Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Homecoming
Homecoming
2005-08-10, 9:34 PM #1
No, not the football game or the dance or the drinking that may or may not ensue. I'm actually referring to the fact that I've finished my 15 month tour here in Turkey (after 16 months) and am waiting for my plane to board in like 3 hours. It's been an interesting time wading through the "red tape" and paying "fines", but I'm finally getting out. Time for some well-deserved leave and a trip to Japan...

So, share your arrivals home after extended time away or something...
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2005-08-10, 9:45 PM #2
I remember coming home from a 6 week long stay in Indianapolis, helping to setup a new Fry's Electronics. That was so awesome. To come home and sleep in my own bed again... best feeling ever.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-08-10, 10:06 PM #3
Originally posted by JudgeDredd:
I remember coming home from a 6 week long stay in Indianapolis, helping to setup a new Fry's Electronics. That was so awesome. To come home and sleep in my own bed again... best feeling ever.

Aye, its an awesome feeling coming back from a long trip to your own bed. It feels messed up though with the air conditioner or heater turned off for so long.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-08-10, 10:25 PM #4
My bed > Hotel's.
2005-08-10, 10:46 PM #5
I spent 6 months last year in Arizona, and I'm spending 6 months this year in Idaho. The thing I miss most, besides the people, is my mom's awesome cooking. The thing I miss most from being away is getting paid, working with cool stuff, and not having homework.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2005-08-10, 11:27 PM #6
Where in Idaho, Naythn? You could be within a couple miles of me and not even know it!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-11, 6:32 AM #7
Originally posted by Anovis:
My bed > Hotel's.

My mattress sucks. :[
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-11, 10:25 AM #8
I've been on some long backpacking trips, 2-3 weeks, and it makes getting home to a bed so much better because of the sleeping on the ground, the freeze dried food, and being dirty all the time.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!