Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Poor losers
Poor losers
2005-08-06, 10:46 AM #1
I'm sure you've all gone through this. You kill someone a couple times and they start saying you're cheating and hacking and what not. This is usually because they are on top usually, wherever they play, and then when someone knocks them down they just can't believe that someone is actually better than them and they must be cheating. I noticed this in both CoD, CS, and WoW(the Horde has dominated Warsong Gulch on my server until an Alliance BG guild formed and started whooping them time and time again because they were better coordinated, so quite a few members of the Horde have been *****ing non-stop at every little thing).

How do you deal with this? I can see three options available to me. 1) Rebut their claims. The problem with this though, is you can never win an argument against an idiot. 2) Ignore them. The problem with this is they are allowed to say whatever they want with no one calling them on BS. Ignoring them works for the shooters, but it's harder to do on something like WoW. 3) Make fun of them with satire and sarcasm. The problem with this option is the other side will usually be doing this too, thus transforming it into number 1.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-06, 10:49 AM #2
Ignore them, because it's just a video game and nothing more.
2005-08-06, 10:56 AM #3
Find out his physical address. The MBS will do the rest.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-08-06, 10:57 AM #4
This is why I only play LAN, because I know I can beat all of my friends sorely at any PC game .... :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 10:57 AM #5
If some dumbass rubs in the fact that he beat me for no reason other then to look cool, I just say:

"Uh, oh. I lost in a video game! What ever shall I do?!"

;)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-06, 10:57 AM #6
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
Find out his physical address. The MBS will do the rest.

I miss Nazgul.... :(
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 6:04 PM #7
I try to ignore them, but sometimes they say things so stupid I cannot help but ridicule them.
The trick is to ridicule them cleverly enough that its actually entertaining to the rest of the players. That annoys them even more =D
Sometimes that doesn't work, then I go back to trying to ignore them.
I know they can get to you sometimes, even though you know their full of it. It's still just so damn annoying.
Just try to take those accusations as the compliments they are.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-08-06, 6:19 PM #8
Kill them. Repeatedly. :p
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-08-06, 6:34 PM #9
usually i just ignore them.... i dont use the chat much anyway.... but if they get on my nerves they become a higher-priority target to kill over... and over.... and over.........
If i have to respond to it via chat, i would either calmly thank them for the complements..... or i would just make a nice little statement here and there that would shut em up, either by creepin them out, or by makin em look retarded.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.

↑ Up to the top!