Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Buying a new car, need some help
Buying a new car, need some help
2005-08-07, 9:04 AM #1
Its between a 2000 Honda Accord LX with V6 Engine, and leather interior:

Honda Accord

Or a 2002 Infiniti G20 with everything the Accord has, except the engine in V4, and it has a CD Changer and about 2k less miles:
Infiniti G20

2000 Accord has really bad Transmission problems, and the Infiniti has a pretty flawless background..done most of my reasearch. Only thing I need help with is..the look. Which would you buy and why. Thanks.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-07, 9:31 AM #2
They're really similar... as far as "looks alone"... I'd say the Infiniti, based on everything you gave us, and the similarity of the styles/colors.
2005-08-07, 9:33 AM #3
If you don't know by no[sic] how to research and find the best [car] possible for you[sic] needs, someone hasnt been teaching you how to be a [car shopper]
2005-08-07, 9:43 AM #4
Used to have an infiniti myself, Q45, had it for years and it never gave us any problems. I say go for the infiniti, much nicer car too.
2005-08-07, 9:44 AM #5
If it were me, I'd go with the Accord, but I like to have power over gas milage. The G20 will be very reliable also, as it's built around the Nissan Sentra.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-08-07, 10:17 AM #6
I'd take the Accord anyday of the week. Hodna cars are rock solid, ESPECIALLY the Accord line. Friend has a 94 Accord that is over 200k miles, never had one problem with the transmission. His is a manual transmission, btw.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-07, 10:49 AM #7
I don't know anything about buyin a car, but I'd go for the Infiniti. The Accord's just gonna give you problems and you'll probably regret getting it. Accords are old people's cars anyways. :p
2005-08-07, 10:52 AM #8
Originally posted by mscbuck:
I'd take the Accord anyday of the week. Hodna cars are rock solid, ESPECIALLY the Accord line. Friend has a 94 Accord that is over 200k miles, never had one problem with the transmission. His is a manual transmission, btw.

Um, I thought he just said this one had a history of transmission problems?

Anyway, my girlfriend bought a 2002 accord new, with the v6. It's got a lot of power, which is nice, but the damn thing is too heavy for its components. In fact, it's so heavy it REQUIRES performance tires (which are hard to find with decent tread-life warranties), and at 52,000 miles, she's already ready for her THIRD brake job. And since the brakes aren't up to stopping such a large car, the rotors tend to warp very easily.

I think honda uses crap materials, too. The damn thing is about 3 years old and the leather on the doors and seats is already cracking and ripping (just from being sat on, it was never cut or damaged by anything else).
2005-08-07, 11:23 AM #9
buck: The 2000 line has a big problem with tranmission. It wasn't until their 2002 model that they really corrected the problem.I know Honda is known for reliablity, I was very shocked when I read this. A bunch of user reviews..actually more then 10 that I read at carpoint said that they had to replace their tranmission by 60k. The car that I would be getting is at 52k.

Thanks for the info Brian, that helps alot. I dont have a lot of money to be fixing these damn things, which is why I am not getting a truck.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-07, 11:59 AM #10
For car questions I suggest these forums:

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/

And believe me they know about more than just Acura's.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-08-07, 12:05 PM #11
Thanks man.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-07, 12:08 PM #12
go for the accord, its a beefy mother****er.

although you should check out a vauxhall vxr, they can flog like **** and handle smooth as ****.
2005-08-07, 2:27 PM #13
I like Accords.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-08-07, 2:46 PM #14
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]go for the accord, its a beefy mother****er.

although you should check out a vauxhall vxr, they can flog like **** and handle smooth as ****.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to live in Europe.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2005-08-07, 2:52 PM #15
imports?

they slide like bastards, and go for less than £30k if you ever get ****loads of money, they're probablys the cheapest ****off powerful muscle car on the market.
2005-08-07, 2:59 PM #16
G20, hands down. Much more refined luxurious and than the Accord, better looking (IMO), and very well a very well rounded auto overall.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...

↑ Up to the top!