Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I once purchase a used game from GameStop and...
I once purchase a used game from GameStop and...
2005-08-10, 3:09 PM #1
Get screwed over completely. I got Beyond Good and Evil (GC).

The game always crashes in a certain scene. Upon closer inspection of the disk (which didn't come with a manual or the original box, but that was to be expected) I noticed that it had some sort of sticky substance on it, like some guy was eating doughnuts while prepping the disk for shipment (the carton disk bag had it too). The disk itself was full of hair too. The game still didn't work after I got rid of all that stuff.

And this is after I've ordered upwards of 7 other Gamecube games from eBay for the same prize, without any problems, finding the games in top condition every time.

So, let me get this straight:

1) No game box.
2) No manual.
3) A disk that obviously wasn't taken care of very well.
4) A game that doesn't freaking work.

In conclusion, used games from eBay from respectable sellers with a picture > this crap.

I've learned my lesson :\
2005-08-10, 3:12 PM #2
Happened to me with SW Battlefront. It takes minutes to get through the menus, and the sound never plays except for one level. :[

It went for like $40 too.
2005-08-10, 3:32 PM #3
if it still has any mess on it try white spirt. saved my games so many times
2005-08-10, 3:33 PM #4
I know all the guys from my gamestop, they are really cool. If a game doesn't work and you bought it used, bring it back and you can just get another one, or get your money back. They are usually pretty good about that stuff.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-10, 4:02 PM #5
What I love even more are the boxes that have clearly been opened, so you take it home and find out the cd key has already been registered to someone else. Hasn't happened to me personally, but I see already opened boxes all the time.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-10, 4:13 PM #6
you should see the EB store at the mall here... they remove the majority of their NEW games from the box and keep them in ziplock bags (anything under $5 they leave unopened)...

i went there to buy NOLF2 a while back... not only did they not give me the online price but when i took the discs out before we left and looked at them both had scratches

i refuse to pay new price for used condition so i got a returned the game and went to target

the other EB in town doesn't do this... guess which one i go to
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-08-10, 4:42 PM #7
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I know all the guys from my gamestop, they are really cool. If a game doesn't work and you bought it used, bring it back and you can just get another one, or get your money back. They are usually pretty good about that stuff.

Really? All of them?

↑ Up to the top!