Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → This is a consumer question
This is a consumer question
2005-08-13, 10:07 AM #1
Is there any place I can purchase and download entire CD's? I'm looking to buy up all of Modest Mouse's CD's, and I don't want to wait for them to come, and I don't want to pay shipping.

I REALLY don't want to have to sign up for anything. I want to do it [like] ebay style where I can just give them my paypal, download the songs, and never HAVE to use the site again. I also don't want the music copywritten or anything because I want to burn it to a disk, obviously. I also want normal formats like MP3 etc.

Any suggestions? Best prices?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 10:10 AM #2
iTunes. Shut up if you aren't happy! SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! BE HAPPY DAMMIT!

I need to go.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-13, 10:10 AM #3
I also wouldn't mind previewing all the songs on the CD to see if I'll like it. It's likelly, considering all of the CDs they've made, that I'll hate 1 of their earlier CDs or whatnot if it doesn't have the flare I like in antartica and good news.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 10:11 AM #4
You can do all that on iTunes...Yup. Yessirebob you can.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-13, 10:13 AM #5
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
iTunes. Shut up if you aren't happy! SHUT YOUR FILTHY MOUTH! BE HAPPY DAMN IT!

You have to sign up for iTunes, don't you? And that's 99 cents a song, which tuns out to be like 20 bucks a CD [especially since modest mouse has like 20 songs on each CD, and there are intro and space filling songs while I don't need them, I sort of want the whole CD] which is too much. Not to mention, doesn't iTunes encode the music so it can only be played on your machine, or iPod? That's not cool. I'm sort of BUYING the file, and it's MY file.

Plus I doubt iTunes has the older CDs.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 10:14 AM #6
how about going to a shop and buying a tangible item?
2005-08-13, 10:14 AM #7
Allofmp3.com, used them for about a year now. Each cd will be around $1.50

[edit]
They've got 5 of them.

http://catalog.allofmp3.com/mcatalog.shtml?group=13737&albref=14
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-08-13, 10:17 AM #8
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]how about going to a shop and buying a tangible item?[/QUOTE]

CD Shopping here is HORRIBLE. Absolutelly HORRIBLE. It's VERY rare I find any CD that the people at the desks have heard of. And if they have, it's usually a rather mainstream band. Seriously, it's sad how deprived this town is of music. Nothing older than 2000, and nothing unless it's been on MTV. Even the music store at the mall is tiny, and has nothing.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 10:20 AM #9
Originally posted by NoESC:
Allofmp3.com, used them for about a year now. Each cd will be around $1.50

[edit]
They've got 5 of them.

http://catalog.allofmp3.com/mcatalog.shtml?group=13737&albref=14

You mean they ONLY have 5 of them.
[But I'm definetly going to get those.]
http://www.lyricsondemand.com/m/modestmouselyrics/
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 10:22 AM #10
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
You have to sign up for iTunes, don't you? And that's 99 cents a song, which tuns out to be like 20 bucks a CD [especially since modest mouse has like 20 songs on each CD, and there are intro and space filling songs while I don't need them, I sort of want the whole CD] which is too much. Not to mention, doesn't iTunes encode the music so it can only be played on your machine, or iPod? That's not cool. I'm sort of BUYING the file, and it's MY file.

Plus I doubt iTunes has the older CDs.

JediKirby

iTunes sells CDs for about 10 bucks a piece, and songs for 99c individually.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 10:26 AM #11
These are the Modest Mouse CDs iTunes has:
Attachment: 6730/Image1.jpg (48,742 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!