Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stargate game axed?!?
Stargate game axed?!?
2005-08-06, 3:07 PM #1
NOoooo!
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25204

:( I an obsessed with this show. I own the first seven seasons on DVD and watch it on TV every Monday and Friday.
I was sooo looking foward to this game..
2005-08-06, 3:12 PM #2
IDIOTS! well to be fair their weapon models left a little to be desired.

But maybe I can ask to be on the possible new team as a modeller and texture artist now :D:D:D:D (humour me, jerks )
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-06, 3:17 PM #3
Hrm browsing stargate forums it's rumoured Valve might take up the game..
2005-08-06, 3:17 PM #4
Quote:
The title in its current form, initially scheduled for an October 2005 release, does satisfy neither our quality requirements nor the fans expectations. We will not release anything that does not do justice to this well known license.

This is good news, really. Ive seen the screenshots. They sucked.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-08-06, 3:45 PM #5
The game isn't REALLY axed... read the title [Edit: title == article]. The guys are looking for someone else to develop the game.

Tho I don't like how they get all their investment back AND the unfinished game. They got something for nothing... very underhanded and low of them.

2005-08-06, 3:54 PM #6
right now it's a legal dispute over who gets to keep the project and it's assets, if jowood gets it, then they can hire a new studio to produce it from the already made assets, if perception gets it it's a matter of finding a new publisher.

it's just on indefinte hold right now, but i'm defintly pissed at it, I was REALLY looking forward to this game.

DAMN YOU RUTHY! now you HAVE to finish your mod, cause I can't wait for this to blow over... we need some stargate fraggin!
The Gas Station
2005-08-06, 3:59 PM #7
I think they cancelled it because they finally realized they couldn't compete with Ruthy's m4d 5k1llz.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 4:47 PM #8
Phew, I thought it was "axed" in the sense that we'd never see a Stargate game... Would have been a perfect time for a Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scream. But yeah, let Valve do it, that'd be cool. Hell, you could retexture a headcrab and call it a replicator.
Stuff
2005-08-06, 5:02 PM #9
valve would probably want to make the game steam-dependant.

Oh well, at least we have Ruthven's project (it would be great if it could be ported to the sith2 engine at some point) , whenever that's going to be released.
2005-08-06, 7:40 PM #10
Would Valve really be that bad though?

Considering they already have things such as a really good P90 model

http://www.csnation.net/images/content/image_31157.jpg

And a really good engine which already has a few weapons and a body style used in Stargate, they would probably be one of the better choices for it. As long as they don't make MP (assuming there is one) like CS.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-06, 7:46 PM #11
Of course they had to do this after shutting down the Stargate Mod for Half-Life 2 :(

Ah well. bring on the JK mod!!!
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-08-06, 7:47 PM #12
I hope that the game gets finished in some capacity. Stargate needs a kick *** game to its name.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-06, 9:17 PM #13
Yeah, this game has to get finished one way or another
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-08-07, 5:37 PM #14
Valve?? oh man I'd sell my girlfriend off SO cheap for a chance to work with valve on it.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-07, 5:43 PM #15
She hot? Bid starts one dollar.
2005-08-07, 5:57 PM #16
About 99% certain Valve grabbed it.

At the end of their weekly update "Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve."

Yeah.
D E A T H
2005-08-07, 5:59 PM #17
*counts change* DAMNIT.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-08-07, 6:15 PM #18
Yawn. Show sucked. Game sucks. It was canned. Well done.
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-07, 6:18 PM #19
Both shows rock. You suck.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-07, 6:24 PM #20
Originally posted by Macro_Roshuma:
Yawn. Show sucked. Game sucks. It was canned. Well done.

you suck, yawn

:D
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-07, 6:34 PM #21
!

WTF! QUALITY ISSUES MY FURRY BEHIND!

You only had to look at the E3 preview to be hooked.

↑ Up to the top!