Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Cool stock game to boost Serenity popularity
Cool stock game to boost Serenity popularity
2005-08-12, 10:01 PM #1
Ok guys, I was reading on the Serenity Forums over at http://www.serenitymovie.com/ about investing stock in Serenity. I figured out with a little research that they were talking about this cool little virtual stock market (no real money, all digital fake money) called the Hollywood Stock Exchange. Here, you are given 2million hollywood $, and allowed to invest in various movies for the sole purpose of... having fun and making more money so you can invest in more stuff.

I think it's fun, and I've created an acount and put most of my funds into the Serenity/Firefly account, with the tag, FRFLY. I'm posting for 2 reasons:

1. I wanted to introduce those who are unaware of HSX (hollywood stock exchange) to the very interesting and fun stock website (might need a little economics/math/stock background to use it though :P.

2. I want you to invest as much as you can into the Serenity/Firefly stock!

Now, if you don't know what Firefly and/or Serenity are, please go buy Firefly: the Complete series, for 30-40 bucks, or do a quick google search, or may god have mercy on your soul! (jk)

That's all!

thanks
-Veg
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-08-12, 10:06 PM #2
Already have an account. I've made abut a $1 million jsut messing around with it from time to time over the past six months or so.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-13, 10:47 AM #3
Wow, $47 for a piece of FRFLY? UNfair. I'll wait a bit.

On second thought, no. Woot, 25000 for me... at a Price of 1.1 million.

[EDIT] Who does Chiwetel Ejiofor play in the movie? [/EDIT]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-13, 1:57 PM #4
Judging by what his character says in the trailer, I'm pretty sure he's a bad guy/bounty hunteresque person who's after River.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-08-13, 2:24 PM #5
Seems like a neat idea!

Would this virual stock market crash though?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!