Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You do NOT know the meaning of PAIN
You do NOT know the meaning of PAIN
2005-08-14, 5:57 AM #1
Until you've had a literal patch of skin transform into a patch of zits wih no space inbetween them. It's like ****ing War of the Worlds Zits on my chin just under my lips. The zits are ****ing fighting for control. ZIT COMBAT! Worst thing, is that the zits are not the normal kind of bumpy red ones, but the flat dispigmented ones [still red, but different] that take forever to go away because they're covering the pore, rather than underneith it.

And I used to be a lot worse, but the older I get, the less I get. The reason I'm breaking out so bad now is that i went camping for 12 days without propper face washing or medication [The meds keep my face consistant], then went to Japan for another 10 days, forgetting my face medication and facial soap and having no way to buy more because my host father [who was actually pretty fluent in english] didn't understand facial soap or why I'd need it or even zits. So now I'm back and taking the meds again which push out the pores before keeping them clean, which means I'm breaking out WORSE than I was without propper washing etc.

I'm not kidding you, if I even brush that side of my face, I shudder and my eyes water and I get a 2 or 3 minute headache from the intense pain.

Haha, SavageX isn't the only gross one!

I have never made a thread this angsty before :gbk:

Share your zit stories!

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 6:09 AM #2
Moral of the story: wash your face.

Sucks.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2005-08-14, 6:12 AM #3
Chances are his acne is severe enough that he needs to do more than just wash his face. He's probably got prescription face washes. If not, he should really see a dermatologist...

I used to have mild/moderate (severe is BAD, mine was just quite ugly), it's gotten much better in recent years. Right now I'm on a total of four prescription and one over the counter medication for my acne...a benzoyl peroxide facewash, 8%, a pyrithion zinc wash bar, 3%, Clindagel topical antibiotic, 0.1%, Retin-A Micro 0.1% and an oral antibiotic. And it's still not enough. But it helps a lot.

Also, kirby, try over the counter pain killers. Ibuprofen or acetominophen (Tylenol), aspirin probably won't work. If the starting dosage isn't enough, take a few more. Prescriptions of that stuff are often given in higher dosages, and it's very hard to OD, taking more just usually dulls the pain more. However, I'm not responsible if you like, die.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-08-14, 6:42 AM #4
Originally posted by Emon:
a benzoyl peroxide facewash, 8%, a pyrithion zinc wash bar, 3%, Clindagel topical antibiotic, 0.1%, Retin-A Micro 0.1% and an oral antibiotic. And it's still not enough. But it helps a lot.

I'm on all of the above minus retin-a because it never did a thing for my skin.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 9:00 AM #5
I used to have horrible acne, it's mostly cleared up now though. I had a few different prescriptions for it; I wish they would have given me Accutane though...
Stuff
2005-08-14, 10:18 AM #6
Boil some water and use the steam to soften them up, then pop'em?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-14, 10:25 AM #7
Mine is heriditery. My mom has, to this day, an acne problem and she's 45. Despite all the care I brought to keeping face clean, the acne just kept surfacing. Finally I was put on accutane and let me tell you. That stuff WORKS. It sucks all the water out of you and for the first six months of treatment, you have to have blood drawn every month. But damn, did my face clear up like none other. This could be an option for you.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-14, 10:34 AM #8
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Mine is heriditery. My mom has, to this day, an acne problem and she's 45. Despite all the care I brought to keeping face clean, the acne just kept surfacing. Finally I was put on accutane and let me tell you. That stuff WORKS. It sucks all the water out of you and for the first six months of treatment, you have to have blood drawn every month. But damn, did my face clear up like none other. This could be an option for you.

I've never heard of that. What are the risks?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 10:35 AM #9
Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Boil some water and use the steam to soften them up, then pop'em?

They aren't that kind. If you've got a zit problem, you know what I mean.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 10:36 AM #10
I've never really had a problem with it. Lucky me.
2005-08-14, 10:42 AM #11

DO NOT TAKE RO ACCUTANE!!!

My skin dried up when I was 19 from it, and spots got better, but its not worth it.
Side effects:

Depression
Tiredness
Lack of bodily fluids (you become a dried husky corpse)
skin falls off
eyes go red
Random pains

I took all sorts of meds for my skin until one day, when I was 20years old and 7 months, my mum picked something called QUINODERM, a topical oitment for the skin, white cream, the skin absorbs it. After one week, my face was pale, because I no longer had spots.

Since I first started using quinoderm I have never looked back. You've all seen pics of me, I dont really have spots do I? Exactly, thats the quinoderm (and of course as we get older our skin gets smoother and harder)

Over washing doesnt help, and the only way to kill a white head, is to get a sterilised needle and pop it, rather than squeeze it and scar your face.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-14, 10:44 AM #12
I'm very sketchy about trying different stuff. Is this quo whatever only available in the UK? And is it Perscription in the US? I don't want to take things that I don't know or my doctor doesn't know.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 10:47 AM #13
http://www.quinoderm.com/splash_treatment.htm
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-14, 10:50 AM #14
Can't say that I've ever had that kind of a problem with acne, though the intense pain I'm feeling in my mouth and throat from just having had my tonsils and adanoids out a couple days ago isn't pleasant at all.
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-14, 10:51 AM #15
The best thing probally for you to do is actually do what Emon said and visit a dermatologist.

The reason your face is clearing up as you get older is because your testosterone levels are not busting out like you did when you hit puberty. As you get older, it is more controled in your body and your face will clear.

I'm useing a facial scrub called Biorè, which contains 10% benzoyl peroxideand 2.0% Salicylic acid....which quite frankly, is all I need. But my skin is different from yours, so it might not work for you.
2005-08-14, 10:52 AM #16
maybe but when the pain comes from bad acne that others can see, the pain can be emotional as well when you feel embarrassed from it
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-14, 10:55 AM #17
Of course! Emotional reactions are quite another reason for acne. And for me, so are certain foods (specifically candy bars).
2005-08-14, 10:57 AM #18
When I use to work at McDonald's, I got acne bad. Lots of free greasy food != oil free skin!
Life is beautiful.
2005-08-14, 10:58 AM #19
I've never really had a problem, just the usual teen spots. They die eventually, naturally... or from spot-cream stuff.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-08-14, 11:02 AM #20
I do see my dermatologist, regularly. We've been using different stuff and switching around a lot. He says my acne is the most stubborn he's ever dealt with, just not the most severe. He's got me as a level 8 out of 10, but says I fluxuate from 9 to 6. I tend to level off at a 7 when treatment is regular. 7 zits are easy to deal with, and fade quickly.

He is really cautious about using depressant pills and stuff that can mess with people.

Jedikirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-14, 11:07 AM #21
What I hate is how my face will be clear, then the next day I wake up with a ****ing huge mother****er on my chin or where ever, and then they just start back up again. **** does it anger me.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-14, 11:28 AM #22
I went on accutane for little while. The stuff worked wonders, but ever since my lips always feel dry. It pisses me off. They feel chapped 24/7 unless I constantly keep chapstick or something on them
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-14, 11:29 AM #23
Don't be such a wimp.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2005-08-14, 11:40 AM #24
Originally posted by Sol:
What I hate is how my face will be clear, then the next day I wake up with a ****ing huge mother****er on my chin or where ever, and then they just start back up again. **** does it anger me.

haha i feel you.

i suggest anyone with acne problems go to acne.org and work out their problems. they have product reviews, and other very interesting information to help you fight acne. for me, this seems to work (and i had mild/moderate acne):

Morning

1a (optional). Wash face with tea tree oil soap bar (or any acne cleanser would do it, like phisoderm or something. preferrably with salicylic acid)

1b. Wash face again with Rosanil (prescription cleanser that consists of sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfur 5%). The sulfur acts as an antimicrobial agent, and the sodium sulfacetamide dries the top layer of your skin, promoting keratolysis (or the shedding of the top layer of skin) to unclog pores and smoothen skin texture.

2. Wait for your face to dry. Then apply, very liberally, 5% BP (benzoyl peroxide) cream/gel. I use the proactiv repairing lotion, but it's basically no different than the cheap 5% creams you can get at the local drug store. BP is also an antimicrobial agent.

3. Apply your favorite moisturizer. I use Sensy Gel (something you can't get in the States, unfortunately), but when this runs out, Complex 15 is what I'll probably be getting for my moisturizing needs.

4. Apply sunscreen. I use Neutrogena's UltraSheer Dry-Touch sunblock SPF 45. It's the BEST sunblock I've ever used! It doesn't smell like the beach (not too much, anyway) and there's no greasy sheen on your face like other sunblocks.

Night

1. Repeat Morning 1a and 1b.

2. Wait for your face to dry. Then apply Tazorac (prescription drug with tazarotene, a retinoid like Accutane). Tazorac is basically Accutane that you can put on your face like a cream, but it doesn't have all the nasty side effects. As a retinoid, it will also smoothen the texture of your skin too! It comes in cream or gel form, gel form being the stronger one.

3. Apply moisturizer.

I'm on my "maintenance" phase, where all I have to do is just prevent new pimples from appearing. My scars, if I had any, are basically nonexistent, but I have some hyperpigmented areas (dark spots). Anyone know how to get rid of these? I was thinking of using facial peels and microdermabrasion kits you can buy OTC, but I'm a bit skeptical.
2005-08-14, 12:15 PM #25
I used to have frequent breakouts of acne - nothing too horrible, but unsightly all the same. I tried lots and lots of things, but ended up with Proactiv. Stuff works like a dream (although make sure rinse all of it off, or else it'll bleach your towels) and I have had a clean face for a long time now.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-08-14, 12:23 PM #26
Originally posted by Sol:

STAB IT. STAB IT OUT OF ANGER. >.>

[Futurepost]
2005-08-14, 12:49 PM #27
I hardly ever get them. However I have to kind of personality that when I do, I mess with them until they are ripped of or go away.
2005-08-14, 10:20 PM #28
i had acne for a few years in high school ,but it started to clear up my senior year. I think being an athlete and sweating all the time made it a lot worse for me. Despite washing my face in the morning, in the shower and before going to bed, I'd still get some break outs. They weren't too bad though. I got some prescription face wash and pills and that helped quite a bit. I still get a zit now and then, but they are few and far between.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-15, 1:17 PM #29
Originally posted by Ruthven:
DO NOT TAKE RO ACCUTANE!!!

Yes, because you've got a degree in dermatology... :rolleyes:

Accutane has a lot of potential side effects, many of which are quite bad. But just because some of them happened to you doesn't mean it's not for everyone...Accutane is usually prescribed for really severe acne that won't go away with any other treatments. Kirby, if your acne can cause you that much physical pain, it may be something to think about. There are also various light and laser treatments which could help, and no, they're not all gimmicks. Light, sunlight even, can help quite a few dermatological problems...I think laser/light treatment works by finding a light wavelength that will kill acne bacteria without killing surrounding cells.
2005-08-15, 2:09 PM #30
lower frequencies of ultraviolet light can kill bacteria, and low frequency red light from led's at high intensity can heal cells, as well as magnetic fields, and there are some acne treatments that stem from this
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-15, 2:20 PM #31
I used to have problems with acne on my face when I was early teens. As I've gotten into my later teen years, it has gone from my face to my chest and upper back/shoulder areas. At least it's not as embarrassing that way.
2005-08-15, 2:24 PM #32
I used to get some baddies, but I never used/use face wash cause it dries out my skin. I havent had a bad zit for a while, but I feel for ya.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-15, 2:48 PM #33
minocyclin.
get some.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-08-15, 2:49 PM #34
Hydrochloric Acid will clear it right up
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-08-15, 3:03 PM #35

Originally posted by Emon:
Yes, because you've got a degree in dermatology...

Accutane was/is being pulled from the market because it causes depression.
2005-08-15, 3:07 PM #36
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Hydrochloric Acid will clear it right up

oh yeah
no more pimples on your face for a long long time

of course, no more face for a long long time either
only a mild side effect though
yay for not posting much ever
2005-08-15, 8:48 PM #37
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]Accutane was/is being pulled from the market because it causes depression.[/QUOTE]
It *can* cause. It just seems that if his acne can cause that much physical pain...it may be something to *think* about. He said it clears up okay when he uses his medication consistently, so I doubt he would need it, but it is something to look at.
2005-08-15, 8:59 PM #38
I stopped using soap and anything on my face besides water about 2.5 years ago and i've had barely any problems with acne since then. From my experience, all the medicines and cleansers that people use only make acne worse. Just use things that occur naturally (like water) and it does seem to help.
2005-08-15, 9:00 PM #39
I never get acne, ever. I love it. :o
DO NOT WANT.
2005-08-15, 9:59 PM #40
I've never had any problems with acne, just the occasional pimple when I was younger.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!