Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2
2005-08-13, 3:44 PM #1
Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but search came up with nadda. (surprising?)

Anyways so yea, I'm picking up this game next week. My friend convinced me to go to a gaming center in town and played a local game there for a couple hours with 6 of us. Met two kids from Middle School I hadn't seen in years there, and the owner was pretty cool. So yea, played BF2 and loved it. Picking it up Thursday when I get my paycheck.

Was wondering who here plays it regularly and what are you're online names?
I don't do the clan thing, but is there a Massassi one, just out of curiosity?
2005-08-13, 3:49 PM #2
/me goes to Wal-Mart and buys
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-13, 4:08 PM #3
/me deficates on 56k modem.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-13, 4:43 PM #4
BF2 is awesome...until you start running into the bugs. I plan on picking it up soon, however.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 4:53 PM #5
It's somewhat fun, but I still can't get over the cheesiness factor. The game just FEELS bland. I don't know, maybe I'm too used to games NOT made by EA.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 5:00 PM #6
Eh....
I'm not a fan. It's fun when I actually get to play it. Its such a system hog, it takes soo long to load.
2005-08-13, 5:02 PM #7
Are you kidding? It's the fastest running FPS I own. Beats HL2 by a whole minute at least. And I can alt tab out and everything runs smoothly. My HL2 won't wait 2 or even 3 minutes before it actually lets me out of the game to my desktop after alttabbing.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-13, 5:04 PM #8
It's the opposite for me. I can be in a CS:S game in like 20 seconds with 40 people.

The BF2 demo just bogged down my system if I tried alt-tabbing and it took longer then HL2 to load - a lot longer
2005-08-13, 5:05 PM #9
Ditto. HL2 and its mods run pretty smoothly. BF2...not so much.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 5:08 PM #10
Odd. What could be doing that to my computer for HL2?
[I am not running a disk for either game >.> <.<]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!