Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Where would you go?
Where would you go?
2005-08-11, 9:25 AM #1
If you could move out of the state/country/city you live in because you can't stand it.. Where would you move too? If your perfectly fine where your at, then say..

I'm rather sick of the way things are treated here in our control freak of a country called the US... It's a real shame what has happened to our system.. I'm not sure of where I would go but Europe seems so cool. I only got to spend 12 days there (going all over) but I think I would love to live in England, or Germany, or Switzerland.. they are so beautiful. It just seems alot more laid back in Europe... that's what I need right now.

This is sort of a rant because I'm currently getting screwed.. And it's because they don't give a rats ***.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-11, 9:28 AM #2
I would probably go to Canada (lol moving to Canada lolol) or the UK.

Or New Zealand.
2005-08-11, 9:32 AM #3
Doesn't matter to me
2005-08-11, 9:38 AM #4
If money was no problem, I'd move to New Zealand or somewhere in the UK. No point in just moving to another crap place in the US.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 9:41 AM #5
Canada, or anywhere on the west coast. Cali, Arizona, Oregon or Washington.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-08-11, 9:43 AM #6
Nowhere. I'm hearing some VERY bad things about Australia's government, Canada's government is hellbent on spending the average man's money for him, England has Tony Blair who I consider almost as bad as Bush, and those three really are the only viable options for me. Besides, I learned that despite the risks involved, the US by far has the best opportunity for you to achieve excellence.
D E A T H
2005-08-11, 9:43 AM #7
I rather like it here, but if I had to go, I'd choose one of these

-Spain (Andalucia - it has my soul and I don't even believe in a soul)
-US (Los Angeles or New York)
-Australia (with maybe another government and less spiders)
-Canada
-New Zealand
-Norway
-France (~Dordogne)
-Italy
-Greece
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-11, 9:54 AM #8
I'm liking all the votes for Canada. If I couldn't live here, I'd move to Mars.
Stuff
2005-08-11, 10:02 AM #9
I like the Bay Area, but I want to settle down somewhere out of the urban life, like in the Sierra foothills. It would be a great place given my line of work, it's beautiful country and I'd have easy access to the outdoors for recreational stuff. Also, it's not so far away that I couldn't come back to the city once in a while.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-11, 10:05 AM #10
i like it here i'll stay, its full of scruffs who always beat people up but we're the heaviest drinkers in the world and thats a fact i can live with.
2005-08-11, 10:09 AM #11
Why Canada? Why?

I would think about Europe (if I was forced out of the US), because it was nice during a vacation. But living there would be whole different story....
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-11, 10:09 AM #12
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i like it here i'll stay, its full of scruffs who always beat people up but we're the heaviest drinkers in the world and thats a fact i can live with.[/QUOTE]

I challenge that statement!
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-11, 10:11 AM #13
Weird. I'd love to move to America, I'm so sick and bored of the UK.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-08-11, 10:12 AM #14
Wien, or maybe Aarhus.
:master::master::master:
2005-08-11, 10:30 AM #15
The Midwest. Farm in some small town in the middle of nowhere.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-11, 10:36 AM #16
Iowa, to be with my lady.
2005-08-11, 10:41 AM #17
If I couldnt be in Australia, I'd be in Canada.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-08-11, 10:59 AM #18
I'd probably move northwards.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-08-11, 11:07 AM #19
Originally posted by Z@NARDI:
I'm rather sick of the way things are treated here in our control freak of a country called the US... It's a real shame what has happened to our system.. I'm not sure of where I would go but Europe seems so cool. I only got to spend 12 days there (going all over) but I think I would love to live in England, or Germany, or Switzerland.. they are so beautiful. It just seems alot more laid back in Europe... that's what I need right now.

You don't want Germany. Our politicians are as dumb as yours.

I think Norway would be great.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-08-11, 11:11 AM #20
[QUOTE=- Tony -]I'd probably move northwards.[/QUOTE]
"Ready the Chuck Wagons, put some water on the fire!"

"Saddle Up! We're moving out 'fore sundown!"

*YEE-awh*

/whips oxen
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-11, 11:14 AM #21
well i live in england anyway quite glad i dont live in the US.

England may be big and civilised and have great cities and towns and pubs and clubs and stuff to do, but I wish I could leave it all behind sometimes.

Finland was beautiful, would quite like to live there, although i already promised my self I would go and live in china when i'm like, 28, find a nice bit of asian crumpet in Hong Kong or some such. Hopefully not a trannie ;)

Canada also seems cool, and I miss my old beautiful home country, Scotland.

Scotland WINS.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-11, 11:16 AM #22
Originally posted by Ruthven:
Scotland WINS.

Aye, it does.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-11, 11:17 AM #23
Originally posted by Warlord:
I would probably go to Canada (lol moving to Canada lolol) or the UK.

Or New Zealand.

\m/ (same)
2005-08-11, 11:40 AM #24
Originally posted by Tenshu:
I challenge that statement!

we drink too much.

really, its out of control, itsa nation of binge drinkers who reguarly get into fights and other sorts of violent crime, its not jovial drinking, its overdoing it an consuming vast amounts of booze up and down the nation many nights a week.

Its fun to get hammered though.
2005-08-11, 11:53 AM #25
The UK has nothing on the Czech Republic when it comes to alcoholism.
:master::master::master:
2005-08-11, 12:14 PM #26
I kinda like it where I am, so probably nowhere. Or perhaps England, they don't seem to have mandatory military service thingamadings.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-11, 12:20 PM #27
I'd probably live somewhere in a small Dutch town outside of Amsterdam.

Norway sounds pretty good too.

I dunno, I'd just move to Europe.
2005-08-11, 12:32 PM #28
Back to Stockholm, Sweden.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-08-11, 12:40 PM #29
Back to Colorado. Texas has a state government that makes the federal government look good.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-11, 12:49 PM #30
Either Australia or North Dakota...maybe Alaska.

...somewhere that isn't New Mexico.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-08-11, 1:00 PM #31
Happy where I am in the suburbs of California. An hour from San Diego, an hour from LA, and 4 hours from Las Vegas. Woohoo!

QM

P.S. - Big cities suck, it's typically a bad day when I have to go to San Diego or LA.
2005-08-11, 1:39 PM #32
I like it in Utah, I think I'll stay here.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-11, 2:25 PM #33
Well, as I'm moving to Columbia in 3 days...there, I suppose.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-11, 2:41 PM #34
New Zealand.
2005-08-11, 3:16 PM #35
I'm happy so far in Ontario, but if I had to move.....Italy, poihaps? I do like wine and ruins. I suppose I'll want to visit first, before making my mind up :p .

If it was within the country, I used to want to move to BC, but I don't know now. I hear there are a lot of hippies out there.
2005-08-11, 3:21 PM #36
I'm not sure. I like the US, but I do want to live in a different state. Maybe live in the suburbs of Seattle or Portland. I love rain.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-11, 5:20 PM #37
Some tropical paradise as long as it doesn't have vast quantities of deadly wildlife and has broadband access. England is mindnumbingly dull, oh it's probably wonderfully quaint and picturesque if you're visiting, but it sucks to live here.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-08-11, 5:36 PM #38
I'm pretty happy where I am now (Netherlands).

Must be because I'm Dutch and everything is flat here but I'd love to live on a mountain or a green hill-land. And somewhere where it's warm and doesn't rain as much :(

More realistically though, since I want to go into game design I'll probably move to the US. ('Though there are some other options such as the UK, France, Germany, Canada or some wacky Eastern European country. I wouldn't move to Asia because of the major culture difference I guess and because I really suck with languages.)
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-11, 5:54 PM #39
I enjoy living in Kentucky, and don't plan on moving far from here. I would like to visit other countries though. New Zealand, Peru, Mexico, Australia, Africa, etc...
2005-08-11, 7:31 PM #40
ugh i hate Rhode Island i want to move back to Ohio
I should have aimed for your head when I had the chance....
My Space
http://www.myspace.com/crazyandrewl
Jedi Knight Myspace
http://groups.myspace.com/JediKnightDF2

↑ Up to the top!