Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ...why?
...why?
2005-08-10, 9:22 AM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/08/08/daylight.saving.ap/index.html

What good does that do anyone?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-10, 9:32 AM #2
It saves energy
2005-08-10, 9:38 AM #3
I dont see the point of daylight saving time at all.
2005-08-10, 9:40 AM #4
IT WILL BE LIKE Y2k ALL OVER AGAIN!

RUN FOR COVER
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-08-10, 9:55 AM #5
Am I the only one who thinks Congress should not be so powerful that they control TIME ITSELF?
2005-08-10, 9:58 AM #6
[http://aa.1asphost.com/finao/sklskd.jpg]

löl
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-10, 10:04 AM #7
Originally posted by Berlick:
I dont see the point of daylight saving time at all.

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html

Educate yourself.
2005-08-10, 10:27 AM #8
I'm just waiting for a futurepost here... :]

And oh nos, heaven help us, my TV shows won't record on time! I might miss Will and Grace while I'm out jazzercising! ... seriously, wtf
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-10, 10:48 AM #9
I'd much rather have the extra light in the evening, when I'm not at school/working.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-10, 10:52 AM #10
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:

I read it and I again I say "whats the point?"

Why not just set the clocks to one time everybody can agree on and LEAVE them on that (before anybody twists my words I am not on about every country using the same "timezone" or the clock stuck on one time all day :P :D ;) )
2005-08-10, 10:52 AM #11
Where are we going to get the 1.21 Jiggiwatts necessary to make this change?

MARTY!!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-10, 11:05 AM #12
Do they really think it'd be that much of a hassle?

A simple update for windows could likely change the date (and/or) time that it has to change... a lot of software relies on the system time anyway, so if it changes, I'm sure it'd change pretty easily along with it.

A number of phones these days get their date and time from the main servers for the carrier.

And for any device that doesn't... would it really be that much different to change it yourself now? Not everything changes on it's own now, it would just take a little extra work to get everything changed as necessary again.

We're lazy these days aren't we? Not that I'm not saying I'm not, because i most definitely am, but changing the time manually on some of my appliances or what-have-you wouldn't be much of an inconvenience, if any at all.
2005-08-10, 11:34 AM #13
Quote:
"Missiles won't be launching but it's still going to cause a lot of hassle," he said. Risks grow when "things advance to the point where you expect things to happen automatically and you expect it to be correct."

*sigh*
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-10, 12:00 PM #14
My only real concern is that we'll be out-of-sync with the rest of the world for 4 weeks out of the year.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-10, 12:25 PM #15
We're already out of sync with the rest of the world in several ways. :p
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-10, 12:56 PM #16
Originally posted by Wolfy:
My only real concern is that we'll be out-of-sync with the rest of the world for 4 weeks out of the year.

Daylight savings changes are different in Europe and the US already. I don't know about the rest of the world.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-08-10, 1:26 PM #17
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
We're already out of sync with the rest of the world in several ways. :p

haha
2005-08-10, 6:31 PM #18
Sucks for traders/bankers in Canada, because they have to stay at work an hour longer every single day because the American market would close an hour later than usual to them.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.

↑ Up to the top!