Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I need a new mouse.
I need a new mouse.
2005-08-08, 10:28 AM #1
Logitech MX700.

Don't let people tell you that you need the high resolution optical sensor on the MX500 wired line or the MX1000's laser engine. For one, I'm pretty sure you're not a hardcore gamer and for two, you can't really take advantage of the high resolution unless you've got really high sensitivity in all your games and/or a really poor mousing surface.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-08, 10:34 AM #2
Try out other USB mice in your USB ports.

MX700 is nice, the MX1000 is great especially the feel, the design, etc. The battery lasts a very long time before you have to recharge it, and you can recharge it on the fly. Personally, I'm getting the MX518 because it's one of if not the best gaming mouse out right now. I already have the MX1000, but I can't find the charger plugin and the middle mouse button stopped working. We'll see how the 518 fares as it should be arriving any minute now.
D E A T H
2005-08-08, 10:36 AM #3
Now this is some crazy future-posting.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-08-08, 10:46 AM #4
Stay cleer of Microsoft periphreals. They suffer from sub-par engineering and poor build quality. I used to like them until I realized how bad they were.

If you want more battery life from your MX700, either buy some higher capacity NiMHs (the defaults are 1800 mAh you can probably get 2400 or higher somewhere online) or just put some alkalines in them. I put my MX700 in its cradle with alkalines, the charging light blinked red on and off quite rapidly. So it seems like it won't charge if you have alkalines in there...I'm not sure how, but it does. It normally blinks green when charging...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-08, 10:46 AM #5
Sorry, but personally I have no use for a mouse or keyboard that needs recharging. But maybe it's just me.
2005-08-08, 10:48 AM #6
It's not about the fact that it needs recharging, it's about the freedom from wires which, in certain cases, can be very rewarding. Trust me.
D E A T H
2005-08-08, 11:15 AM #7
My mouse currently stops working about every 5 to 10 minutes. I need a new one. Reccomend one. I want wireless, too.

Then again it might be my USB ports. My motherboard and stuff is getting somewhat old. I'm not sure what's going on here. Any thoughts on that before I decide to buy a new mouse?
>>untie shoes
2005-08-08, 11:49 AM #8
I have one of these (which I took from mom's old machine b/c my other mouse went kaputt) and it has not done me wrong thus far.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-08, 12:51 PM #9
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
I have one of these (which I took from mom's old machine b/c my other mouse went kaputt) and it has not done me wrong thus far.

My parents (and subsequently, I) had that mouse years ago. of course now. it litterally shuts down 20min in, and doesn't start up again until you restart the computer. Twas helpful to have an ambidextrous mouse however when i had tendonitis.
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-08-08, 1:00 PM #10
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
Now this is some crazy future-posting.

crazy indeed...

on the subject of mice, I've got the MX1000, i'm probably not using it to its full potential but it has definatly made an improvement in my gaming accuracy and I've got it setup so that the extra buttons make navigating through windows a breeze.

I was aware when buying the mouse I probably wouldn't need its super sensitivity but its the other stuff the mouse comes with, the 6 extra buttons, the design of the mouse that fits your hand, the rechargeable battery, all big plus points.

only thing that goes against it is its size and weight, some (not me) find it too heavy and big, personally I think they are just panzies... :p
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-08-08, 1:54 PM #11
The bad thing about new mice is that most of the time you need to accomodate to the shape before you know if it is good, or not.
But try them out first, nontheless. It can help with your decision.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-08, 1:59 PM #12
Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a guinea pig?
[img]http://dastardly.clare.cam.ac.uk/~cm319/pics/Einy raises nose.jpg[/img]
It hovers centimetres off the ground!

↑ Up to the top!