy water and mash it/let it die in the soap.

Powdered bleach isn't a bad idea to use as a perimeter, except be sure to clean it up unless you want bleach in your food. I think it causes blindness and death if ingested. Bleach in general is very bad for stuff that's alive, so a spray bottle of it (some liquid form of bleach, I don't think powder'd work in a spray bottle) could make a bug spray substitute.

It's 4 in the morning, so I'm probably as much help as those fire guys above... good luck.

QM
2005-08-06, 4:12 AM #7
Dump your microwave in the bath. Just be sure to avoid any arachnophilic hippies.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-08-06, 6:35 AM #8
Originally posted by Impi:
Look in your telephone book if there are some professionals that can help you with that.

The book itself is all the "professional" help you'll ever need.

*SQUISH*
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-06, 6:44 AM #9
Agreed. Lift up the microwave and swat furiously. If you're afraid of getting bitten, don some heavy work gloves.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-06, 6:49 AM #10
I'd go for that - gardening gloves should be ample - the fangs can't be long enough to get through those and your skin.
2005-08-06, 6:54 AM #11
Shotgun. :cool:

Seriously, though..just smack it with something..poke something under the microwave to get it out..then squash it.

Of course..since you left the microwave to post on Massassi, it could very well be gone. :)
woot!
2005-08-06, 10:08 AM #12
Originally posted by CadetLee:
Of course..since you left the microwave to post on Massassi, it could very well be gone. :)

It could even be in your bed, or maybe its watching you... Right... Now... BOO!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-06, 10:24 AM #13
check your shoes
2005-08-06, 10:24 AM #14
or maybe its on your back right now?
2005-08-06, 10:32 AM #15
Don't worry, there are almost no fatalities for Brown Recluse spider bites. Their poison reall just damages the area around the bite. Very painful stuff...but spiders have a hard time getting on people...their more better at running away.

(I'm considering Toxicology as a field to go into.)

To attack a spider, do what everyone else has suggested. Swat *Furiously*. Spiders have a nasty habbit of dodging. even when it's dead, smack it a few times.

Because there is a small risk of poison injected when the spider dies, wear a glove and use something to pick it up with. Not all poisons have to be injected, you know.

[QUOTE=Quib Mask]QM[/QUOTE]

Thier kinda average for a spider in the midwest area. They have weird markings on their back. That's all I really know about them.
2005-08-06, 10:37 AM #16
Mr. Stafford, when I read your post, it made me scratch my back...Jerk :(
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-06, 10:42 AM #17
I've killed bugs before using the air duster stuff that comes in a can....spray it upside down, and it shoots out a volatile liquid that immediately evaporates on contact with anything, taking the heat with it - and leaving the bug frozen solid.

Or, if you want to take the opposite approach, you can just get a can of hair spray and a lighter. FIRE!!!!!!!

>.>
<.<
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2005-08-06, 11:11 AM #18
It ran out and I shot it with a BB gun. Thanks people :) And I've done the dust air trick, it's awesome, try spraying it on your arm, it hurts kinda.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-06, 11:15 AM #19
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
It ran out and I shot it with a BB gun. Thanks people :) And I've done the dust air trick, it's awesome, try spraying it on your arm, it hurts kinda.

You shot it with a bb gun? Forgive me if I think your lying...but I do.
2005-08-06, 11:21 AM #20
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]You shot it with a bb gun? Forgive me if I think your lying...but I do.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, I get it, sorry, we call "airsoft guns" bb guns here. Make more sense now?
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-06, 11:23 AM #21
Originally posted by Space_Bandit:
Ohhh, I get it, sorry, we call "airsoft guns" bb guns here. Make more sense now?

I dunno...It just seems like it would be impossible to shoot and kill a spider with one of those things, unless you were right up close to it.
2005-08-06, 12:12 PM #22
The best way is to get a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle and suck the thing up.

No more spider!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-08-06, 12:15 PM #23
Wow, that air can trick... i've done it on my arms/friend's arms/hands etc, but never thought about bugs. Damn. New project.
2005-08-06, 12:23 PM #24
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
The best way is to get a vacuum cleaner with a nozzle and suck the thing up.

No more spider!

Except now it's alive and sitting in your vaccuum bag...
2005-08-06, 12:30 PM #25
When Space_Bandit said he shot it witha BB gun, I had images of JAWS with Brody cocking the rifle as this giant spider comes towards him:

"Smile you son of a *****. "

*BANG*

/spider guts
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 12:35 PM #26
Don't let this happen to you.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-06, 12:39 PM #27
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Don't let this happen to you.

[http://www.dbstalk.com/images/smilies/barf.gif]
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 12:59 PM #28
My thumb always starts to hurt after those pics :/
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-06, 1:58 PM #29
How about your foot?
http://www.brown-recluse.com/images/bite6.jpg
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-06, 2:20 PM #30
He's watching you.
Attachment: 6603/spidereyes.jpg (20,185 bytes)
2005-08-06, 6:00 PM #31
Leave it be?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."

↑ Up to the top!