Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tshirt Design
Tshirt Design
2005-08-10, 6:51 PM #1
Sick of paying over priced pricing on Tshirts, I think I'm going to start designing my own.
I'm googling this as well, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with T-shirt designing.
Any help .. and recomendation for cool designs welcome.

I could do a batch of Massassi shirts if ya'll were interested.. :)

I'd do it for no profit to experiment if there's enough interest in that.
2005-08-10, 6:55 PM #2
I already made the helicopter one. Working on the telephone poles right now.

I'm making them with basic stenciling. I love them.
Attachment: 6668/telephonepoles.jpg (27,000 bytes)
Attachment: 6669/helecopter.jpg (32,753 bytes)
2005-08-10, 6:56 PM #3
Well I use http://www.cafepress.com and http://www.zazzle.com for my shirts. I've been looking into http://www.spreadshirt.com because they have a greater variety of shirts, but I haven't tried them yet.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-08-10, 6:58 PM #4
I kind of meant buying the equipment/supplies to do my own printing and stuff.. not going through a site.
2005-08-10, 7:11 PM #5
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]I kind of meant buying the equipment/supplies to do my own printing and stuff.. not going through a site.[/QUOTE]

For cheap t-shirts, go to Wal-mart. They have 3 or 4 dollar tshirts.
2005-08-10, 7:17 PM #6
Oh I could probably get blank Tshirts cheaper than that.. (Bulk order)
I'm not worried about the actually T shirts.. just the printing process.
2005-08-10, 7:25 PM #7
Genki pointed me out to BOTAR shirts.
2005-08-10, 7:48 PM #8
My brother-in-law's brother started a T-Shirt design company, "Robots Will Kill." He has some designs screen-printed, and some of his earlier work spray-painted. Spray-painting the thick hanes undershirts comes out very proffesionally done, believe it or not.

I have this one. http://robotswillkill.com/merch/showmerch.php?item=181
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-10, 7:54 PM #9
[QUOTE=Bounty Hunter 4 hire]My brother-in-law's brother started a T-Shirt design company, "Robots Will Kill." He has some designs screen-printed, and some of his earlier work spray-painted. Spray-painting the thick hanes undershirts comes out very proffesionally done, believe it or not.

I have this one. http://robotswillkill.com/merch/showmerch.php?item=181[/QUOTE]
You know that guy??? Thats cool...I've seen robots will kill stickers and stuff. He's a graffiti artist right? Never mind I know he is..Thats awesome.
2005-08-10, 8:10 PM #10
I've been doing stencilling on tee shirts lately with 50/50 acrylic paint and textile medium. Fun stuff, and looks nice if you do it right.

Random tutorial I just looked up on how to do it.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-10, 8:23 PM #11
This is one MB gave me a while back, i've made 2 shirts so far, and they're great
http://www.stencilrevolution.com/tutorials/tutorialsview.php?id=2
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-08-10, 8:51 PM #12
whatever happened to that guy who was gonna make Massassi t-shirts and hoodies?
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-10, 8:53 PM #13
I thought up a tshirt today, too. It'll be that certain yellow and will say:

"Please Don't Pet Me, I'm On Duity."

And has

"Seeing-Eye Midget"

On the back.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-10, 10:11 PM #14
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]You know that guy??? Thats cool...I've seen robots will kill stickers and stuff. He's a graffiti artist right? Never mind I know he is..Thats awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yeah his graffiti is amazing. I've only seen it from pictures on the site and not in person though. His house and car, and my brother in law's car have tons of the stickers on them.
2005-08-11, 7:40 AM #15
I still would buy a massassi tshirt. And a hoodie if it's a zip hoodie.
2005-08-11, 7:44 AM #16
I would buy a Tshirt too.. just MASSASSI across the front.. but the hoodie would have to not be zip up.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-11, 7:46 AM #17
Oh we can have two, one zip style and one non zip.
2005-08-11, 8:27 AM #18
Yes, we'd need the zip version for those of you who can't be cool. Pull-over Hoodies > all other form of sweatshirt/hoodies.

Custom T-Shirt's would be cool, even if it'd take a little work to do them. I agree with you though, it's insane what some places charge for shirts. Good idea ;)
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-11, 8:33 AM #19
Zip hoodies are way cooler than pullovers. I used to favor the pullover design but then I saw the light and converted.
2005-08-11, 8:37 AM #20
ah, but my dear Warlord, zip-hoodies can't have a logo or anything on the front. But my current hoody sucks because..well..it's a walking advertisement for Mount Rushmore, and I woulda gotten an Adidas PULL-OVER yesterday if I didn't have the Rushmore one. And besides, zip-ups look cheap.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-11, 8:43 AM #21
Zip hoodies can have a logo on the front, it's just separated by the zipper. That doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I rather prefer it. Pullover hoodies get extremely annoying when you wear glasses and have a large head. :p
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 8:59 AM #22
*Points at Acheolis and laughs* Haha you've got a large head. FOUR EYES! Well, actually, I wear glasses too but I still prefer pull-overs. I've got a real tiny head, so I can wear little kid hats too, like this Sith hat I have that's meant for like 7 year olds. So...heehee. I just like pullovers because I find the keep the heat in better because they're generally thicker than zips and are more comfortable IMO.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-08-11, 9:11 AM #23
Simple, but to the point.
Attachment: 6671/shirt.jpg (18,884 bytes)
2005-08-11, 9:12 AM #24
Tis bigger because my brain is grossly large! -maniacal cackle-
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 9:30 AM #25
I think just plain:
Attachment: 6672/massassi.jpg (29,027 bytes)
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-11, 9:36 AM #26
The first would work well if you wanted to take it to a screen printing store and pay them a stupidly large sum of money to print it. If you want to do it the kickass DIY way Genki and I both posted, the latter would work best. You can really only do simple, vector-esque stuff that way.

Either way, I like it, and I like the idea of the shirts. :D
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 10:05 AM #27
Originally posted by Achelois:
Pullover hoodies get extremely annoying when you wear glasses and have a large head. :p

Yes. :o

If you leave the 'temple' part on people will think we're part of a cult. Which isn't necessarily bad, but any cult I'm a member of would have a far darker and more ominous name than "Massassi".

↑ Up to the top!