Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Worst job you've ever had?
Worst job you've ever had?
2005-08-11, 9:20 AM #1
What's the worst (paying) job you have ever had? Why? Low pay? Bad working enviroment? Did you want it in the first place?
All is fair in love and war.
2005-08-11, 9:26 AM #2
I can't say I've had a bad job.. I've enjoyed them all I just have a problem with showing up on time.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-11, 9:45 AM #3
Bus boy when I was 13. Underage, needed the money, so I got payed for **** (something like 4.50 an hour) got crappy hours, and ended up cleaning the place up more than I did bussing tables, and when I DID the waitresses complained to me about how I never helped them out and I always helped out x waitress.
D E A T H
2005-08-11, 9:50 AM #4
Working underage delivering flyers. Pay was incredibly low, like fractions of a cent per flyer piece delivered. Worked out to something like 20 bucks a week with 3 working days, one of which very hard. Basically slave labour.
2005-08-11, 11:01 AM #5
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
I can't say I've had a bad job.. I've enjoyed them all I just have a problem with showing up on time.

Yeah, same here.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-11, 11:03 AM #6
Does school count?

If not, what Z@NARDI said, minus the showing up on time thing.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-11, 11:07 AM #7
Your mom.

...okay I never really had a bad job.
2005-08-11, 11:11 AM #8
Stone mill. Hard work, made 8 dollars an hour and my boss was a bastid. I got threatened to be fired at least once a day for the stupidest crap.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-08-11, 11:19 AM #9
Homebase or Argos.

Argos was just slave labour, monotonous work over and over only for 3 hours a day but I started at like 7 in the morning GOD it sucked. got about 4 pound 86 and hour.

And Homebase, well I was rather good at my job, least i thought so, g and many of the people were great (honourable mention = Ruth stanely xxx) but only got 4.18 and hour and the managers were morons and abusive, and I made the mistake of falling for a girl I worked with called .... Sharl grrr the crushinator, and pwnd my life for several months.

SO yeh, some memories of jobs I would like to forget.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-11, 11:24 AM #10
British Army.

Didnt get on well with some of the other recruits (some had actually joined because the Police had told them it would be best for them!).
The NCO's was a real pain in the rear, and I'm not talking about usually army training, the base commander had to tell them off now and again.
"The best chiefs available", not on our base they wasnt!

I've had a lot of low paid manual jobs but I enjoyed them because I had fun and a good relationship with my bosses.
2005-08-11, 11:27 AM #11
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat-catcher

ACTUALLY THIS IS MY FAVORITE PROFESSION
2005-08-11, 12:53 PM #12
Never really had a bad job either. I guess my worst would be when I worked at the Health Department as a clerk. Even though it was a fine place to work, the peple I worked with were terrible. Especially my supervisor. I didn't have set hours; basically it was a come-in-finish-all-that-needs-to-be-done-and-go-home-job. Whenever I'd finish everything she kept me after to get me to write papers for her classes :( I think I quit after they forgot to pay me for a couple months...
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-08-11, 12:58 PM #13
All those related to cleaning.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-11, 1:14 PM #14
Telemarketing.

My boss was someone i knew from HS and had MPD.

it sucked.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-08-11, 1:24 PM #15
I've only had two jobs..
My summer job and my school job.
School job was a pathedic excuse.. they just paid students so they could have jobs. We had twice as many people working than needed. Easy and relatively fun. Got paid min. wage though.
My Summer job rocked. Boss didn't care what we did. Smoked and drank on a daily basis. Worked 12 hour days and made a crapload of money. Got paid crap wage, but with the massive hours and overtime it added up. Add in a kick butt work atmosphere (TONS of hot chicks, and overall cool people) and you got an awsome job... untill they change managers and the new one is strict... (Or actually just cares how a business is run :))
2005-08-11, 1:31 PM #16
Originally posted by Ford:
Telemarketing.

My boss was someone i knew from HS and had MPD.

it sucked.

Dude, I'm soooo sorry.

Well, when I was 12 I babysat this one crazy family. The 6 year old threw a knife at me, missed me by inches. That's been my worst job.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-11, 1:31 PM #17
Movie theatre concessionist.

Minimum wage, angry customers, hot kitchen, kettles that spit hot oil. :(
2005-08-11, 5:21 PM #18
My current job, bussing tables, is the best and the worst all at the same time.

Good money, great people, crappy work, abusive boss.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2005-08-11, 5:37 PM #19
right now im a sales associate at a clothing store which is cool, the only job i hated was being a referee for basketball, got paid 7.00 a game and put up with alot of bull**** from the parents and coaches, i have since retired from that job
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-11, 5:48 PM #20
Walmart. I still have nightmares about that place.
2005-08-11, 5:54 PM #21
I would have to say fast food, even though I worked at walmart too. At least people didn't get pissy if they had to wait a few minutes like they do at fast food joints
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-11, 6:39 PM #22
My worst job was at piggly wiggly simply because of the $5.25/hour wage I made there. The only other real bad things about that job were A) Customers and B) A Shop Vac we had to use to vacuum the carpets that shocked you 80% of the time you touched the medal handle to move it (not a harmful shock, something like a higher than usual intensity static shock, but it still hurt).
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-08-11, 11:46 PM #23
babysitting or waitressing? hummm....
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-08-11, 11:52 PM #24
Editing for a Filming Company. That's both my best and my worst job. A completelly daft and self-centered christian boss who tried to intigrate religion into all of his work, thinking not paying people was ok when the video was being made for 'fellow children of god.' It was also my best job because I am now the boss of the guy who used to be over me. I own the small business under my parents name now, and make a steady flow of income, if not a lot. Plus I get to hire who I want, build a good and reliable team of filmers, as well as spend money on better cameras. Things my former boss never did.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-12, 12:06 AM #25
[to jorbo, who future-posted]

sounds ****ty.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-12, 12:23 AM #26
Merchandiser.

My first day, they worked me like a slave, so b/c I was a trainee I didn't get a lunch break, they considered the commute between stores as my break time. B******s. I had to stock magazines (worthless s*** like tabloids that is mostly geared towards chicks and deadbeats) in supermarket checkout counters. the first few stores weren't that bad, but the last store I had to stock was around 4 pm and I hadn't had anything to eat since about 10AM, and I was starving. As if to taunt me, there were loaves of warm french bread for sale right where I was working, and I was smelling them for about two hours and I couldn't stop to eat anything even though I felt dead on my feet from hunger. That was pure hell. As soon as my shift was over I immediately bought one of those loaves and ate the whole damn thing on my way home.

I was ready to quit after the first week but they let me go b/c they didn't need my help after all. I can't say I was upset at losing that job.
2005-08-12, 1:09 AM #27
MY current job.
I get payed 12,000 a year to get shot at and I can't quit for another 2 years.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2005-08-12, 4:48 AM #28
Originally posted by JorBo:
MY current job.
I get payed 12,000 a year to get shot at and I can't quit for another 2 years.

How's your dental?

;)
D E A T H
2005-08-12, 7:10 AM #29
ugh. Millitary. Wosrt. Decicsion. Ever.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-08-12, 7:40 AM #30
Paper Route!
5 years of getting up at 4-6am, people yelling at you if you got out at 6:30, and every freaking saturday they give you SHOPPERS... I never did then the whole time i had that job. Sunday papers were huge and sucked more, because of them I have back problems.. bastages
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-08-12, 8:18 AM #31
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
the only job i hated was being a referee for basketball, got paid 7.00 a game and put up with alot of bull**** from the parents and coaches, i have since retired from that job

That's why they pay lacorsse refs $40 a game here for youtj games and $60 for high school games.

The worst job I've ever had wasn't really that bad. It's just at the bottom of the list. I worked in a workshop that made displays for retail stores, and my primary job was cleaning the work shop. There was a lot of saw dust, wood scraps and such. By the end of the summer, it was a lot better though because I got to drive the truck doing deliveries and pickups, and I got to drive the forklifts.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-12, 9:18 AM #32
Originally posted by Avenger:
That's why they pay lacorsse refs $40 a game here for youtj games and $60 for high school games.

Ya, it was only because i wasn't a "certified official" that i made such a crappy amount per game, had i taken the test i would have gotten 20 a game, which works out to 20/hour, but i only worked on saturdays
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-12, 9:35 AM #33
A guy down the street and I once raked a lawn for 50$ a piece. This wouldn't have been all that bad except when you consider that it took us two weeks, we probably made a little less than a dollar an hour. And it snowed as soon as we raked all the leaves up. And the guy I was working with didn't work very hard. And he got the flue half way through.
2005-08-12, 10:03 AM #34
Boston Market Manager. Man, what a crappy job.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-08-12, 10:17 AM #35
Data entry *groan*
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-12, 10:24 AM #36
Originally posted by Jdogg0403:
Ya, it was only because i wasn't a "certified official" that i made such a crappy amount per game, had i taken the test i would have gotten 20 a game, which works out to 20/hour, but i only worked on saturdays

That's great weekend money. It can add up. It does for me, but I can work up to 6 games a day if I want to.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-12, 10:27 AM #37
I hate to say it, but I've become one of those guys in the stands right behind you screming into your ears "ARE YOU SERIOUSSS THIS IS THE WORST OFFICIATING I HAVE EVER SEEEEEN!!!!!"
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-12, 10:30 AM #38
So have I. I coached and reffereed this past season. When I watch games, I yell at the refs. I really get into it.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!