Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How fast can you type?
How fast can you type?
2005-08-11, 10:58 AM #1
http://typera.tk/index.cws

Try this, I got 68 words per minute. How fast can you go?
Stuff
2005-08-11, 11:00 AM #2
I used to get 112 WPM in typing class. I got so bored that I played solitare :(

[EDIT:]

Game over

Your score: 353 keys per minute ~ 70 words per minute
Language/mode: en
Ranking: That was fast - you can still improve, though.
Comparison: 23% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 77% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: The manager tried to give the programmer a bonus, but the programmer refused it, saying I wrote the program because I thought it was an intereesting concept , thus I expected no rewared. The programmers of old were mysterious and profound. Absolute power is kind of neat. If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you clearly don't understand the situation. It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours. Marines for the extra day. When a JCL syntax error is detected or your job ABENDs, the window-oriented JCL debugger is entered. Oh, he didn't hurt them. That was long, long ago, and each day since that day, I've worried and worried about worried away. That's all custody means. Pelorat sighed.

Mistakes: saying(saying,), thought(though), intereesting(interesting), concept(concept,), ,(and), expected(expect), rewared.(reward.), about(and)

Well done!

If you want to see more of how you're doing compared to others, you can register (free). This enables highscore lists and other features. [Try again]
2005-08-11, 11:04 AM #3
I can type fast but my habit is to reread every sentence I write. I can't seem to type constantly for 2 mins. :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-11, 11:08 AM #4
Your score: 408 keys per minute ~ 81 words per minute

I made a lot of mistakes, though, because I kept habitually correcting the grammar. D'oh.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 11:13 AM #5
Your score: 257 keys per minute ~ 51 words per minute
Ranking: You've got potential.
Comparison: 49% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 51% have a lower or equal result.

meh, alright i guess

[edit]
Second try:

Your score: 283 keys per minute ~ 56 words per minute
Comparison: 41% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 59% have a lower or equal result.

[/edit]
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-08-11, 11:18 AM #6
39 Wpm.
2005-08-11, 11:18 AM #7
Game over

Your score: 410 keys per minute ~ 82 words per minute
Comparison: 19% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 81% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: A dream will always triumph over reality, once it is iven the chance, IF a guru falls in the forest with no one to hear him, was he really a gurua at all? Raffiniert ist der herrgott aber boshaft ist er nicht. The modest way in which I proposed my opinions procured them a readier receiption and less contradicton without a belief in hjumanity uniting I am hungry and incomplete. But what be bones that lie in a ho;e Socrates was mortal. You gonna pay it ? the will squirm noticeably. A bunch of the boys were whooping in the Malemute saloon; The kid that that handles the music box was hitting a jag-time tune; Back of the bark in a solo game, sat Dangerous Dan McGrew And watching his luck was his light-o'-love, the lady that known as Lou. Asw to your fist question, no cat out of its first fur can eer be decieved by appearances.

Mistakes: iven(given), gurua(guru), herrgott(Herrgott), receiption(reception), without(Without), hjumanity(human), ho;e(hole?), it(it?), ?(The), the(lobster), in(it), the(in), Malemute(the), saloon;(Malemute), The(saloon;), kid(The), that(kid), McGrew(McGrew,), that(that's), Asw(As), fist(first), eer(ever), decieved(deceived)

Well done!

---------------------------
Why was part of mine in a language other than english !
I am married to Wuss. He's beast.
2005-08-11, 11:29 AM #8
Your score: 385 keys per minute ~ 77 words per minute
Comparison: 17% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 83% have a lower or equal result.
2005-08-11, 11:30 AM #9
I had 92WPM (I would post the full thingy, but Safari was being stupid and wasn't loading the full page).

Out of all the mistakes I made, I spelled "the" wrong the most (as "teh")
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-11, 11:31 AM #10
Your score: 346 keys per minute ~ 69 words per minute
Comparison: 25% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 75% have a lower or equal result.

0 errors too, yay for backspace :D

This was on my laptop keyboard, and I was shocked I did as well as I did. Especially since laptop keyboards sux0r. :(

I could probably break 75-80 if I did it on a good keyboard and didn't try for 0 errors :D
2005-08-11, 11:34 AM #11
Gasp, no more 120 words.

Your score: 518 keys per minute ~ 103 words per minute
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-11, 11:49 AM #12
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]
This was on my laptop keyboard, and I was shocked I did as well as I did. Especially since laptop keyboards sux0r. :(
[/QUOTE]

I remember having the opposite problem in typing class a few years back. I was so used to laptop keyboards and could type crazy fast on them, but when it came to typing in class for a grade on those big, old, hunking school keyboards I ended up typing very slowly and making lots of mistakes.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-11, 11:58 AM #13
It's all about what you're used to.
2005-08-11, 12:24 PM #14
Your score: 433 keys per minute ~ 86 words per minute
Comparison: 10% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 90% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: He hid in the bushes to find out, which vitiated his premise but made him happy. Hello, GORRY-O! We learn from history that we do not learn from history. Psychologists think they're experimental psychologists. I don't have any use for bodyguards, but I do have a specific use for two highly trained certified public accountants. Just as the pupil was about to comply, the Master stayed his hand, saying, That is the 'Body of a rock'. An apple a day makes 365 apples a year. A computer salesman visits a company president for the purpose of selling the president one of the latest talking computers. That's the end of The Joke, but for you people who are still worried about George and Harry: they end up in the drink, and make the front page of the New York Times: Balloonists Soaked by Lawyer. Sic transit gloria mundi. The problem is, they usually want the rest of

Mistakes:

Well done!
2005-08-11, 12:30 PM #15
74wpm. It would have been better, but my brother came in partway through and started talking to me which screwed me up.
2005-08-11, 1:50 PM #16
116wpm on the last test I took..if I get bored enough, maybe I'll try this one :p
woot!
2005-08-11, 1:51 PM #17
I suck, 35wpm. If I already know what I'm going to type in my head though, I can go faster.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-08-11, 2:06 PM #18
88 WPM after barely any warmup time. I could probably hit 100 if I went at it for a while. The mistakes slow me down.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-11, 2:43 PM #19
Dang, I almost beat freelancer

There was this stretch where I kept going back and correcting words instead of leaving them as mistakes. Oh well. I don't need to go any faster.

Your score: 457 keys per minute ~ 91 words per minute
Ranking: Very fast.
Comparison: 8% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 92% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up. Is illegal fishing is something only a daring criminal would do? the sound made by a well bred duck. Higgins: Doolittle, you're either an honest man or a rogue. Okay, agreed Sam. He's really a very quiet man and doesn't even shout at me. O system services. Why, two years ago, my daughter was swimming in the lake and bumped her head and damned near drowned, but that pig swam out and dragged her back to shore. We might even, if we thought this way, have less crime. When traveling, never leave a country hungry. Being the chief witness, his testimony was vitally important. It's easy to see without looking too far that not much is really sacred. A woman physician has made the statement that smoking is neither physically defective nor morally degrading, and that nicotine, even when indulged to in excess, is less harmful than excessive petting. And now i see

Mistakes: nothing(Nothing), the(The), that(That), i(I)

Well done!
一个大西瓜
2005-08-12, 4:39 PM #20
Your score: 466 keys per minute ~ 93 words per minute
Comparison: 7% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 93% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: It was clearly platoonic. Build a system that even a foll can use and only a fool will want to use it. You tread upon my patience. I do not know why the color blue was chosen; I'm sure it was the reuslt of a long debate, spread over several meetings. But the hospital supplies a speical booklet that lists hundrds of first names and their meanings, said the orderly. Baker, and why is he saying those terrible things about me? In New York there are a million itneresting people. I may not be able to walk, but I drive from the sitting posistion. So, open your mouth, lad! Where you stand epends on where you sit. You', who is the one that wants to see it? Freedom beings when you tell Mrs. You cannot sue your friends, and have them too. I was struck by the beauty of the place. When angryk, count four; when very angry, swear. For there are momnents when one can neither think nor feel. They got into everything. What did you bring that book I didn't want to be read to out of about Down Under up for? Remember, at t

Mistakes: foll(fool), reuslt(result), speical(special), hundrds(hundreds), itneresting(interesting), epends(depends), beings(begins), sue(use), friends,(friends), angryk,(angry,), momnents(moments)

I started a couple of seconds late though. I made too many errors...
2005-08-12, 5:28 PM #21
Your score: 445 keys per minute ~ 89 words per minute
Comparison: 9% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 91% have a lower or equal result.

So far I'm in 2nd or 3rd! Woo!
2005-08-12, 8:27 PM #22
I got like 70 or so, but I find I can type ten times faster when I'm writing original text from my head and not just repeating words on the screen. It slows me down having to read the stuff first and then type it.
2005-08-12, 9:33 PM #23
YA WELL ALL YOUS GUYZ AER FASTAR THEN ME BECUZ BOTH MY ARMS SI BROKED. ITS TRUE lolz

haha teh yellinh filter sux
Stuff
2005-08-12, 9:52 PM #24
I use to type fast back in the day but my accuracy is pretty horried so my gross type speed is about 40 wpm but my overall is about 25 wpm :(
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-12, 10:08 PM #25
Your score: 259 keys per minute ~ 51 words per minute
Comparison: 49% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 51% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: The answers are eternally variable If Swimming is so good for you figure, how come whales look the way they do? if your child simply grows up to be someone who does not use the word collectible as a noun, you can consider yourself an unqualified success. And older student came to otis and said I have been to see a great number of teachers and I have given up a great number of pleasures. How many Unix hacks does it take to change a light bulb? ONly adults have difficulty with childproof caps. A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges

Mistakes: variable(variable.), Swimming(swimming), you(your), if(If), And(An), otis(Otis), said(said,), ONly(Only)
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-08-12, 11:47 PM #26
Game over

Your score: 276 keys per minute ~ 55 words per minute
Comparison: 43% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 57% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: To undertake a project, as the world's derivation indicates, means to cast an idea out ahead of oneself so that it gains autonomy and is fulfilled not only by the efforts of its orignator but, indeed independently of himn as well. It might be worth reflecting that this group was originally created back in september of 1987 and has exchanged over 1200 messages. Software suppliers are trying to make their softeare packages more user-firendly. To undertake a project, as the word's derivation indicats, means to cast an idea out ahead of oneself so that it gains autonomy and is fulfilled not only by the efforts of its orignator but indeed, indep

Mistakes: world's(word's), orignator(originator), indeed(indeed,), himn(him), september(September), softeare(software), user-firendly.(user-friendly.), indicats,(indicates,), orignator(originator), but(but,)

I cut my left index finger while pretending a soda can was a hand grenade before I did this.

zomz, suck
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-12, 11:52 PM #27
Come on people, you gotta beat the finn!

Quote:
Dang, I almost beat freelancer

I'm not Freelancer. :(
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-12, 11:57 PM #28
Quoth the site:
Quote:
Your score: 328 keys per minute ~ 65 words per minute
Comparison: 29% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 71% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Back came a signal Advisable for you to chage course 20 degress. At the first sign of trouble, open the first envelope. Life is a biochemical reaction to the stimulus of the surrounding environment in a sable ecosphere while a bowl of cherries is a round container filled with little red fruits on sticks. The man pulls into the farmyard and says to the famers, You know, the stranges thing just happened to me; I was driving along at at least sixty miles an hour and a chicken passed me like I was standing still! She lays the egg, rolls it over to the father, then takes off for warmer weather where she eats and eats and eats. Finally, all references flowing from a white, male eurocentric perspective have been eliminated

Mistakes: chage(change), degress.(degrees.), sable(stable), ecosphere(ecosphere,), famers,(farmer,), stranges(strangest), male(male,)

Well done!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-13, 12:03 AM #29
Quote:
Your score: 532 keys per minute ~ 106 words per minute
Comparison: 2% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 98% have a lower or equal result.

Meh. A test I took while I was in high school said I could type at 130.
2005-08-13, 12:09 AM #30
64 WPM. Two things -- this test was stupid because it contained lots of dumb and long words, and it's not the quantity, it's the quality.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-13, 1:38 AM #31
Your score: 434 keys per minute ~ 86 words per minute
Language/mode: classic-se
Comparison: 10% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 90% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: årgång utflytta makulera topologi upphäv koda avgör stånd bokförd malört vardera avråda republik nåde floriner flora ambulans nötter ögon avgifter varv inleda genial stängd kostnad läget adressater inarbeta vallmo risk partiell bokförings grävas sture bokförings lojal öppet utträda orsak lojal brutalitet avser satt recensera mirkwar mirkwar svägerska gener tyg sundsvall klient infödd käpp signal topologi orsak fall affisch invävt stre

Mistakes:

Well done!

Edit: going to do the sentence thing too...

Your score: 398 keys per minute ~ 79 words per minute
Language/mode: se
Comparison: 13% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 87% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Hunden såg på sin herre oroligt, ty han var ej van att se honom sådan. Alla är inte eniga om att allt detta är något negativt, men det lär vi märka någon dag (om vi lever den dagen). Men främlingarna som de bortvisade från sin tröskel, voro den helighe Josef, himladrottningen Maria och världens frälsare. Nej, svarade Singoalla och satte sig på stranden bredvid Erland; dp jag skildes från dig var jag icke längre ond; jag tyckte tvärtom, att du var den vackraste gosse jag någonsin sett; till och med din vrede gjorde dig icke ful. Riddaren skulle med svårighet läst de ord, som voro skrivna på pergamentet, men av det stora vaxsigillet, som fanns därpå med romerska rikets vapen,. förstod han att detta var lejdebrevet varom patern talat. En bygdens dotter var hon icke, det märkte Erland av hennes later, klädsel, sång, som ltä helt annorlunda än de

Mistakes: främlingarna(främlingarna,), helighe(helige), dp(då), dig(dig,), vapen,.(vapen,), han(han,), lejdebrevet(lejdebrevet,), ltä(lät)

Well done!
2005-08-13, 1:57 AM #32
TwelvE
[(5*4)-(24/2)]+[(4)^(1/2)]

I just noticed and like to point out that somebody's math neurons are shot. I would also like to point out that I have too much time on my hands... :D

Anyway, does anyone have any weird typing techniques? For some reason, I type correctly with my left hand in place on the left side of the keyboard, and my right index finger covers the rest of the keyboard.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-13, 4:39 AM #33
Yeah ProdigyOddigy, I have tried out that myself and it turns out wrong :P

As to technique, I hold my left hand fingers (except the thumb) on ASDF and and my right hand fingers (except the thumb) on JKLÖ (swedish keyboard)...
2005-08-13, 10:28 AM #34
257 words per minute, but I just kept tapping "f" and the spacebar over and over. I spelled every word wrong, as such:

f(barbarian)
f(fumigate)
f(enlarge)

And so on. At first I mashed the keyboard, typing stuff like ;salkjdfsa; and asjkhdsa , but that was more trouble than it was worth.

------------------------------

Ok, here's where I actually tried:

Your score: 300 keys per minute ~ 60 words per minute
Language/mode: classic-en
Comparison: 30% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 70% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: stuffed drawling geese bewilder throttle taster unclosed antiquarian yellow fabulously religiousness imperil scaly baseman lightly dromedary inertial refills shrewdest hugeness wrangled husking burst covetous sultry solicit psalms tremble brambles microphone generically extrapolate intimation write

Mistakes:

Well done!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-13, 11:01 AM #35
I don't like that program very much at all. I type at least 80 WPM, but because you can't backspace and fix mistakes in previous words, the font is gross, and the formatting of the entire page is horrible, I'm getting more like 60 something. Plus everyone knows that logical typing is far faster than random jumbles of sentances.

And when Its me who's typing from my own head, I type something like 110 WPM

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-17, 10:51 PM #36
Game over
Your score: 260 keys per minute ~ 52 words per minute
Comparison: 48% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 52% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: The force is what holds everything together. Cut down some trees and let us live there, say the snakes. You can't teach seveen foot. What with chromodynamics and electrweak too Our Standardized :Model should please even you, Tho' once you did say that of charm there was none It took courage to switch as to say Earth moves not Sun. Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz. It's hard to think of you as the end result of millions of years of evolution. A world lacking gravy is a tragic place! The Lord Chief Justice of Orbury was asked to donate a shi

Mistakes: force(Force), seveen(seven), electrweak(electroweak), :Model(Model)

Well done!
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-08-17, 10:56 PM #37
if "L O L" "O M G" and "W T F " count as a words then I can type REALLY fast

LOLOMGWTFLOLOLOLOLOL
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-18, 6:02 PM #38
That program really sucks ***. I have relatively high WPM if i know what I'm talking about, like for example this post, i know what i want to say thus my WPM is though the celling, but when i have to read and type at the same time, forget it, it ****s me up bad.

Your score: 296 keys per minute ~ 59 words per minute
Comparison: 37% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 63% have a lower or equal result.

Anyway i calucated that i could do approx 90+ WPM if i knew what i wanted to type and so forth.

I did that by taking a 5,000 word post i made and divide it by the amount of time that it took to do it, and its usually an hour to hour and half per 5,000 word posts.
Echoman: If I can create energy from stupidity, the world's power supply will never end...
2005-08-18, 6:08 PM #39
Your score: 202 keys per minute ~ 40 words per minute
Ranking: Not bad!
Comparison: 66% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 34% have a lower or equal result.

You typed: Windows Airlines The terminal is very neat and clean, the attendants all very attravtive, the pilots very capable. I never expected to see the day when girls would get sunburned in the places they do today. The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey. It's great to be smart 'cause then you know stuff. The dog has certain relationships to the wolf the shepherd may have forgotten Munching the tasty grass, The Sacred Chao replied MU. L

Mistakes: Airlines(Airlines:), attravtive,(attractive,), forgotten(forgotten.)
Wes Darklighter
|Theed|
2005-08-18, 8:33 PM #40
Yay, I did it again and I got a little better:

Your score: 200 keys per minute ~ 40 words per minute
Ranking: Not bad!
Comparison: 67% of registered TyperA users using this language have typed a better result; 33% have a lower or equal result.

My accuracy is still horried though, especially when it came to punctuation.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!

↑ Up to the top!