Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Trespasser
Trespasser
2005-08-09, 7:36 AM #1
Hi all!! Do you know where can i get Jurassic Park: Tresspaser?? I love that game but i lost my cd about a year ago.
2005-08-09, 7:38 AM #2
I remember that! It rocked. I'd also love to get this game again. :)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-08-09, 8:26 AM #3
According to a friend of mine who owns it the engine is so ill-coded that it still won't run above 10 frame rates with his current high-end PC. He finished the game anyhow though and loved it.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-09, 9:04 AM #4
worst game ever created.

The guy who wrote the physics engine is the same genius who invented the Xbox, back before Xbox Live made it good. Instead of determining an actual collision, it detected penetration amounts and applied a force to counter it. Meaning objects regularly passed through other objects, there was no friction and absolutely everything had some elastic properties. The design made no sense whatsoever.

But probably the worst decision was to put bumpmaps on everything - this made every single object in the game fall back to software rendering.
2005-08-09, 9:06 AM #5
Sounds like Jon could tell you. He seems like a fan.
D E A T H
2005-08-09, 10:28 AM #6
I think the game is killer :em321: some love it some hate it. :rolleyes:
2005-08-09, 11:00 AM #7
Is this the game where you're some chick and it's an FPS, and you can look down your own shirt? :confused:
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-09, 11:37 AM #8
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Is this the game where you're some chick and it's an FPS, and you can look down your own shirt? :confused:

Are you serious?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-08-09, 11:39 AM #9
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:

That's the one!
k
N
2005-08-09, 11:42 AM #10
[http://pcmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/trespasser027.jpg]

It got a 3.9 out of 10 on Gamespot. Sounds like a winner.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-09, 11:54 AM #11
That's hilarious.
2005-08-09, 11:56 AM #12
indeed.
2005-08-09, 12:51 PM #13
The heart tattoo represented the health, right?

The whole idea of the game was pretty good, it was just that the engine and coding sucked so deeply that it didn't turn out nearly as good as it should have.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-09, 3:24 PM #14
Well, I got to give it to them: I always wanted an FPS where you could actually see yourself when you look down (you know, because you do see yourself when you look down).
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-08-09, 3:25 PM #15
I have it lying around somewhere, and it runs just fine on modern systems (fps-wise), but it's still rather buggy. It's actually quite fun to goof off in.
2005-08-09, 3:47 PM #16
I played the demo.

I remember I sumhow killed a raptor with a pointy stick.

I also remember running into a few mods/upgrades of it somewhere.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-09, 4:12 PM #17
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Well, I got to give it to them: I always wanted an FPS where you could actually see yourself when you look down (you know, because you do see yourself when you look down).

There are quite a few of them these days... And by these days I mean as of about 4 years ago when Tribes 2 was released.
>>untie shoes
2005-08-09, 4:52 PM #18
:p :em321: But this game adds to FANTASY! When I look down, I don't see a glorious pair of tattooed bresticals.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-08-09, 4:54 PM #19
yeah, I was playing halo 2 at a friends house and realised "woah! I can see my legs!"
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-08-09, 4:57 PM #20
Turok will always be the best dinosaur game.
2005-08-09, 5:01 PM #21
Yeah, I have Trespasser. It's got flaws - but its fun. I could never beat it though - got stuck one part. Must try it again sometime
2005-08-09, 5:07 PM #22
I was a co-webmaster of one of the largest Trespasser sites on the internet, TrespasserNet.com. Unfortunately a lot of the community has gone belly up, but there have been MANY advances made with that game. People have now been able to tweak the video settings, create new models, skins, and even maps. Check out this site for a lot of current information: [url]www.trescom.org[/url]
2005-08-09, 5:09 PM #23
You can run it in 3dfx glide, right?

If so it'd be possible to increase the resolution using a wrapper like dgvoodoo. :D
k
N
2005-08-09, 5:18 PM #24
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi:
You can run it in 3dfx glide, right?

If so it'd be possible to increase the resolution using a wrapper like dgvoodoo. :D

There is actually a technique to increase texture resolution by editing the registry keys.

Quote:
Registry Hacks

You'll need to open the Registry Editor to change the following settings. To start it click on "Start", click on "Run", type "regedit" and then hit Enter.
A screen with a menu appears. Now, double click on "Hkey_Local_Machine", then on "Software", "DreamWorks Interactive" and then on "Trespasser".

• click on "Max Recommended Tex Dim" and set the existing value (80) to any value up to 100. This will double the Texture resolution.

• click on "Z Buffer Bitdepth" and set the value (10) to any value up to 24. The entire game will become more clear this way.

• click on "SwapSpaceMB" and enter any value you want. This will allow the game to create more "second" level files. But remember that the value entered is equal to your hard drive space you wanna use up. So don't set it too high, or the Computer might crash.

• click on "Gore" and enter a value between 1 and 3 , this will set the blood shown in the game.
2005-08-09, 6:30 PM #25
[QUOTE=The Jackal]I was a co-webmaster of one of the largest Trespasser sites on the internet, TrespasserNet.com. Unfortunately a lot of the community has gone belly up, but there have been MANY advances made with that game. People have now been able to tweak the video settings, create new models, skins, and even maps. Check out this site for a lot of current information: [url]www.trescom.org[/url][/QUOTE]
Back in the day I was a member of the THS.
2005-08-09, 7:56 PM #26
aw, it's a small internet after all.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-11, 5:07 AM #27
the game is so funny do to all the bugs and stuffl, like shooting raptors and they somehow get stuck in the air and stuff... once i found a tree that wasnt even connected to the ground.

↑ Up to the top!